Wiz Preorder Numbers?

CronoTriggerfan said:
PoisonedV said:
CronoTriggerfan said:
and cut the condescending BS.
That's funny, you know, coming from you and all.
Yeah, pot calling the kettle black on yours too, buddy. If you didn't notice, I edited the post because it seemed a bit harsh. I don't dislike Peter, I'm just questioning his objectivity on this one. I do, however, dislike you.
heres the difference: im condescending when I have a reason. when someone complains that the eeePC cant play xbox360, I get condescending. you on the other hand, make dumb assumptions and act condescending based on those, similar to what he just did.
inb4 oper abyoos

CronoTriggerfan said:
Peter R said:
@CTF:
The overall point is that GPH is ignorant to what their consumers want. You yourself have stated that they ignored your input on the re-design of the 2nd d-pad, and you're one of the biggest Wiz advocates there is.
No, they took out advice and listened to us and separated the buttons. However, an executive decision was made to not use buttons that conflicted with the rest of the Wiz style and that are not circular. With circular (but scaled down in size) GP2x style buttons the Wiz would probably look a bit ridiculous.

CronoTriggerfan said:
I don't dislike Peter, I'm just questioning his objectivity on this one.
You are however biased towards the Pandora ;)

PoisonedV said:
heres the difference: im condescending when I have a reason. when someone complains that the eeePC cant play xbox360, I get condescending. you on the other hand, make dumb assumptions and act condescending based on those, similar to what he just did.
inb4 oper abyoos
Sure, cowboy. :lol:
Peter R said:
You are however biased towards the Pandora ;)
Eh, it suits my needs better. Though I did have a friend who wanted to get into old-school game emulation, and I convinced him to preorder a Wiz over a Pandora due to its size and play anywhere nature, so I think I'm somewhat even-keel on the issue. :p

craigix said:
I know for certain I don't have the lowest preorders, far from it.

You can't really get too far from 65. That's pretty crazy!

I wouldn't mind hearing "the story" as well. Sounds entertaining.

problem is, if he does say it publicly dumbasses like Peter R will talk about how hes trying to 'smear' them, and if gph found out relationships could be strained

The story is pretty well known if you've been around since the GP32 days :p

GPH / Gamepark are reknowned for shoddy build quality, lack of communication, not releasing commercial games when they said they would (Look at Wiz - Blood Cross, that game is over 5 years old and its still not out!). Also pulling the plug on suppliers without due warning, means that any orders placed would have to be refunded (not cool). Vapourware like the XGP / mini - XGP. Releasing the FLU GP32 and then within 6 months bringing out the BLU. (Kind of like the F100 vs F200 with GP2X).

To be honest I don't trust them.. only thing cool about GPH / Gamepark was Bada @ Entware (commercial game distribution network) and I think thats bit the dust now too.

I'm happy for Pandora becoming a reality. The level of comms from this site is unprecedented - I wish the people behind it all the best in making this a successful project :)

All we need a blond guy with longsword to make gp32-gp2x-wiz story to a legend...

quasist said:
All we need a blond guy with longsword to make gp32-gp2x-wiz story to a legend...
Or Tim Curry
legend.jpg

Peter R said:
I didn't say Craig is doing it due to Pandora etc. I simply said that due to his affiliation with the Pandora that basically anything he says shouldn't necessarily be trusted.

Except for the fact that neither the Wiz nor the DSi are competing in the same category as the Pandora.

I think that I will continue to trust Craig.

I wouldn't trust any businessman or company. They have a funny goal in life and that is making profit.
For making profit they need to convince us to buy their product, and I'm sure most will not tell you the failures of their product. It will always be a good news story.

That said, I trust someone more that has the guts to face the crowd and speak up his mind compared to a faceless and voiceless company.

It's better to buy something which is value for money and pandora is one to get it has qwerty keyboard,powerful cpu,4.3 tft screen,128mb ram,has usb port to connect any usb peripheral or device what i like about the usb port you can connect a pendrive and can listen to mp2 tracks straightaway.
The wiz can't do any of these the machine doesn't trust me at all it's boring, the pandora is selling really well and wiz is selling really bad the sales tells you which products is successful and people buy, i reckon the wiz will die out if it continues to sell really poorly.

sukhiextreme said:
It's better to buy something which is value for money and pandora is one to get it has qwerty keyboard,powerful cpu,4.3 tft screen,128mb ram,has usb port to connect any usb peripheral or device what i like about the usb port you can connect a pendrive and can listen to mp2 tracks straightaway.
The wiz can't do any of these the machine doesn't trust me at all it's boring, the pandora is selling really well and wiz is selling really bad the sales tells you which products is successful and people buy, i reckon the wiz will die out if it continues to sell really poorly.
Okay, that's nice, but it's also $330, and many people don't need all the extra stuff the Pandora has to offer. For someone who wants a relatively powerful device for things like emulators that they can stick in their pocket and play wherever due to the small size and not have it maul their bank account, the Wiz is an excellent choice. Your logic is the same as saying, "LOL Y WOULD U EVER GET T3H EEEPC IF U KAN GET *insert large, overpowered notebook here*" Also, the Wiz won't die out, support will grow over time and it will sell extremely well in Korea as it always has.

The wiz is £129.99 and pandora costs £199.99 there is not much difference in the price, for £199.99 you will get mini laptop which is pandora.

You mentioned emulators the wiz won't be to bad for this but the pandora will be alot better for emulators we will get some of these psx,n64,jaguar,mega drive 32x,dreamcast,3do or maybe ds lite,psp if all of these appear it will be most amazing handheld system to date.

first of all, most of those systems won't be emulated...
second, that is still a large difference in price. not sure if you use that currency, but it has a lot more value.
also: not everyone wants a pandora. some people want something small, inconspicuous that can play a few games and watch movies on. why get the pandora if its overkill?

Most systems won't be emulated that's not true have you seen the video of evildragon he said some developers are confident that dreamcast emulator is possible that video is on you tube.

If the wiz that important to some why didn't it sell really well i phoned up the gp2x uk distributor they said very few wiz sold and pandora sold over 3000 units already the pandora sales are far ahead of the wiz.

sukhiextreme said:
Most systems won't be emulated that's not true have you seen the video of evildragon he said some developers are confident that dreamcast emulator is possible that video is on you tube.
uh, no.

If the wiz that important to some why didn't it sell really well i phoned up the gp2x uk distributor they said very few wiz sold and pandora sold over 3000 units already the pandora sales are far ahead of the wiz.
wtf are you talking about? i never said it was "that" important to some, I said that some people would prefer it. stop making dumbass assumptions. also, that was the UK market. why dont you go look at some spanish gp2x shop...

If you look at this way the wiz look the same as gp2x f-200 there no improvements in the features.

The wiz are missing usb port so no usb connectivity,1 sd card slot ,3.5 tft screen it's same as f-200.

It's crazy how people can fall for wiz so easily, anyways good luck people who would buy the wiz, i don't really like the gp consoles anymore, i'm interested in the pandora.

The spanish shop did the wiz sales outsell the pandora.

sukhiextreme said:
If you look at this way the wiz look the same as gp2x f-200 there no improvements in the features.

The wiz are missing usb port so no usb connectivity,1 sd card slot ,3.5 tft screen it's same as f-200.

It's crazy how people can fall for wiz so easily, anyways good luck people who would buy the wiz, i don't really like the gp consoles anymore, i'm interested in the pandora.
no improvements? how about faster and better cpu, smaller size, and what appears to be a really good build quality.
'fall' for the wiz? are you assuming anyones tricked into it? no, like i told you, some people simply dont NEED the pandora.
just cause you want the wiz to be a horrible piece of shit doesn't mean it is.

PoisonedV said:
'fall' for the wiz? are you assuming anyones tricked into it?

no, that doesnt seem to be what he's saying at all.

This thread is a mess for all the misunderstanding and pathetic attempts at oneupmanship. Be civil people.

Back