Your Favourite Pandora Moment So Far...

Sorry for the off-topicness, here, a moment. :p

Exophase said:
This tonight was kind of one for me:

http://www.digitalmzx.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=14914

You'd have to be part of this community to really understand well ;)
Looking good, there. I've been wanting to try out MegaZeux (especially since, you know, there's a couple of attempts at Mega Man games listed on DigitalMZX... :p). (Also: Why haven't you changed the default desktop background yet?! :p)

Last edited by a moderator:
Prometheus said:
Looking good, there. I've been wanting to try out MegaZeux (especially since, you know, there's a couple of attempts at Mega Man games listed on DigitalMZX... :p ). (Also: Why haven't you changed the default desktop background yet?! :p )

Dear god, don't play those games with "Megaman" in the title. Especially not as the first MZX games you play. Please don't :( They're very bad. I have some friends who were working on a Megaman-clone that actually does play like a Megaman game, although kinda in parody form. Dunno what happened to that.

Why haven't I changed the default desktop background.. I don't know, why haven't I used the Pandora for anything aside from development so far? I really buy these devices so I can get things on them, not so much so I can enjoy them >_>

Exophase said:
Dear god, don't play those games with "Megaman" in the title. Especially not as the first MZX games you play. Please don't :( They're very bad. I have some friends who were working on a Megaman-clone that actually does play like a Megaman game, although kinda in parody form. Dunno what happened to that.
Wow, blimey. I'll take your word for it. :lol: Anything you recommend for a first game?

Prometheus said:
Wow, blimey. I'll take your word for it. :lol: Anything you recommend for a first game?

http://www.digitalmzx.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=14854

Bringing this back on topic, a few favorite moments off the top of my head:

• Getting my Pandora
  • First running Mupen64plus
  • Running Ocarina of Time for the first time on my Pandora
  • Finally discovering in the most recent build of Mupen64plus that Bomberman 64: Second Attack is now playable, and with minimal overclocking.
  • Running Tiny Tank after the version of psx4pandora with the sound fix was released.
  • Beating Sonic Megamix with Shadow

Still in the waiting game, but I'm willing to bet that my best Pandora moment will be when it arrives and I first turn it on :)

My favorite moment so far is getting NetMaze to work over Dosbox's IPX Tunneling between my Wifi connected Pandora and Dosbox on my Windows XP PC.

The game slowed down to the Pandora's speed but it was cool to have it working.

NetMaze is a simple freeware multiplayer IPX network combat game for 2-8 players. You can steer, brake, shoot, and collect power-ups.

Netmaze.jpg

NetMaze to work over Dosbox's IPX

I wonder if you'd be willing to track down a copy of Spectre VR and see if you can get it working multiplayer as well? I've been a bit put off by DOSBOX on the Pandora, but if you can get Spectre VR running multiplayer, well then .. I'll have to catch up! :)

dgame said:
My favorite moment so far is getting NetMaze to work over Dosbox's IPX Tunneling between my Wifi connected Pandora and Dosbox on my Windows XP PC.

The game slowed down to the Pandora's speed but it was cool to have it working.

NetMaze is a simple freeware multiplayer IPX network combat game for 2-8 players. You can steer, brake, shoot, and collect power-ups.

Netmaze.jpg
Bugger - I was going to write something like this. Guess tank games have been done to death.

My favourite Pandora moment was the unboxing. Ripping open the bag and without any buggering about opening the box and then looking up as Bobby steps out the shower saying, "You're not Pam!".

torpor said:
NetMaze to work over Dosbox's IPX

I wonder if you'd be willing to track down a copy of Spectre VR and see if you can get it working multiplayer as well? I've been a bit put off by DOSBOX on the Pandora, but if you can get Spectre VR running multiplayer, well then .. I'll have to catch up! :)

Why don't we just try to get the people who made Spectre3D to port it to the Pandora?

-God Ginrai

may88 said:
Bugger - I was going to write something like this. Guess tank games have been done to death.

There's always room for improvement and new ideas!

B-ZaR said:
may88 said:

There's always room for improvement and new ideas!

Like creating a homebrew BattleTanx game! :D

-God Ginrai

I've already done that, twice. Now I want to do it again :(

Its addictive, watch out! :)

Why don't we just try to get the people who made Spectre3D to port it to the Pandora?

Well, do you want to wait that long to play SpectreVR? I don't! I think it'll run in DOSBOX, but I can't be stuffed to find out ... ;)

Anyway:

Like creating a homebrew BattleTanx game! :D

The WakeBreaker sources are available, and thats 2/3rds of the game done already! Seriously!

Back