Getting A Little Concerned

Each pandora is constructed by a member of the English royal family on the thigh of an argentinian virgin, the virgin is then sacrificed to the sun god Ra at a secret ceremony at stonehenge on the solar equinox. These things take time to organize. You do want quality dont you?

edit: None of the above will stop the LCD ribbon cable from malfunctioning, the nubs requiring constant recalibration or the case from cracking. But its nice to know they are going to some effort right?

DixieDawg said:
I'm 300-350 in Craig's and i haven't heard anything.
Meh, this number is not useful to anyone, really.

DixieDawg said:
i ordered within first 30 minutes of pre-orders.
Ahah! Something useful that can actually be compared!
According to the poll, they're well into the second hour of preorders, about 1:40 or so. I do not say this lightly, but it may well be in your best interest to contact them (openpandorasales@gmail.com) and ask what's up. Get all your facts together first: your order number, the exact time (UTC preferably) that you received your confirmation email, the time you got your second confirmation email after the banking fiasco, all that jazz.

Last edited by a moderator:
Korlithiel said:
I was estimated at 450-550 and I had mine last week, had to ship it back due to dead nubs :( .

haven't they told us this problem was fixed?

my second interrogation:
some people have not received their pandora and they are at the 400th place.
even if the process will speed up, do you really think it is possible to receive the pandora in october(in 3.5 months) if we are in the 3500-4000 in queue?

ahahah said:
Korlithiel said:
I was estimated at 450-550 and I had mine last week, had to ship it back due to dead nubs :( .

haven't they told us this problem was fixed?
The source of the problem is supposed to be fixed, A fairly high proportion of the first 650 had bad nubs, so probably a few slipped through the checks.

Think yourselves lucky. I'm somewhere between 2000 and 2100. Perhaps it'll come in time for this Christmas. Truth be told, with all these shiny iDevices to play with, I'm starting to lose interest. Hopefully that'll change when I receive my shipping email sometime in the baking summer of 2015.

I haven't really been keeping up with the latest news, what's the best current guess for a 650-750 pandora? 17:40 UTC order, day of. (Sources please) From what I know I could get it in the middle of August. I'm really starting to skirt the line between "I can't wait" and "I can't wait."

700-800 in queue, not expecting to see it for atleast 2 more months.

Getting kind of apathetic. I preordered it nearly 2 years ago now, within the first hour after preorders went up and I still don't have it - even though mass production started about 2 months ago. If my order is taking this long as one of the most dedicated preorderees, it spells doom for proper development and furthering of the unit for people further up in the queue or second batch. It seems like development will always be stuck like a campfire with only 1 smoldering well-burnt log on it, getting fed a handful of kindle before it goes out each time.

If the money actually mattered to me I would probably be cancelling my order, but I know that the $400 I spent preordering it won't really buy me anything I don't already have anyways. It's just a bit of a letdown.

I've not asked OP where I am in the queue.

I ordered 16:34 UTC on the 30th of September 2008, no sign of a Pandora yet. The way things are going that probably puts me just outside the first 1000 anyway (taking into account EDs orders).

I think there are two lists: one in the UK (Craig) and one in Germany (ED). So if there were 600 Pandora's build so far and 250 of them were sent to Germany, then this clarifies that I am still waiting (350-450 Craig's list).

Two lists appears to be what is happening. IIRC it was said at the beginning that all lists would be merged into one and recently one of the devs (ED I think) said that they only have one list and that is what they are working too.

None of that would matter if the Pandoras were flying out of the factory, but they aren't. So we are all getting concerned and reviewing what 'dead lines' we may have set..again.

I asked a few weeks ago and I am 450-550. These seem pretty random estimates though, TBH, as I haven't heard a dicky bird and neither have many other people. I am kind of worried, you would think that their estimates would be a little more accurate, since some people who are told they are further up in the queue have already got theirs while some people who ordered before me have not.

I haven't had the 2nd batch order email either, and that worries me too... maybe they lost my email address or sent my pandora elsewhere! I also should be within the first 1000, as I am before 750 in craigs list (and was actually told I would definitely be within the first 1000 when I emailed), but I am beginning to doubt that too.

If what the news says is true, my delivery email should come this week. I am probably just being paranoid, but I am not setting my hopes too high on actually getting that email any time soon. Just sitting here with fingers crossed.

The best explanation of my feelings on the matter are here: http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/55043-will-production-ever-step-up-a-gear/page__view__findpost__p__887364

I'm 400-500 in the queue and was told a month ago to expect shipping email in 1-2 weeks (jun 18 - jul 2). IMO they had some serious quality issues with boards and/or nubs that started to show up about then and they decided to retrench and wait for new boards with the quality issues fixed. Boards are supposed to arrive this week so I'm crossing my fingers that the 1-2 week estimate from a month ago is once again in place.

I'd like to contrast the optimism presented by some of the commenters in this thread with the current lot of "where my Pandora/how's production going" threads. The mood on the forums regarding production pace seemed to have changed.

I'm cheering for the Pandora team. But as a small outfit, they are going to be plagued with lead-time and/or getting vendors to do what they said they would do type problems... so things may take a few months still. I'm going to go back to quietly lurking on the forums, which I beleive makes up the majority of Pandora followers. Knowing my queue number or other production details is a recipe for disappointment. Nothing I can do will make things move along any faster, and I have no choice but to wait as there is 1.) no other device that fills the Pandora's niche, and 2.) if there was, it would probably cost a good deal more.

Korlithiel said:
did you vote?

http://www.gp32x.de/board/index.php?/topic/54432-got-your-pandora-tell-us-your-order-date/

Back