Release Zaxxon Hotfix 6 - Beta 1 released!

Are you serious ed,s-video is good as hdmi then we really don't need it.

I'm using s-video and composite on side panel on he left,is that ok well the signal is coming ok with s-video but not composite,i connected scart adaptor with composite pors and it worked fine.

I tried vlc it comes with black screen,why is that keep on happening?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm using a Chimei monitor and the colors seem more vibrant with the TV-Out s-video than the Pandora screen itself. Is this how I know I have a good little flatscreen?

I'm using a Chimei monitor and the colors seem more vibrant with the TV-Out s-video than the Pandora screen itself. Is this how I know I have a good little flatscreen?

It's at least well calibrated for analogue inputs.

The most striking drawback of LCD/Plasma/DLP systems (projectors, flatscreens, the lot) is poor detail for example on interlaced signals. On an old CRT, the detail is crisp with good contrast - on modern displays it tends to be fuzzy and blurry as if the detail and saturation has taken a big hit. It's not that it can't be handled well - perfecly even. If you're feeling lucky, a good way to get a great screen is to keep an eye on professional equipment sales. If you pick up a professional flatscreen or projector they will usually have vastly superior scaling tech on board - but do some model reearch and choose wisely, they can be too expensive to repair or service. I picked up a Barco LCD projector that Sony had been using for their promotions, the image from a PS2 looked as good as CRT on it - it was around $40,000 new - used it cost about $700. Though it is a bit of a monster.

yes you are right asmo.

The crt monitor had better contrast than lcd screens,the lcd screens have less contrast and are bit blurry to crt monitors and that's why the pandora screens is good because it has pandora and crt option to choose from,i think having crt option is awesome and pandora screen is better than my lcd monitor.

Hmm, I downloaded "Zaxxon-HF6b1.zip" and extracted it on my SD card, it boots to it fine then says

u-boot is missing

uImage is missing

root filesystem is missing

And fails to update from HF6A4 to HF6B1

I've extracted the files twice, I thought Zip files have MD5 checks built in?

Edit: Redownloaded and copied the files to the SD card again, same problem.

Unfortunatly don't have a second card handy, but I've flashed with this card 5 times already, first time I've run into problems. I've also installed Debian on it (Partition 1), could that be it? The boot menu on the Pandora shows partition 3 (which of course is where I put the files)...

Hmm, same problem, from the verbose output it seems it can't mount the partition, must have been installing Debian on the card messed with something.

Hmm, I think I'll look for a 1 gb SD card somewhere, kinda a hassle to copy off and back on 30 gb of data...

Thanks for the help

Are you serious ed,s-video is good as hdmi then we really don't need it.

I'm using s-video and composite on side panel on he left,is that ok well the signal is coming ok with s-video but not composite,i connected scart adaptor with composite pors and it worked fine.

I tried vlc it comes with black screen,why is that keep on happening?

I have to say Svideo with PAL mode looks pretty good with my projector(beamer).. Color and quality wise.. I'd say if you compare HDMI and the svideo when outputting the same resolution would be very close. Now this observation was on my HD projector.. I have a 36" CRT that looks absolutely horrid with the svideo.. mostly because the pixels are so big you can count them if you got close to the screen.

Just installed the new hotfix and currently testing out some stuff. Installation was a breeze, like always.

Found a bug. I notice that sometimes when I remove my SD card, then put it back in, all the PNDs on it are incorrectly categorized, showing up as "Other" when they're normally listed properly. I haven't tried launching them. Resetting fixes this.

i got the same issue but i just removed the sd card and out it back in and it fixed it

That's why this is a Beta, though. And upon further inspection, yes, removing/reinserting the card fixes it. The PND even launches properly.

Never seen such a thing; did you only see categories being scrambled in this new hotfix, but never before? Which was your last hotfix?

ie: we can trace recent changes and see which introduced the issue.. or did you see it before?

(We had a few recent patches..)

jeff

Just one quick info:

I just fixed that annoying screen blanking when you set the time (both in first-run-wizard as well as when using the date-settings-dialogue).

I also added and tested a new configuration option in the LCD-Settings: Enable / Disable automatic screen blanking.

Will be included in the next Hotfix beta :)

Back