Wiz Won't Start Up, Won't Display Anything ..

torpor

hack hack hack, the little machines fight back
Website
w1xer.at
.. its been in my drawer for about 2 months, and I'm quite sure it had a full charge when I left it there, but it seems that my dear Wiz won't boot now .. I've got the USB-WIZ charging cable plugged into a Mains->USB adapter (so that I know that its "full charge capacity" USB supply), but .. isn't there supposed to be some sort of light or indication that the battery is charging, or something?

Is it possible I've left my Wiz go flat and now it won't charge .. anyone know if this is a normal issue with the Wiz, as in: the battery is toast and I need to replace it?

Anyway I'll leave it plugged in overnight and if there is any change tomorrow, I'll update the thread .. but it seems like I've hit the ceiling on my Wiz. Pity, I was really looking forward to booting it up again this evening ..

Sounds like the battery to me. Can't be bricked since it was just sitting there. Some batteries don't like sitting dead for long periods of time..... I know from experience. Hopefully spare batteries will become available again since Wiz production restarted.

Okay .. never mind .. I just realized I'd mixed up the cable for the Caanoo and the Wiz .. swapped them around and now both are charging happily .. what sort of company uses the same connector but different pinouts for their line of products, grr ... ;)

the same cable should work, at least I can charge both my Wiz and Caanoo with the same cable...
anyway, don't put the handheld away for months, these Lithium batteries don't like to run empty. my girlfriend's dingoo was empty for about 3 month, and now it works only 1-2 mins using batteries, can't be charged :(

I absolutely could not get it to charge with the Caanoo cable .. strange .. well, anyway, all my gadgets have been dug out and recharged lately, so lets hope this thread is over ..

Orion4874 said:
Sounds like the battery to me. Can't be bricked since it was just sitting there. Some batteries don't like sitting dead for long periods of time..... I know from experience. Hopefully spare batteries will become available again since Wiz production restarted.

There are no other sources for the battery? If not that really, really SUX! This was one of my major beefs with the WIZ and Pandora to begin with. THe AA batteries are inconvenient, but they will always be available.

Chris

Last edited by a moderator:
christo930 said:
Orion4874 said:

There are no other sources for the battery? If not that really, really SUX! This was one of my major beefs with the WIZ and Pandora to begin with. THe AA batteries are inconvenient, but they will always be available.

Chris
As far as I know Play-Asia was the only place that carried them(maybe ED's shop as well but I'm not sure)and they havn't been in stock in a while.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back