Zomb''d Development Page.

Yeah, the scale here looks better suited to point-and-click than any kind of jumping and slaughtering.
There's just not that much room to jump.

Last edited by a moderator:
'Mr.Gonzo' said:
2r4rebc.png
I like the eye design on the right better. The eyes are surrounded with a black outline. Currently, it looks like the pupils are popping out of the eyes.

'Mr.Gonzo' said:
hahahaha That would actually be an AWESOME idea!
As an unlockable mini game when you finish the Game , The Hero Dude Becomes highly popular and gets to do some Survival against hot girls in an awesome Pillow fight with fortresses n shit.

It would start with the obvious: MISSION START but followed with girls screaming like if they just saw Justin Timberlake

Man this forum is so inspiring :p
Make it happen! :lol:

You could even tie it into the story as a dream sequence, showing that everything has settled down. At the very end the hot girls swarm him and start kissing him all over...then he wakes up to find his dog licking his face. :p

'PoisonedV' said:
'Mr.Gonzo' said:
@PoisonedV:
Ahah Confused with this?
CODE
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_nIG6RE1MTDg/SV6Eu3gvcVI/AAAAAAAAABY/J979zTUN068/s1600-h/PIXECOUPLE.png

Yes the pixels are going to be huge, but the engine wont be pixelX4 oriented or Tile Oriented.
Modern engine with OLD retro graphics.
@gruso:
Originaly yes (last discussion i had with him was a long time ago and was about changing the Graphics to Vectors instead of pixels) and jsmtux started working independently on an engine of his own. ( that i heard was well organized so multiple coders could work on it. )
Gotta love Open Projects ^^.

i meant 4x as in quadrupled pixels. Well, it just didnt seem to be with pixels quadrupled like that on an already relatively small screen, theres very much room for strategic gameplay that isnt just buttonmashing. at that size the character would take up more about half the screen and leaves very little room for actual playing

I think you have a point, but I still think it can be a very playable game. It looks like jumping isn't going to be a big part of it, more moving stuff around. And everyone likes a bit of buttonmashing violent simplicity (with a keyboard?) - remember the original doom games? So addictive...

Here is our little quadrupled dude in the Pandora's 800x480 rez.
That leaves us mucho space to work with.
ojf0ht.png

sure it will look smaller on the panda but still gonna look like X3 or X2.
BUT will obviously look like X4 on the PC version if not bigger!

The cheap keyboard in the beginning will instantly break.
but then as a secret weapon he could find an IBM one in the coders area and comment on how solid they are.
It would be the same sprite though... just a different color . hehe.

I can see some good coder humor coming from iprice since im pretty sure he will be part of the idea side and not just coding hehe.

I put that image on my 605 (same screen) and from a playing distance, I can still easily see all of the giant pixels, it looks great, and it really want to play it now...

'cb88' said:
perhaps some suttle things.... Toasters with Linux written on the side etc

Anti PSP/NDS propaganda? You could have them get infected first.

1: grab a mous by the cord
2: spin the mouse in circles
3: when it's spinning fest enough, let it fly
4: ???
5: profit!

anyhoo, the art style is great, but I agree with the notion that the eyes look better with just one pixel for the iris

As soon as you said that, I immediately pictured a cubicle off by itself, above it a sign that says "REGGIE" and the coder being a zombie but still sitting there...if you are talking about the same Bob

Macintosh Classic as a close range weapon. It's got a handle and everything. Perfect for beating on the undead.

Also; power bar flail. Later you could even upgrade it to a desktop printer flail. :eek:

In the maintenance room there could be an air compressor that you can use to shoot pens and pencils as a long range, but highly ineffective weapon. If you aim it right you can pin their feet to the floor and then they fall over.

...and of course you'll need to have a hammer, so you can go Oldboy on their undead asses.

inspiration (http://sdf.lonestar.org/index.cgi?tour/2009/index)

thats one of the early host systems for the super dimension fortress aka SDF.lonestar.org

also one of the most awesome computers ever built (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BeBox) << notice the dual processor usage monitor
LED strips along the front "das blinkenlights"

"One for all taste!"

Ha, let's just settle for the top few most popular 'tastes'
We really don't want to get into 'all' of them. :ph34r:

Yeah, I don't know what that's supposed to be.
It's labelled "phe4r", so I guess it's a guy hiding under a blanket or something??
But it also looks like a ninja.

No, maybe it's a guy looking through the slot in a door, to make sure it's not the police asking about his illegal ROM downloading.

We should start a thread to figure this out.

Back