Release WINE

I had something in my code which did something like '32 * 0.375' which is 12, only the FPU I was doing it on decided the result was actually 11.9999999
Can you tell me which FPU that was? 32*0.375 should be exactly 12 on any FPU that supports ANSI floats, rounding rules are part of the standard (let alone there is no rounding in your example). That FPU can't even be used by a C/C++ compiler, so I'm really curious here.

More to the topic, do you guys use -mfpu=vfp or -mfpu=neon? I know it's silly, but might this be the problem?

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you tell me which FPU that was? 32*0.375 should be exactly 12 on any FPU that supports ANSI floats, rounding rules are part of the standard (let alone there is no rounding in your example). That FPU can't even be used by a C/C++ compiler, so I'm really curious here.
It is compiling for FlasCc/crossbridge, which then runs on the Flash player. I don't know what guarantees it makes about float support, but I do know the same code runs on about 10 different platforms we run our games on, and the Flash version was the only one to not work correctly (leading to a difficult to track down bug).

You can get Crossbridge from here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/crossbridge/files/

It states somewhere 'GCC 4.2 compiler with Flash backend'.

Yes tere are News for German Pandora Users:

I have a Image released with:

-latest Slackware 14-08 with finaly working "sudo" ^_^

-Slackware USB OTG Port Activator on Desktop

-latest Wineroot from LinuxBochs

-and the Information that its only for testing purposes ;)

Here the Link for all Users who can German or Little German :rolleyes:

http://forum.gp2x.de/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=16152

Wine work with some Applications fine but i got very very often a Wine Resolution Error in much Games Applications,

I experiment often with with your Project LinuxBochs,i love your Work and maybe

we have a better working Wineroot from you in Future :D

When we can help you in any Way for your Project,please write it.

Maybe it work better with Notaz SDL or can be the

export LIBGL_FB=1 ?? (i used it not)

Very good woooork from you.i am curious what happen next to this Project B)

3 things for the dsp I can think off:

1)
Vertex transformations when all the vertices of a model are transformed before they are uploaded to the gpu (this could actually work, would need some patches binaries I think). Save all transformation operations to a buffer (don't execute them). You would have to know when all vertices of a models are buffered, so the DSP can start transforming them. This maybe could be catched via the "upload_to_the_gpu" call in lunixbochs lib (or a libcall in qemu). The more problematic part is to know when a vertex transformation is being done, to catch it and it parameters and then jump back to the caller function. We would have to find a lib which is often used for this and somehow let qemu use "our native buffering version" instead of the original one. This is pretty hard I think.

2)

Blitting stuff on the dsp instead of the gpu (when the gpu is busy doing other stuff, my guess: very unlikely to be useful).

3) The audio calls are catched and done by the host os (like Super Zaxxon). This means they would be given to ALSA or Pulse Audio. Sometimes they are quite expensive (depends on hardware support for the format). When the DSP could be used in ALSA or Pulse Audio, to speed up the hardware unsupported formats, the emulation would be a bit faster.

Oh i rekognized that with the latest Wineroot does Diablo2 not work anymore,will try to replace with the 2D Version.

And i startet the good old Tirtanium Benchmark.

It show only the aviable aresolution with 800x480x16 not more resolutions.

Have we with LibGL support only this Resolution?

Then is no Wonder why so much Applications/Games hang on the

Bad Window Error cannot open Resolution.

I played with this Build wondefull Pinball from Microsoft smooth with Sound,that on the other Side workshops great.

Unfortunaly work no RPG Maker2000 Game because a Common Controls Error.

Tried for more 3D Combatily Zeckensacks 3DWrapper,but work not and i tried Scietech GL Direct for D3D using OpenGL,but ever Bad Window error.

Maybe can you fix this Resolution Problem?Tried Virtual Desktops in Wine too,but same Error.

Good Information, X Beyond the Frontier install very good and start the Launcher fine.

Must Patch this Evening this because Copy Protection.

Maybe i can start it in 800x480x16 ,wish me Luck :)

Ragnarok Online (RebirthRO)load the Launcher but not more.

More Testings come soon :)

Try exporting LIBGL_FB=1 and running the games in windowed mode. Not fullscreen.

Anyone have any luck using this with PanDebian (Wheezy)?

I've found my linux version of Grid Wars (It's difficult to download in recent times as it was decided it's too similar to Geometry Wars)

So I wanted to give this another go again, but I can't seem to get past "Unable to find libEGL" or similar message.

I've tried copying the EGL from SZ into the winroot libs folder - nope.

I've tried installing libEGL using Synaptic into PanDebian - nope.

So if you have had luck with PanDebian and the WINE package ca nyou give me some hints? :)

Oh Nice i will try Grid Wars with my Testing Things:

THX fpr the Tip Mcobit,no work more,not much because most Games stay Black

but little Surprise:

Here do i start a Descent 3 Decidated Games Server on the Pandora and my Windows Version show it

in the Network Games.

I must install Descent 3 new on my Windows PC maybe then can i join in the Game from the Pandora.

See here a Descent 3 Server on the Pandora under the genious Slackware started with LinuxBochs Qemu-I386

B) B)

https://www.youtube.com/embed/UphH77VtBvI?feature=oembed

What is the current method to install/use WINE? I tried extracting http://bochs.info/~aegis/wineroot-alsa.tar.gz onto my ext-formatted SD card, then following the instructions in this post, but when I try to run WINE with any arguments it gives me this error message:

wine: failed to initialize: /usr/local/wine/lib/wine/ntdll.dll.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
I had an earlier build installed in the past, should I have done something to uninstall it?

Unfortunately, I can't German, and I'd also rather not install another OS if I don't have to. This is supposed to work on stock SuperZaxxon, right?

Unfortunately, I can't German, and I'd also rather not install another OS if I don't have to. This is supposed to work on stock SuperZaxxon, right?
If you can you'd be the first.. I've only got it working on Slackware and a lesser extent pandebian. 

Back