24 - Day 5

spray

PSP pwner
Website
Visit site
24 Season Five kicked off in the states last night, which of course means that anybody who wants to watch the new season can.

I've just finished watching the first of sunday night's double bill, awesome so far.

On a side note, thanks to the wonders of HDTV i was able to watch it at a kickass 960x544 resolution!

24 Season Five kicked off in the states last night, which of course means that anybody who wants to watch the new season can.

I've just finished watching the first of sunday night's double bill, awesome so far.

On a side note, thanks to the wonders of HDTV i was able to watch it at a kickass 960x544 resolution!
Same.

Last edited by a moderator:
It lost the magic after it moved to Sky One and had adverts in it.

How can our hero, Jack Bauer, save the day with fucking adverts every 5 minutes? It's like Lost, it doesn't even get past the intro before it goes to an advert break.

It lost the magic after it moved to Sky One and had adverts in it.

How can our hero, Jack Bauer, save the day with fucking adverts every 5 minutes? It's like Lost, it doesn't even get past the intro before it goes to an advert break.
I think 24 is only watchable if you have the DVDs.

i think that warezing it up, or via tivo or somesuch, is the best way to watch 24.

i really enjoy spending a week mulling over the previous episode.

the nature of the show means that for each season i find myself remembering the overall arch and a few of the more exciting jump up and down scenes (e.g. the return of tony, the huge battle to capture the bio weapons man etc) but not the smaller story lines that form the whole thing.

when i've rewatched previous seasons on dvd over a few days you don't get the same enjoyment from the show as these minor storylines slip into (unnecassary) insignificance.

24 day 5?

Poor bloke's had a hell of a week.

I bet he can't wait to get to the end of the series and slope of for a nice pint and the crossword.

I'm gonna try and get hold of the first day somehow, see whether i like it. Lol at BBC trying to copy it with spooks.

I'm gonna try and get hold of the first day somehow, see whether i like it. Lol at BBC trying to copy it with spooks.

short answer:
shut up

long answer: how were the bbc trying to copy it?

there are hundreds of secret agent/soldier/dramas out there, the defining format of 24 is the "real time" aspect

spooks was in no way a copy of 24

at worst you could criticise it by saying that the BBC were just cashing in on a liked genre (secret agent stylee) rather than pushing the boundaries.

I think it tries to hard to be 24 but just isn't as daring or creative. It has hints of 24 hidden in some shots and subtexts, and it just seemed too much of the same thing to warrant my attention.

But, i suppose i shouldn't make accusations like that seeing as i have only watched the first episode of each (and the last episode of the 1st series of spooks). :p

you can't make accusations like that when you also state that you've seen in total three episodes of both

Sorry.

But, like I said, i'm willing to give 24 a shot. Spooks also, if anyone can reccomend that

Bump!

Just wanted to announce that the new series of 24 starts in february on Sky One.

Back