Wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sam, you keep going on about this uber simple single-celled organism that is what every other living creature evolved from but you have not explained where the organism itself came from.. that question is what causes people to not believe in evolution.. the fact that to evolve from something, there must always be a precursor ie it all goes back ad infinitum.

subcon959 posted on Feb 9 2007 at 10:30 PM said:
Sam, you keep going on about this uber simple single-celled organism that is what every other living creature evolved from but you have not explained where the organism itself came from.. that question is what causes people to not believe in evolution.. the fact that to evolve from something, there must always be a precursor ie it all goes back ad infinitum.
Infact, my first post I mentioned where it came on. A random series of events in a high energy and unstable post big bang earth environment created life.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am a Christian (not catholic and not hitting people over the head with a bible) and I do not believe that we came from apes. Although I do believe that evolution is real (from God). People say there is no proof in Christianity but if thats true then I have seen a crap load of miraculous coincidences, but if they are not coincidences then they must be real which proves Christianity to me.

CABBAGES posted on Feb 9 2007 at 11:19 PM said:
Well ok since you called me a FUCKING THICK SHIT I believe now. how is this proof ? "Mutations occur during cell division where the genetic information is in a vunerable state, affected by radiation and such. Cochroach cells reproduce slowly, hence they handle radiation better in terms of genetic damage."

If you think logically you need to believe that there has been something around forever. Even evolution gos all teh way back to that . Im not saying GOD im just saying something has been around forever. You talk about energy earlier.

THis has been around forever you cannot create energy or destroy it you can only change its form. This could be the god or thing i believe in that created everything.

daclassicgamingmaster: What i was meanig about teh house in the desert was somethin had to make it. Same as peoepl who believe in evolution need to believe that there was something in teh begining that came form nowhere it has always been there. Be it energy or particles of dust or a Potatoe it must have been there forever to make the things that started to evolve.

Yes it sounds daft but its the only explanation to both god and evolution.
you answered your own question "you cannot create energy or destroy it you can only change its form" but think now if energy becomes mass and mass becomes energy, and that energy cant exist without mass or mass cant exist without energy,so the cycle of energy to mass and vice versa is fundament to the existence of
ehh... "all stuff we know of"
(E=mc²)

then the constant changing/splits/divides/addition to the cycle is what we call evolution when we "dub" the new "product" to be more advanced than it,s predecessor

and i can see what you mean that there is no proof of "evolution" but there,s no proof for anything because our senses dictates what we can comprehend and the mind crunches the result but if our minds and senses is flawed we cannot comprehend anything so this world may be something different than we "simians" se it as

and i know it sounds strange but i think that nothing has been created EVER. it just changes form so if god dont exist now theres a huge chance that it will exist later, and omnipotent as it is it has always existed
(but that is just my view)

sam you say "A random series of events in a high energy and unstable post big bang earth environment created life."

Where did the random series of events in a high energy and unstable post big bang earth environment come from ? did it evolve from something else ? or had it been around forever ?

No, before the bit bang matter was concentrated at the centre of the universe, until its intense gravity caused it to collapse on itself like a black hole and its high energy flung it far and wide undergoing a massive amount of nucleur reactions. There are many theories of the state of matter before the big bang, such as a Hydrogen "super atom".

Edit: Matter doesn't evolve.

ok sam but the matter that you talk about where did it come from ? Im not trying to annoy anyone here im just trying t opoint out that something has been around forever. If you accept that something has been around forever then you must think that the theory of god could be possible.

CABBAGES posted on Feb 9 2007 at 11:16 PM said:
ok sam but the matter that you talk about where did it come from ? Im not trying to annoy anyone here im just trying t opoint out that something has been around forever. If you accept that something has been around forever then you must think that the theory of god could be possible.
No, the law of conservation of energy states it can be neither created nor destroyed. So it was always sitting there.

ok finally thats all i wanted to point out. could have saved alot of time.

Now this matter created everything ? How is that more plausible than god creating everything ?

Now remember im not saying god is a fact im just saying that matter creating everything and god creating everything are both valid theories and actually more similar than most people believe.

sam fisher posted on Feb 10 2007 at 12:14 AM said:
No, before the bit bang matter was concentrated at the centre of the universe, until its intense gravity caused it to collapse on itself like a black hole and its high energy flung it far and wide undergoing a massive amount of nucleur reactions. There are many theories of the state of matter before the big bang, such as a Hydrogen "super atom".

i assume that Edit was @me evolution is a word and i think it describes what i mean excellently.
matter is energy energy is matter and therefore it must evolve to exist (time is not an issue ad infinitum)

http://astrophysics.gsfc.nasa.gov/about/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galaxy_formation_and_evolution

It might not have been created, it could've just come into being for absolutely no reason whatsoever ;)

CABBAGES posted on Feb 9 2007 at 11:30 PM said:
ok finally thats all i wanted to point out. could have saved alot of time.

Now this matter created everything ? How is that more plausible than god creating everything ?

Now remember im not saying god is a fact im just saying that matter creating everything and god creating everything are both valid theories and actually more similar than most people believe.
No, as matter randomly reacts. Look, im not going to recite basic particle theory to you, or attempt to explain entropy to you.

evol posted on Feb 9 2007 at 11:40 PM said:
sam fisher posted on Feb 10 2007 at 12:14 AM said:

i assume that Edit was @me evolution is a word and i think it describes what i mean excellently.
matter is energy energy is matter and therefore it must evolve to exist (time is not an issue ad infinitum)

http://astrophysics.gsfc.nasa.gov/about/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galaxy_formation_and_evolution
Not, to him, he used it in the wrong context. The univserse evolves. Matter doesn't itself.

Orkie posted on Feb 9 2007 at 11:46 PM said:
It might not have been created, it could've just come into being for absolutely no reason whatsoever ;)
Well, its much mroe likely that the universe is infinite, always has been and always will be. Just like 1/0.

ah well you admit to somethin then talk about reciting basic particle theory. All i was saying was the matter you talk about in your eyes created everything, Not talkin about evolution or anythin jus tthe fact that the matter did whatever it did and the universe was created. Sounds very similar to the whole god thing.

Anyway are they male female ? They arent gay are they ?

subcon959 posted on Feb 9 2007 at 07:34 PM said:
It appears to me that faith is required no matter which theory you choose to believe.

Belief is accepting something as true or real. There are two kinds of belief: faith based and knowledge based.

Faith is accepting something as true or real without evidence or rational basis for doing so. That's not the case for evolution. It is the case for belief in anything supernatural. We've been around for thousands of years, and no one has provided evidence for the supernatural that would withstand rigorous critical analysis.

Knowledge is accepting something as true or real based on rational or physical evidence. Note that we're not talking about absolute proof... such a thing only exists in mathematics.

You ask good questions, you sound like a seeker.

Edit: I suggest that you re-read the Bene Gesserit credo. :)

CABBAGES posted on Feb 10 2007 at 12:18 AM said:
ah well you admit to somethin then talk about reciting basic particle theory. All i was saying was the matter you talk about in your eyes created everything, Not talkin about evolution or anythin jus tthe fact that the matter did whatever it did and the universe was created. Sounds very similar to the whole god thing.

Anyway are they male female ? They arent gay are they ?
No, you just fail at interpretation of my posts.

1) The matter did not create the universe, the veyr nature of matter is that it randomly "does things" I won't go into detail. And the Matter IS the universe.

2) The Universe is infinite, always has been and always will be, just its shape and attributes alter with time due to events. There is no God, as the universe could never of been created. It just always HAS been. Why? I don't know. It's a paradox. Infact all of everything is an infinite paradox of paradoxes of paradoxes....etc.....

then your universe created everything else ? If the universe has been around forever then how can you not see the similarites with that and a god like thing ?

I think you are reading this stuff of the net and not really thinkin for yourself and by see how young you are maybe being taught this stuff at school.

Anyway as i said earlier in this thread "lets not get into a debate about evolution and god because its"pointless. I just tryed to show that they are quite similar.

anyway time to go play RAILFAN and /or try some more games on picodrive :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back