A Couple Of Questions

Votkrath

Still Fresh
Hello!

Just became a member on this forum since I realized how a great product the Pandora is, even if I don't own one. (Yet!)

And there is some stuff I need to get answers on, some of them are quite noobish but I hope you got indulgence over this.

1. Is there a pic of the Pandora power adapter? (Wanna check if I need something to plug it into before going into the hole in the wall.

2. I saw an old thread regarding pre-orders with some countries that aren't listed. Is Sweden listed? If Sweden is listed, what is the shipping cost?

3. Do you need anything else than the Pandora and a SD card to get started.

4. The new batch that is said to be taken pre-orders to is in December. And I'm wondering how many are you planning to ship? I don't won't an exact number nor a serious estimate. I just want to know if will be more than the first batch and if it will be, will it be a lot more or just a few?

5. What's the difference between the batches?

Best Regards,
Votkrath

Welcome!
1. Is there a pic of the Pandora power adapter? (Wanna check if I need something to plug it into before going into the hole in the wall.
No pictures yet.
2. I saw an old thread regarding pre-orders with some countries that aren't listed. Is Sweden listed? If Sweden is listed, what is the shipping cost?
You should be able to buy from one of the two european distributors, not sure of exact cost (an educated guess based on other numbers I saw, £10-£15?). There might even be more distributors for the second batch.
3. Do you need anything else than the Pandora and a SD card to get started.
No. You might like the TV out cable.
4. The new batch that is said to be taken pre-orders to is in December. And I'm wondering how many are you planning to ship? I don't won't an exact number nor a serious estimate. I just want to know if will be more than the first batch and if it will be, will it be a lot more or just a few?
This hasn't been declared yet.

Okay, thank you very much.

Btw, does it really look like this around the screen?:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwuI6_zCjxY

To be honest it looks like some sofa from the 70s. - I got bad sense of taste thought.

Last edited by a moderator:
5. There will be no difference between the batches, barring any unforeseen fixes required once the first batch has been in the wild for a bit. There won't be any change to features or specs though.

[edit] To answer your question above, that's just a developer kit, the final version will look like a nice finished product. :) This render is the closest thing we have to reality for now: http://www.openpandora.org/bigone.jpg

Votkrath said:
Btw, does it really look like this around the screen?:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwuI6_zCjxY

That's a video of a prototype. The actual production cases haven't been made yet, but they'll definitely be a lot better-looking.

How will it be when ordering when it's possible? Do I just go onto the order site and pick one of the two EU distributors/stores and pre-order it from one of them? And do the distributors get shared amount of devices or do they get their own share/stock of them?

Votkrath said:
How will it be when ordering when it's possible?
Sign up for the newsletter on openpandora.org. You'll get a newsletter with instructions sometime before they open up.

Back