why are we talking about a 2nd batch?

My spot in the first batch was @ 800 to 900. I may be mistaken (God knows I hope I am), but the OPT wouldn't be talking about a second batch unless the first was finished or close to finished.

I made a post on the last forum that calmed my nerves.. people in the 500 to 600 area didn't have theirs yet either.

But now that the second batch is being talked about I'm worrying again. To add to the worry, my mail server fell to a DDoS attack and I had to take it out of the rack (on a side note, if I can get a mod to get with me to assist with changing my e-mail address, I would appreciate it) so I can't get any emails.

Where is everyone in their queue and do you have a pandora yet?

Because people have paid for second batch Pandas! :ph34r:

Nice bump(s).

11614bump.jpg

SONY, cool it with the inappropriate images, this isnt foar-chann

You know, I'd be ok with it if either the bewbs or the thread were actually worth looking at again...

My spot in the first batch was @ 800 to 900. I may be mistaken (God knows I hope I am), but the OPT wouldn't be talking about a second batch unless the first was finished or close to finished.

The two batches are really only differentiates by the fact that there were a certain number of orders originally offered in order to make the Pandora project feasible. Second-batch orders came later, when OP reached a somewhat more certain stage. There is no difference between the units (save for a pretty sticker), and for all intents and purposes there is no 'second batch' of units, only orders for this reason.

I just got an e-mail stating my queue number has changed from 800-900 to 1100-1200, she may have low-balled the estimate accidentally. She's estimating about 3 to 4 weeks for delivery. So I feel better now. See everyone in about a month to dread over it again. :D

Order numbers are quite useless, as the numbers have changed a lot with people cancelling or going premium. A much better indication of how far away you are is the time of your order.

I am under the impression there's still 500 boards to build Pandora's old-style.

then real mass production begins. (with probable delay first)

That depends on what you mean by 'real mass production'. There will never be some massive machine pumping out Pandoras. They currently are and probably always will be assembled by hand. CC produces the boards, and some other company produces the LCD cables, which are then sent to OP, who assemble them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got an e-mail stating my queue number has changed from 800-900 to 1100-1200, she may have low-balled the estimate accidentally. She's estimating about 3 to 4 weeks for delivery. So I feel better now. See everyone in about a month to dread over it again. :D

Order numbers are quite useless, as the numbers have changed a lot with people cancelling or going premium. A much better indication of how far away you are is the time of your order.
Were Premiums even available when that post was made, though? :blink:

Were Premiums even available when that post was made, though? :blink:
Erp, no. I just saw an active thread that didn't look familiar. I really should check my dates.

Back