Your Most Wanted Ported Game On Pandora?

The site says that it has some bugs due to the wider screen, so apparently 4:3 would be best anyway. It's going to have to be scaled up either way on the Pandora, though, because just increasing the viewport of a 320x240 game on an 800x480 screen will wind up with a pretty tiny picture.

I hope Cave Story gets ported since it's such an awesome game, but I have it on my GP2X so it's not a "most wanted port" for me.

Are there like any specific instances that having a wider screen would be a bad thing? I know that there are some rooms with stuff on the edges, but the rooms obviously don't have to be rescaled, just the large environments. That way, it would also give a sense of openness when you step outside. I think that could be pretty cool.

BaDToaD said:
icurafu said:
so what? they redid every tile to be fatter without being scaled? :rolleyes:
Any why not? Only needs a batch conversion resizer.

Sure, that works well with pixel art! Always did! ^_^

And no, they didn't. They simply made the view fit the resolution so you see more, as others have said before me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Magnulus said:
BaDToaD said:
icurafu said:
so what? they redid every tile to be fatter without being scaled? :rolleyes:
Any why not? Only needs a batch conversion resizer.

Sure, that works well with pixel art! Always did! ^_^

I was simply pointing out it was possible. As for your sarcasm maybe there is some advantage to stretching the view rather than resizing blocks that I don't know of? <_<

Might as well resize it on the fly if you want to do that.

Anyway, I got served earlier. Looks like there is no resizing. I'll prefer to play it on the pandora at 640x480 with each pixel stretched 2x2.

Hmmm now that I've given some thought, I think the game I'll play the most on the Pandora will be Idle.

Seriously, an handled game console on which you can code, isn't that awesome ? Am I the only one that ever dreamt of coding in the subway or while waiting for the bus ?

A Armagetron and/or GL Tron port would be very nice. Both are real fun multiplayer Tron games.

Link to Armagetron
Link to GL Tron

Amagetron
screenshot_23.png

GL Tron
7-custom.png

Btw, did anyone contact the Wind&Water guys if they are interested in releasing it on the Pandora also?

Didn't get around actually buying it, since I sold my GP2X, but I would sure love to play it on the Pandora.

Can Carmageddon be ported?:D (car racing games just aren't fun without hitting pedestrians:p)

Sadly no. That's a shame, I'm a huge fan too.

Carmageddon is very slow on my Pentium 1 though, unless I minimise everything but then there is no texture, the viewdistance is of no more than 10 yards and the cars look like they escaped from Tetris (Hey, here is the barre from tetris ! Oh no, it's vlad's car). And I'm speaking of a fucking friggin' 100 Mhz Pentium 1 under MS-DOS 6.22, which is supposed to be like the rolls royce for DOS-based games ! So there is absolutly no chance it will be supported by dosbox.

Titcher said:
I'd be very happy if Jagged Alliance 2 was ported, that would be great, I'd say it's within specification too. Minimum:
Pentium 133 MHz, 32 MB RAM, Windows 95/98/NT4(SP3), SVGA video card, DirectX-compatible sound card, 4x CD-ROM drive, and 373 MB hard-disk space
And before anyone mentions no source code, there is source code available, you get it with the wildfire mod when you buy it, and it's free to use and release.
I'm hosting a port of Jagged Alliance 2 open source engine 'Stracciatella' for the tablets. Running great with touchscreen. You will find that playing games with a stylus is like crack. Way better than a mouse.

I beat Heretic 2 on my Amiga and believe me, while the game is very nice looking it's a really mediocre TPS. There is nothing really bad with it, but nothing good either, it just have a very.... generic feeling.

Released at about the same time, also on Amiga, Shogo MAD can be played as a TPS and is way better.

twlogo.png

Yeah teewars..
I never heard of it before until today. There is a review of the game over here. Basicly it's liero but this time with very nice graphics, good menus, lot's of servers and gameplay with mouse and keyboard. If that still does not ring a bell it can be discriibed as a 2d quake shooter with Nintendo style graphics (think kirby).. fun and addictive!
It's still very much in development, current version is 0.3.3

The game can imho be very good played with the two analog controllers.

Screenshots / Videos:
300_216663.jpg

YouTube Gameplay Video
More screenshots...

Homepage:
http://www.teewars.com/

Let me know what you think!

Cheers,
San

PS. Is there any information about compiling software for the pandora? I would like to port this game to the pandora!

a friend just got warzone2100 running on the N800 in software mode and it's quite fast in 640x480 software 3d (!!!). initial intro screens, panning etc ~10-12 fps.

This would be quite rockin on pandora.

Clad said:
Sadly no. That's a shame, I'm a huge fan too.

Carmageddon is very slow on my Pentium 1 though, unless I minimise everything but then there is no texture, the viewdistance is of no more than 10 yards and the cars look like they escaped from Tetris (Hey, here is the barre from tetris ! Oh no, it's vlad's car). And I'm speaking of a fucking friggin' 100 Mhz Pentium 1 under MS-DOS 6.22, which is supposed to be like the rolls royce for DOS-based games ! So there is absolutly no chance it will be supported by dosbox.
Carmageddon got ported to the Gizmondo and its a pretty decent port, though of course it was done internally by sci, though i don't see why any of you decent programmers couldn't do a port of 1 or 2 over time...

Back