Will The Pandora Ever Arrive?

Ralph said:
supaimposter said:
Are there any more pandora's for pre order (maybe a cancelation or something) if so i would be interested.
smile.gif
Hope you get one mate ill keep my fingers crossed for you
smile.gif
im guessing the one i got was someone else's cancellation.

There does not seem to be any shortage of units available from the first batch.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't see it ever arriving tbh.

Its how many weeks (or years) overdue now? I was interested at first, but now only check back to see if people still believe this thing will be released.

To be honest, anyone buying this device will still have to carry two gadgets around, (this and a phone), so I see little to no advatange to the PandorA over a fnacy new smartphone + a DS.

declaration said:
I can't see it ever arriving tbh.

Dude, the first 100 boards are made and the case mould creation is underway - it's practically just around the corner.

Pantora will NEVER ship.Crag ix took your money and ron! He are an scam asrstist!

Edit:

Team Fortress 2 has been "in production" for nine years I can't see it ever arriving

To quote a recent thread:

EvilDragon said:
quartercast said:
Nice update. So when the hell am I getting my Pandora? Surely the project has progressed enough that you have a fixed date in mind.

Not really :)
It's still depending on so much things. If we were a proper company, we'd say December, as then everything that could theoretically happen AND some safety time to DOUBLE ensure nothing could go wrong would have to be added :)

We prefer to continue as fast as we can and deliver as fast as we can. That could be September, that could be October.
But it surely will be :)

I am expecting to receive mine in December. Any date earlier than that is a treat for me :)

Gruso said:
borgqueenx said:
I thought 100 untis are going to be tested....but some mould thing is first, that also takes 30 days.
"some mould thing"? Really?

Pfft, molds!
Back in my day, we hand-carved our game consoles out of Egyptian granite and it was STILL cheaper AND more durable than plastic!

lulzfish said:
Gruso said:
borgqueenx said:
I thought 100 untis are going to be tested....but some mould thing is first, that also takes 30 days.
"some mould thing"? Really?

Pfft, molds!
Back in my day, we hand-carved our game consoles out of Egyptian granite and it was STILL cheaper AND more durable than plastic!
Damn that Moses, so hard to get good game carving slaves now.

quartercast said:
I am expecting to receive mine in December. Any date earlier than that is a treat for me :)
+1. I'm expecting for SOME people to get theirs by November, but I was further down the list so I'm guessing Dec / maybe Jan for mine. Back in June when craigix said "I'm prepared to say July", I said "Well then I'll give him half a year extra on that one." So if no one has gotten one by end of January I'll get a refund. But that's extremely unrealistic now.

declaration said:
To be honest, anyone buying this device will still have to carry two gadgets around, (this and a phone), so I see little to no advatange to the PandorA over a fnacy new smartphone + a DS.
Has no one yet commented on the oddity of this statement? If you're carrying two devices, wouldn't you rather carry a phone and a Pandora than a phone and a DS? :p

Actually, I must admit that I don't quite see why I should need to buy a phone in order to carry a Pandora... ;)

rabidpoobear said:
quartercast said:
+1. I'm expecting for SOME people to get theirs by November, but I was further down the list so I'm guessing Dec / maybe Jan for mine. Back in June when craigix said "I'm prepared to say July", I said "Well then I'll give him half a year extra on that one." So if no one has gotten one by end of January I'll get a refund. But that's extremely unrealistic now.

I'm expecting the Pandora to pleasure it's end users around the time hell freezes over... :p

Have seen so many dates and estimates about it now

Tom` said:
declaration said:
Has no one yet commented on the oddity of this statement? If you're carrying two devices, wouldn't you rather carry a phone and a Pandora than a phone and a DS?
tongue.gif

I'd rather caryy an axe and a shotgun. The movies have taught me that's a good survival strategy.

dflemstr said:
No, for freezing $330 EACH in OpenPandora Ltd's bank accounts for up to 9 months to enable the Pandora devs to complete the device in the first place. Imagine the interest they'd have had to pay if they had taken a bank loan instead of taking preorders...

Actually, most of the time said money was probably
* frozen by the bank (in the beginning)
* back in the accounts / on the cards of buyers (how long did most of the people wait to pay back when they were reimbursed?)
* used to pay for components / pandora work

anyway, pandora will arrive in exactly two months, as usual

rabidpoobear said:
quartercast said:

Yup, expecting by Christmas. Anything earlier is sweet. Hopefully they can ship the US/Canada ones from within the US/Canada.

It is frustrating, but what to do? Either ask for a refund and hope there is a second batch or just wait the standard "two more months"

Surely we can find a way to vent the frustration in the meantime. Craigix is an easy target. ;)

Back