Xp Blue Screening When Gp2x Is Connected

Tobster

Still Fresh
Hi all.
I'm a final year Games Science student at Teeside uni, delevoping a game for these consoles as part of a module.

Basically, I just installed the linux.inf driver to get the PC talking to the GP2X yesterday. It created a network device 'Linux USB/RNDIS etc' and was working absolutely fine. I was able to telnet the GP2X and transfer files.

Today, I connect the the device to the PC, nothing happens at all (no device connected sound, hard drive activity or anything) then Windows blue screens after about 15 seconds.

The network device is no longer appearing in network places, but appears in device manager, but it won't let me uninstall it.

I've tested the GP2X on my laptop; and it still works fine; so it's (unsuprisingly) a Windows f*** up.

Can anyone help me?

Games Science?

Man, when I was in school (not that long ago) we only had things like Math .. not Game MAth. Damnit :)

jeff

Tobster said:
Today, I connect the the device to the PC, nothing happens at all (no device connected sound, hard drive activity or anything) then Windows blue screens after about 15 seconds.
I got same problem playing Lineage 2 with Logitech Rumblepad gamepad. After some time that gamepad just was turning my laptop off :)
So I suppose some power suppliment problems. Looks likes the fault of gp2x usb cable or your PC's USB port. The cable that came with my gp2x was behaving strange (not recognized by some PC's).
Anyway I don't use USB connection (swapping SD is fun and helps relax from long coding sessions)

Last edited by a moderator:
Open your computer and look on the motherboard for leaking capacitors that look like this:

capacitor-plague-32.jpg

or this:

capblown_3.jpg

Senor --

Nice ;) Or more likely is the fact Win XP SP3 makes al these semi-bogus linux.infs cause instant bluescreens all over the place :)

jeff

hehe ..those are old computers..
present days are better :)

you might try reinstalling VIA 4in1 or Hyperion for VIA chipset motherboard
or INTEL Inf Update .. for Intel chipset ..should fix your USB troubles
maybe

euro48k said:
hehe ..those are old computers..
present days are better :)
He never said how old his computer was and there are still plenty of old computers still chugging along that have some bad caps on them. In fact, my friend has a Soyo Dragon board that still works just fine and it has a whole row of bulged caps. Wouldn't want to use it as a server, though.

Reason I suggested it was as a PC tech I saw several PCs exhibit this same behavior. Worked fine until you plugged something into a USB port while it was running. But if this SP3 linux inf thing is a new problem I'd agree it's probably more likely.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back