Release 3.2 kernel issue tracking thread

But when using it the screen fades to black and that's it (3.2) or the Pandora freezes (2.6.).
IIRC 2.6.27 did not have functional kexec on OMAP and it seems it's broken on 3.2 too:

Code:
[87434.882110] Starting new kernel

[87434.885437] Bye!

..and no more output. Hopefully it will be fixed on next major kernel update (I'll be probably using 3.6 when it's out).

The new kernel makes usb port unusable on non-wifi units + Slackware.

Works with Zaxxon.

Do you want me to report any logs ?
At least dmesg, lsmod and lsusb would be good.

Last edited by a moderator:
After some digging, i found that the rtl dongle works if inserted after a usb key (which works fine).

All logs here are after inserting the dongle only.

The syslog, which keeps more history, includes:

A try with much usb errors

A try with usb key then working dongle

A try with only dongle but not that much errors.

Attachments

• dmesg.txt
    14.8 KB · Views: 138
  • lsusb.txt
    126 bytes · Views: 138
  • messages.txt
    33 KB · Views: 163
  • syslog.txt
    6.4 MB · Views: 137
Well it has dspbringe included (instead dsplink), klaxon said it can be used too.

If anyone want to try DSP with dspbridge : http://elinux.org/BeagleBoard/gst-dsp
Did anyone try this (successfully) ?

I compiled gst-dsp and installed everything I needed, but I didn't manage to play a video using the DSP.

I compiled some programs for the DSP using the framework on this page and they worked correctly. The framework uses dspbridge and the same BIOS for DSP as gst-dsp, so the problem seems to be somewhere else, but I have no idea where.

I compiled some programs for the DSP using the framework on this page and they worked correctly. The framework uses dspbridge and the same BIOS for DSP as gst-dsp, so the problem seems to be somewhere else, but I have no idea where.
I tried a different set of samples and couldn't get them to work. Changes in the DSP Bridge driver made them partially incompatible but I hadn't managed to fix them. If this framework work out of the box, I may give some samples a try. Just getting a simple echo server running will be a huge step in the right direction.

The framework contains a minor bug - in file dummy_dsp.c on line 103 change BCACHE_wb to BCACHE_wbInv to fix it.

I finally managed to successfully play a video using DSP.

I had to compile omapfb plugin for gstreamer from the gst-dsp page (the existing omapfb plugin on pandora didn't work).

I also had to find out the correct gstreamer pipeline - I never used gstreamer before, so it wasn't easy.

This is the command I used:

Code:
gst-launch filesrc location=./big_buck_bunny_480p_surround-fix.avi ! avidemux name=demux demux.video_00 ! queue ! dspvdec ! omapfbsink demux.audio_00 ! queue ! ffdec_ac3 ! audioconvert ! osssink

The video is the 854x480 MP4 version of the movie from this page.

Great! Congratulations. Now release a mediaplayer, that brings dsp playback to the masses :)

Is this with dspbridge on the 3.2 Kernel? Are any modifications to the os needed?

Great! Congratulations. Now release a mediaplayer, that brings dsp playback to the masses :)
Thanks.

I can try, but success is not guaranteed.

Is this with dspbridge on the 3.2 Kernel? Are any modifications to the os needed?
Yes.

BIOS and codecs for DSP from TI, gstreamer plugins gst-dsp and gst-omapfb, then load the dspbridge module with the BIOS image and that's it.

mplayer uses gstreamer, no? Should be "simple" to just tell it to use the gst-dsp plugin perhaps? I'm not in a position to try myself right now, unfortunately.

No, it doesn't. Totem uses Gstreamer, but it depends on Gnome. There's Parole, which uses Gstreamer and works with Xfce, but it's segfaulting. There are some simple players (written in Python) which use Gstreamer - I'll have to see if I can get them to work (with DSP).

I'm not sure if this is on anyone's radar, so I thought I'd mention it here. Gamepads/Game Controllers don't seem to work with the new kernel. No matter what I do, I cannot get any of mine recognized. They all work great when booting to the old kernel, but not with the new. I have tried several firmwares, including SuperZaxxon Final, with the same results. Keyboards and mice work just fine, but not controllers.

Is there any way to bring gamepad/game controller support to the new kernel?

Back