A further update on preorders (18th of November 2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Delay is putting it mildly. He's like a gazillion dollars in debt and not bringing in an income from Pandora....I don't see how that can be overcome unless he wins a lottery or some soul drops a sack of cash i his lap.

That's a bit crazy to look at laying any action against someone when you have not even asked for a refund yet. If you don't want to wait anymore , ask for a refund and give it 6 months, then take it from there. After all, Craig has not said he is not refunding people anymore, just that there is now a delay due to his financial circumstances.

I thought he said before he would get his tax break in september/october and be able to fund stuff again (be it refund or new pandoras) ?

Apparently he is doing neither (ED has not been paid for the free Pandoras he provided, it seems) - and several people who asked for refunds are still waiting. If he indeed get his tax break what did he do with it ?

Is he going to use the ICP2 money just like he used the 1Ghz pre-order money to pay back for refunds? Seriously, who trusts him anymore?

I fear from this latest flare up, more people have asked for refunds making the situation even worse.

I fear from this latest flare up, more people have asked for refunds making the situation even worse.

I can't say I haven't been tempted. On the other hand, you would think people would be reluctant to do business with him in any venture he set forth in. If he sat down and planned out some great gadget, no one would invest in it if they saw this story.

Thank you. IMHO you should wait until preorder list becomes valid, and give it to some which is.... most hurt. There are at least few guys who paid, then paid for upgrade, donated by side, supported iCP2... and get nothing in return. (I'm not one of those). Bad luck I suppose.
Thank you very much anyway!
Well, I won't hold my breath on a pre-order list appearing in our life time. ;)

But! My little black Pandy has now been sent off into the wild to the open arms of a new owner. :) May they receive it in one piece.

I wish I could help more but unfortunately I only have the one spare Pandora (and I'm terribly sorry but I can't part with my remaining one - my preciousss).

Maybe other members with spare Pandoras could so the same? It's just an idea I suppose.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm thinking about launching a class action suit against Craig, I'm going to be meeting a lawyer I know.
Well, now, what a class act you are, eh? The only thing that can be achieved here is that everybody loses the chance of a refund or getting a Pandora. Oh and maybe Craig losing his assets like his house (depending on how well he has separated himself from OPT Ltd).

Given that you're saying 'my lawyer buddy', I'm guessing you're not in the UK and any advice your mate gives you will be inapplicable in the UK. Which also makes you an idiot.

Delay is putting it mildly. He's like a gazillion dollars in debt and not bringing in an income from Pandora....I don't see how that can be overcome unless he wins a lottery or some soul drops a sack of cash i his lap.

ED offered craig drop shipping. Craig sells a pandora but the order goes to evildragon. He will take the money needed to produce a pandora (ca. 50%-60% of its price). The other half of the money is going to craig, so he can pay refunds or buy the remaining 1 ghz preorders from ED. Not sure when craig will set it up (or if the new website is counting as dropshipping).

I don't see how that can be overcome unless he wins a lottery or some soul drops a sack of cash i his lap.

Don't forget that the ICP 2 should be selling soon... and though he can't use any of the money from the kickstarter, once it's established he should be making his own profits.

I'm pressuming it's the ICP1 that kept him afloat this long. And thankfully it's still a big market (and seemingly a good product - I know I'll buy one once it's on sale).

Craig's company that dealt with the Pandora is a different one from the ICP, it was (afaik) set up specifically for the Pandora. It is an entity all on its own, you can sue it to the ends of the earth, and if it doesn't have any money all you are doing is bringing about its bankruptcy and cost yourself money.

If it doesn't have the money to refund you, it doesn't have it.

Causing the company into administration might make you feel better, until you realise that it's cost you even more money than you handed over for your Pandora to do it. But other than that it would be completely pointless.

...&, man like me would never ever ever get our Pandora :(

As it is, I don't expect I will get it for at least another year, being the back end of the original 4000 pre-orders, but you never know, if iCP2 sells well, Craig might get back on his feet with some profit and he might put some of that profit into getting Pandora back orders moving again.

That is what I hope will outcome.

Even if it is looong ahead, I still hope to one day get a Pandora.

Hi Craigix,

I ordered the 1GHz on 12/16/2012 on Ithic.com LLC and got it yesterday 12/18/2012. Even though I've never heard of Openpandora before and never used Linux in my entire life, I love the unit very much and will try to learn Linux now :) I am a gamer and love the story how OpenPadora story. That alone made me bought the unit. All the stuff you guys put on it is exactly what I've been wanting :lol:

One question I have is that I saw on Youtube that the unit comes with a wooden box but my unit didn't have one. Not that it matter, but is it possible some how for me to get the box and perhaps you guys can sign it too? I'm a gamer but also a game collector too :eek:

The wooden box was only for the GHz preorder units afaik.

Effectively that works out to the tune of $240,000 more or less... :blink: That's a lot of zeros involved for a handshake business deal with sketchy details.

Of course, I'm making up those numbers in pure speculation - but I'm betting I'm in the right ballpark.
800 was the number Ed mentioned and $300 is a bit on the low side, so $250k would be a good estimate (not just a guess).

How would Craig's company pay for those? Or is it just understood that these preorder liabilities apply to Ed's store as well? I guess his promotion work could generate enough sales and upgrades, but it wouldn't be clear which sales he generated and which would have purchased anyway. It looks like Ed is bending over backwards to save Openpandors Ltd. UK

Selling a handful of units a day means the last preorderers will still be waiting next Christmas. I noticed that the Ubuntu on Android videos got about 200k views each. Maybe pushing the Android gaming capabilities is the best way to sell units and shorten the preorder saga?

Selling a handful of units a day means the last preorderers will still be waiting next Christmas. I noticed that the Ubuntu on Android videos got about 200k views each. Maybe pushing the Android gaming capabilities is the best way to sell units and shorten the preorder saga?

Yes and a big christmas sale. Its a few days, comeone ED and Craig. Make a special christmas offer, I think you will sell more then a few :) .

They can't do a sale while there is people waiting on orders at the normal price. It would result in mass refund requests.

...&, man like me would never ever ever get our Pandora :(

As it is, I don't expect I will get it for at least another year, being the back end of the original 4000 pre-orders, but you never know, if iCP2 sells well, Craig might get back on his feet with some profit and he might put some of that profit into getting Pandora back orders moving again.

That is what I hope will outcome.

Even if it is looong ahead, I still hope to one day get a Pandora.
Why don't you guys order it from Ithic.com. They are very good and ship it to you in a blast.

Why don't you guys order it from Ithic.com. They are very good and ship it to you in a blast.

Well for one Ithic.com didn't exist when they pre-ordered.. some of these people pre-ordered way back in 2008 and still haven't got their units.. But since your new here you most likely haven't heard the horror stories of Manufacturing delays, how production was moved to Germany and so forth..

You know what really sucks as I watch the video's of the new 1ghz Pandora that can be ordered from Ed's store and ships almost IMMEDIATELY as he has them in stock is 2 things,

1. I don't have a option even though people say I do, Cancel and reorder through Ed? this is a bad deal cause I don't have $800.00 USD just lying around.

2. It would be so nice if CraigX just apologized for mismanagement/ misappropriation of my money and yes I mean MY money ya know the 800.00 to some black hole? I guess I should be happy he is not blaming everyone "right now" personal integrity = 0 lol I am sure that 90+ % of the people that order through him/are waiting for a refund would feel a hell of a lot better if he did that. people mess up and I as a human understand that, being almost 31 yeas old and a member of the military I accept personal accountability on everything I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back