Your pandora has been shipped

Wow, this crept up on me! I got my Pandora yesterday, but I have changed my email since the order so it was a complete surprise. Excellent.

I had to do the "sudo /etc/init.d/wl1251-init start" to start the WiFi search. Then all seems OK.

All plans for the weekend gone down in flames....

Wow, this crept up on me! I got my Pandora yesterday, but I have changed my email since the order so it was a complete surprise. Excellent.

I had to do the "sudo /etc/init.d/wl1251-init start" to start the WiFi search. Then all seems OK.

Glad you received your Pandora. Just curious, what number were you in the que????

Ordered just after midnight after the first day,

My queue position I got when I asked in May-ish last year was 900-1000,

Mine arrived this week.

Just thought folk might want to know.

Any blemishes I've noticed are pretty much negligible and had no problems with the buttons :) ))

I feel a bit guilty about having paid less than the amount it cost to manufacturer so will donate money over time to cover the rest of the costs (I can't afford to pay up an extra £100 now) and will likely donate to the dev fund too, I hope that's okay OPT ;)

So we're out of the first day now :)

My Pandora has shipped! I was getting close in the queue, but upgraded to premium anyway because I think the device is worth $500 and I'd really like to see a Pandora 2 someday. I hope you guys will consider it once this first one is all settled down.

I'll be sure to post a review, and hopefully some video, as soon as I receive it. I know how much it has helped me to see what others have posted during the wait.

Craig, could you pick a random order from the latest ones you've shipped and tell the order confirmation timestamp? I know it'd be a pain in the butt to find out exact queue positions, but would something like this be possible? It would give us an approximation on queue progress.
This is the only common piece of order information we can all relate to. I ordered end of March 2009. I would love to see people post here with their order dates so we can see this march on through 2008 and into 2009 and beyond.

I suspect the reason Craig is not doing this is because we would all read too much into the figures. And if someone has shipped a day or two out of order then the OPT would be fielding 100s of emails saying "Well I ordered before him, where's mine".

Still it's a simple request and one I'd love to see included in a weekly figures update.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my pandora yesterday. Everything that was promised is true. This machine is great ! I am not planning to write another review but I must say this thing is an emulation wonder. Great controls, great screen, (already) great software. Well worth the wait.

I was in queue position 3000 but my wife got me a premium upgrade for my birthday...

Hi Everyone,

Mine just arrived today (thanks UPS). I was a 2nd day orderer.

Christopher.

Christopher, Happyt, or anyone that received a Pandora lastly.

Could you let people know when your ordered ?

Chris, what do you mean by day 2 order? 2nd of October ? or 1st of October? (order started the 30th of Oct.)

From the email header I got,

From openpandorasales@gmail.com Thu Oct 2 00:15:18 2008
First I was thinking that I got this ordered at 02:15 AM, but thanks to the time diff. I am a bit even closer .. mhh ... for what Craig told with those 200 shipped this week, maybe maybe, I got this St-graal email this week ! Yooshhh !!

Regards

-- PandyLover --

Last estimate was around 1,150 to 1,250 and still no e-mail here. How many boards are they shipping per week? 30? Or are they shipping them monthly?

1100-1200 on the queue here, and no mail / no Pandora, neither.

I too am in the "estimated" 1150 - 1250 range and nada here also.. if memory serves correctly there were a few posters who reported receiving their units (1000+ from Craig's queue) over 2 weeks ago now, i am guessing that even when you factor in RMA's & Premium units there is another (CC shaped?) bottleneck somewhere along the line, if not shouldn't we be well into our queue range ballpark by now?

I posted this before:

Pandora arrived 17 January 2011 - 02:44 PM

order date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 17:46:17 +0100 (BST)

queue estimate: 1400 - 1600 -> 950 - 1050 -> 750 - 850 over the two years

I got mine on Monday, 850-950 in the queue. I'm underwhelmed, hopefully messing around with it more makes me change my mind...

Just finished getting back up to date after a month or so away, and BAM! an email appears in my inbox.

I'll have to double-check, but I'm pretty sure my order was from Oct 5, though that seems to be a large gap. I'll update this post when I find the original email.

EDIT: Nope, I was right. The email says 2008/10/05, though there's no real way to be sure, because I bought my order off of a former member about three months later.

EDIT2: I'm going to print that email onto some fancy paper and frame it.

Another 100 boards just arrived so things are going pretty quick this week.
That's great news. Have the 200 you were flashing this weekend shipped yet?

And I'm 900-1000 seeing as people are quoting order windows.

Another 100 boards just arrived so things are going pretty quick this week.
That's great news. Have the 200 you were flashing this weekend shipped yet?
As I just posted earlier, I received an email just a little while ago, so its reasonable safe to assume that they have either shipped or are in the process of shipping right now.

Back