Wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
CABBAGES posted on Feb 10 2007 at 01:57 AM said:
then your universe created everything else ? If the universe has been around forever then how can you not see the similarites with that and a god like thing ?

I think you are reading this stuff of the net and not really thinkin for yourself and by see how young you are maybe being taught this stuff at school.

Anyway as i said earlier in this thread "lets not get into a debate about evolution and god because its"pointless. I just tryed to show that they are quite similar.

anyway time to go play RAILFAN and /or try some more games on picodrive :D
I'm taught this at school. And you are a fool. God is supposedly sentient and benevolent. The universe is created of completely un-sentient quarks, leptons, fundamental particles, and other stuff etc. They are interactiving RANDOMLY with each other. Same reason we exist. However, from anypoint in the universe, if you knew where everything was, then you could predict everything that will ever happen.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sam, why is it that you can't participate in a discussion without resorting to insults? <_<

sam fisher posted on Feb 9 2007 at 09:36 PM said:
I've pointed this out to him since the beginning of this discussion on Evolution/The Universe/God, but he still doesn't get it.

That doesn't answer my question. Your response does, however, make you look like an elitist snob ... if you were half as intelligent as you make yourself out to be, you surely could argue your points without resorting to name-calling <_<

sam fisher posted on Feb 9 2007 at 10:00 PM said:
I'm more than twice as intelligent as I make myself out to be. I just get angry when people can't grasp simple things which i've know since I was 7.
I guess the word pretentious was on his vocab list for the week.

Hello,

Now...I am religious...but I also believe most scientific theories. The reason I am religious though is the question "Where did the mass the started the big bang come from?"And I know that most of you non-religious people ask "Where did God come from then?". I don't think we will ever know. The only thing we can understand is our modern world or maybe the not-too-distant past, not how everything first started. So, starting arguments about this kind of stuff is pointless.

OMars posted on Feb 9 2007 at 10:16 PM said:
Hello at

Now...I am religious...but I also believe most scientific theories. The reason I am religious though is the question "Where did the mass the started the big bang come from?"And I know that most of you non-religious people ask "Where did God come from then?". I don't think we will ever know. The only thing we can understand is our modern world or maybe the not-too-distant past, not how everything first started. So, starting arguments about this kind of stuff is pointless.

Respect. :)

... and here I was just trying to post a nice picture about a possible real-life Romeo & Juliet buried together embracing. What was I thinking?

sam fisher posted on Feb 10 2007 at 03:00 AM said:
I'm more than twice as intelligent as I make myself out to be. I just get angry when people can't grasp simple things which i've know since I was 7.
Intelligence is nothing without maturity. It's essential to grasp that concept if you have any interest in being taken seriously during discussions.

CABBAGES posted on Feb 9 2007 at 09:58 PM said:
Evolution is the biggest load of bullshit ever. What did the bulls evolve from ?.

Sam i am not saying that there is a god but i am saying there is no proof of evolution. How can a computer modelled simulation prove it ? Oh and by the way if you do believe in god then he did make the earth and the whole universe.

Now lets think logically. Forget about evolution. You go to a desert and find a house and i tell you it just appeared. What do you say ?

How did I know this topic was going to end up this way when I saw it :p

Creationism is the biggest load of bullshit ever.

Cabbages, saying there is no proof of evolution is very ignorant. Not only is there proof of it in the ancient past, but there is proof that evolution is happening at all times CONSTANTLY :rolleyes:

Why do you think bacteria becomes resistant to anti-biotics to the point that what was once a cure, becomes inefective? What is the mechanism at work there ? EVOLUTION!! :rolleyes: Yes the microbes evolve to survive. The reason it happens so quickly is because of the rate of reproduction and the quantity of it. And that is a simple example.

To those that say both are "beliefs" that is wrong.

God is a "belief". It is something made up to attempt to easily explain the unexplained. You can believe anything. Beliefs do not have to be backed up by facts. I can say I believe in unicorns. I can say they are very rare and run away before you can see them. I don't need any proof that they exist to believe that, I can just make it up. There is no evidence of it or any proof of any kind of a supernatural being, God. The existance of one thing does not prove another unless there is a proven link. So the existance of humans doesn't prove the existance of god, anymore than the existance of Lucky Charms proves the existance of Leprachauns.

Evolution is science, not a "belief". It is supported by provable, tangible evidence and processes. There is no magic hokus pokus.

The whole "where did life come from" thing can be researched if you look at the many scientific documents. It is explained and backed up by evidence. It would take way too long to type out the whole thing there. It does take some work and research but it is all there. Just type "evolution" into google and read away. Of course that is why God is so popular of an explanation. It only requires you to say "God did it" for everything and you have all of the answers, easy. It is for those with lazy minds. Where did the universe come from? God did it. Where did humans come from? God did it. See no thought required. Science requires you to use your head for something other than a hat rack, this is something too many of us aren't willing to do.

Romeo and Juliet != Adam & Eve

... I now hate this topic. :angry: Thanks a lot, you pack of turds.

There are many scientists that dont think that evolution is fact. If evolution is still happening why Do i still get teh cold why did my gran die of cancer ? Why can i not see very well ? why is steven hawkins in a weel chair. Why do dolphins not come out of the sea and grow legs (Or stumps as someone mentioned earlier) ? As they breathe air like us !

:D Anyway the thing is evolution is no more fact than god and the things sam comes out with just seesm to be some science stuff hes copied off a website.

My whole point was to sho that something somewhere was there all the time and it coudl be God or matter or anything.

CABBAGES posted on Feb 10 2007 at 05:00 AM said:
There are many scientists that dont think that evolution is fact. If evolution is still happening why Do i still get teh cold why did my gran die of cancer ? Why can i not see very well ? why is steven hawkins in a weel chair. Why do dolphins not come out of the sea and grow legs (Or stumps as someone mentioned earlier) ? As they breathe air like us !

:D Anyway the thing is evolution is no more fact than god and the things sam comes out with just seesm to be some science stuff hes copied off a website.

My whole point was to sho that something somewhere was there all the time and it coudl be God or matter or anything.

Again totally wrong. Anyone that is a TRUE scientist and not a religeous shill would not say that evolution is not a fact.

All of those "examples" you gave don't mean anything. Why do we get sick? Because biological processes aren't always perfect all of the time. Why don't dolphins come out of the sea and grow limbs? Because there are no evolutionary pressures to do so. Although whales were land creatures at one time that evolved for sea life.

Again all of the answers are on the net and in the library. I suggest you bone up on your science a bit, then come back and try to make a valid point. If you learn anything you would come back and apologize for sounding like a nut.

Cabbages, how can you say evolution is no more fact than God? That's asinine. There is absolutely no proof of God, (although I do believe there is something else out there, a force of somekind), but there is indeed proof of evolution. Ever hear of fossils? I guess not. Go look at google images.

RCD (radio carbon dating) is absolutely revolutionary and has helped mankind quite a bit. We can physically date bones back to an accurate time frame.

Evolution has been proven. To say otherwise is nonsensical.

EDIT: Mods, please don't close this yet. It's still civilized and interesting to read through.

Sorry but i will never accept evolution as a fact. I am Maybe not the most intelligent person in the worl but i am not stupid. I knew before istarted saying these things that there would be not many if any that would agree with me :). Fossils are not proof.

I dont think this should be closed either as long as it dosnt turn into name calling and stuff. It woudl be good to hear from someone that agrees with me but i know there arent many :).

Not all scientists agree with one another i migth have a look to see if i can find some examples.

I hope people dont think im daft or anything as im not !!!

EDIT: Purple goat do you mean me ?

EDIT: Darwin also said that fossils do not prove evolution :-

"But, as by this theory innumerable transitional forms must have existed, why do we not find them embedded in countless numbers in the crust of the earth? It will be much more convenient to discuss this question in the chapter on the Imperfection of the geological record; and I will here only state that I believe the answer mainly lies in the record being incomparably less perfect than is generally supposed;"

EDIT: Darwin correctly realized that there were four serious problems with his theory. :-

LONG before having arrived at this part of my work, a crowd of difficulties will have occurred to the reader. Some of them are so grave that to this day I can never reflect on them without being staggered; but, to the best of my judgment, the greater number are only apparent, and those that are real are not, I think, fatal to my theory.

These difficulties and objections may be classed under the following heads:-Firstly, why, if species have descended from other species by insensibly fine gradations, do we not everywhere see innumerable transitional forms? Why is not all nature in confusion instead of the species being, as we see them, well defined?

Secondly, is it possible that an animal having, for instance, the structure and habits of a bat, could have been formed by the modification of some animal with wholly different habits? Can we believe that natural selection could produce, on the one hand, organs of trifling importance, such as the tail of a giraffe, which serves as a fly-flapper, and, on the other hand, organs of such wonderful structure, as the eye, of which we hardly as yet fully understand the inimitable perfection?

Thirdly, can instincts be acquired and modified through natural selection? What shall we say to so marvellous an instinct as that which leads the bee to make cells, which have practically anticipated the discoveries of profound mathematicians?

Fourthly, how can we account for species, when crossed, being sterile and producing sterile offspring, whereas, when varieties are crossed, their fertility is unimpaired?

EDIT: By the way im gettin this info from this website -----> http://www.scienceagainstevolution.org

You have also got to think that we humans are an interfering lot. We don't leave evolution and survival of the fittest to take its course.

We are constantly developing medicines and prosthetics and in a sense damaging our global gene pool by allowing those with weaker genes to survive. I'm not saying it's not good that we can't help people with certain conditions, I'm just pointing out that we DO interfere with the evolution process.

TelcoLou posted on Feb 10 2007 at 05:38 AM said:
Romeo and Juliet != Adam & Eve

... I now hate this topic. :angry: Thanks a lot, you pack of turds.
im sorry TelcoLou :unsure:

ill leave this thread to those who stays on topic :(

Italy has a pretty lively history of earthquakes and volcanic activity. There has to be a fair chance these bones have moved since they were buried and by chance have come to rest in a manner that can be interpreted this way.

Is there anyone here from Europe who does not accept evolution ?

Personally I feel a deep sadness and foreboding every time a religious person opens their mouths. As physicist Stephen Weinberg said: "Good people will do good things, and bad people will do bad things. But for good people to do bad things—that takes religion."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back