Release WINE

Any chance Slay might be supported?

I keep thinking of writing a multiplatform version, but as with many of my projects, they don't usually get very far

Maybe you can run Slay on Android inside your Pandora.

I saw there is an Android Version.

Or you work with the Creator of ApkEnv to get this run without Android ;)

Maybe you can run Slay on Android inside your Pandora.

I saw there is an Android Version.

Or you work with the Creator of ApkEnv to get this run without Android ;)
But I already own the Windows version. Besides, I dislike using Android on the Pandora, ever since it wiped my SD card.
I guess if I could find a way of buying off Google Play without needing to associate my credit card with it, then I could stick it on my phone

Don't know if you can get them in the UK, but over here you can buy them at the grocery store. They behave exactly like credit cards but only have a limited amount of money on them. You may be able to order one off the internet as well.

The hybrid release requires PanDebian or similar (the GLIBC_2.10 error). You also need the xz binary to extract whatever that is.

My non-hybrid version will work on pretty much anything (but has no GL), at the expense of having much slower WINE startup times: http://bochs.info/~aegis/wineroot.tar.gz
Thank you lunixbochs,

I wanted to play the classic Windows Solitaire (sol.exe) on the Pandora and I read that WINE supports it.

This wineroot.tar.gz version works with SuperZaxxon 1.61 using these instructions: http://boards.openpandora.org/topic/14058-wine/?p=267535/URL]

Whenever I run Wine I get about six “Unsupported ancillary data: 1/2" messages before it works.

I tested it with Windows Solitaire from Windows 3.1(16-bit - sol.exe), Windows 2000 (32-bit - sol.exe, cards.dll), and Windows XP (32-bit - sol.exe, cards.dll).

The Windows 3.1 version works out of the box. The other versions need the corresponding cards.dll to be in the same folder and Wine must be set to use native cards.dll.  

Use “winecfg” to add the Library for cards (cards.dll) to native override.  On the Libraries tab select “cards” from the drop-down menu and click the Add button. Click the OK button to close winecfg.

The 32-bit Solitaire games will use a generic deck design without the native cards.dll override.

Freecell (freecell.exe) and Minesweeper (winmine.exe) also work.

Could you do an updated non-hybrid static build for SuperZaxxon?  

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
There's not a huge reason to have a non-hybrid build (hybrid has much faster startup and doesn't really have any downsides as far as I know).

Beyond that, I haven't changed WINE for anything besides hybrid mode. All of my important changes have been in QEMU and glshim. Someone (mcobit?) posted a newer QEMU build earlier in the thread I think.

Unsupported ancillary data is a QEMU message that doesn't seem to cause any problems. It's just a side effect of starting a few WINE processes.

Thanks for the information. I thought it may be possible to statically compile and package the hybrid version with all the libraries so it could work on SuperZaxxon.

Even if that is not the case I am happy that one build works with the stock OS. No more booting into Android just for Solitaire, and Windows Solitaire has good keyboard controls.

Thanks again!

It is possible. If/when I get further with OpenGL support I'll probably make a pnd or something.

Oh come than an newer Wineroot from you soon ? ;)

Its so wonderfull what your GLSHim all realized on the Pandora. ;)

My only current project is glshim. I am not working on WINE right now, but after a bit more glshim I *might* try it against WINE again and see if it gets any further than last time.

Ok,i think in your last Wineroot was no Multitexturing working for Descent3....

...was very near here to get it run and i heard the Ingame Music from the Selection Screen.

Do you mean it is ok to build newest GLSHIM and then simply replace then the libgl.so.1 ?

Or did Qemu use another Way for OpenGL Passtrough?

Maybe i can update a little here for Testings. ;)

No Hurry but still interresting ;)

You also need to build a current x86 libproxyclient.so and a libproxyhost.so or whatever... and I think libproxyhost might be statically linked into QEMU, so you'd need to build that too.

However, both ptitseb's and my glshim have multitexturing (use my "simplelist" branch if you want the latest features atm).

Hi,i want to experiment more and want to know from what for a X86 Linux Version

did you used the X86 Files/Libs for the Gnemul Directory? ^_^

I don't remember. I probably debootstrapped a basic system and deleted anything I didn't need.

Back