With All The Emulators Out There Why Not Gp32?

Exophase said:
Squidge said:
On the GP2X & Wiz, emulation of the GP32 is not a problem. I've done it (not including sound). However, there are some stumbling blocks. You can't emulate the BIOS properly because it's constantly trying to trample over your CP15 registers, so you have to nop those out. Secondly, if it reads anything from disk and tries to execute it, chances are that it'll crash as you can't trap the memory writes and flush the cache before the execution. Some goes for nearly every GP32 app out there that has decompression/decryption built in.

Its true you could fix some of the above problems by turning off the caches, but then it'll run like a snail.

Sounds like it is a problem afterall then. So then what software have you actually succeeded in emulating, outside of the modified BIOS?

Ok, forget the gp32 emulator...it is more complicated for it's worth, especially since it is not emulating in a PC but another handheld console of the same family tree, so complications like this would arise heavily. Almost like marrying your brother or sister :S bad analogy...but it is coming close it anyways.

My biggest two emulators that I want constantly updated and improved is the Gameboy advance emulator and the PSX emulator. Are there plans for these two emulators to be updated and improved and become more efficient and bug removal for the Wiz or is it the way it is, because of Pandora?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back