A further update on preorders (18th of November 2012)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can cross upgrade at ED for 375€ and get a pandora right now.

yeah as Trashy said, back some years when I ordered there were 2 options; buy from Ed in Germany or buy from Craig in UK.

As I live in England, I thought Craig would be the obvious choice.

Perhaps sometime in 2013 I will be able to shell out another €300 and do the cross update order thing, but if I done that now my missus would bury me :)

I've developed very good patients skills here, so happy to wait..

I've done a few little donations in recent months too, to assist in the slow clearing of backlog pre orders, but that's just little bits.

I'm ok waiting though, I'm not one to post digs at anyone, including Craig, I understand things just went awry - if that's the word - unfortunate chain of events.

I'm glad Craig hasn't abandoned project altogether, which he hasn't I dont believe, since he is still working on the new website and I assume generated some new sales ones he has time - post iCP2 shipping no doubt

yeah as Trashy said, back some years when I ordered there were 2 options; buy from Ed in Germany or buy from Craig in UK.

Perhaps sometime in 2013 I will be able to shell out another €300 and do the cross update order thing, but if I done that now my missus would bury me :)

I've done a few little donations in recent months too, to assist in the slow clearing of backlog pre orders, but that's just little bits.

I'm ok waiting though, I'm not one to post digs at anyone, including Craig, I understand things just went awry - if that's the word - unfortunate chain of events.

I'm glad Craig hasn't abandoned project altogether, which he hasn't I dont believe, since he is still working on the new website and I assume generated some new sales ones he has time - post iCP2 shipping no doubt

I'm not digging at him, just want him to say sorry and accept accountability, im sure if your isp/phone company power company insurance company did something similar you would be pissed off. i am upset but would be happy with im sorry i messed up instead of blaming everyone and there brothers for misjudgement on his part.

Selling a handful of units a day means the last preorderers will still be waiting next Christmas. I noticed that the Ubuntu on Android videos got about 200k views each. Maybe pushing the Android gaming capabilities is the best way to sell units and shorten the preorder saga?

Yes and a big christmas sale. Its a few days, comeone ED and Craig. Make a special christmas offer, I think you will sell more then a few :) .
They can't do a sale while there is people waiting on orders at the normal price. It would result in mass refund requests.

That would be a bit awkward - not that any of this isn't.

If they hypothetically put the 1Ghz Pandora on sale for $600 instead of $700, all of those currently waiting who paid $700 (or much more in some cases) would be triple out.

If they shipped those old queue units with a gift card (store credit) at Craig's shop for the difference, that might work - but then it's costing Craig more something per unit sold in the end.

This business of Craig selling the 1Ghz Pandoras at full retail then waiting for Ed to supply them to him for free is all weird to me. I have no idea how a relationship like that works.

i am upset but would be happy with im sorry i messed up instead of blaming everyone and there brothers for misjudgement on his part.
THEIR brothers. Please learn the difference between "there" and "their" and "they're". Please. For fuck's sake. It is not that hard.

i am upset but would be happy with im sorry i messed up instead of blaming everyone and there brothers for misjudgement on his part.
THEIR brothers. Please learn the difference between "there" and "their" and "they're". Please. For fuck's sake. It is not that hard.

Yes cause a grammar lesson was exactly what I was looking for, I'm glad you could help me find that here.

Klapes.. Please don't bother.. You're getting upset over nothing that concerns you. It's not like everyone speaks english natively here either.

Klapes.. Please don't bother.. You're getting upset over nothing that concerns you. It's not like everyone speaks english natively here either.
I'm not a native English speaker, and it annoys me to no end when people expect me to spend my time deciphering their comments on something. In my opinion, people should be allowed to complain about this behavior.

Why don't you guys order it from Ithic.com. They are very good and ship it to you in a blast.

Well for one Ithic.com didn't exist when they pre-ordered.. some of these people pre-ordered way back in 2008 and still haven't got their units.. But since your new here you most likely haven't heard the horror stories of Manufacturing delays, how production was moved to Germany and so forth..
Ahaha! So that was why people have been crying about! Thanks! Luckily I'm not one of the unlucky folks.

Perhaps sometime in 2013 I will be able to shell out another €300 and do the cross update order thing, but if I done that now my missus would bury me :)/>

I'm not digging at him, just want him to say sorry and accept accountability, im sure if your isp/phone company power company insurance company did something similar you would be pissed off. i am upset but would be happy with im sorry i messed up instead of blaming everyone and there brothers for misjudgement on his part.

Just to clarify, when I wrote this above, it was a response to what tieuphong commented on a page back, about ordering from ithic.com

...I should've included the quote perhaps.

I wasn't responding to your comment which was imbetween. I was just saying that I wasn't digging at Craig, and was not implying that you were.

ED just confirmed my (sort-of-cross-) upgrade has left the building!

So, one unit less in Craig's queue.

This bugs me too ;)

duty_calls.png

I sold all my mainstream video game stuff to get the money to buy this damn thing and i have barely touched a game in 4 years. thanks for ruining this for me OP. video games, open source, entrepreneurship, computers. i will never trust anything like this ever again. i dont care who craig is, or what part of the pyramid ripped me off, openpandora took my money. i would gladly jump on a class action lawsuit at this point, especially if it exposed some sort of international business fraud.

and as far as not getting any money by suing craigs company thats a load of bs. he has a house and a car and money invested in OP and ICP and all the product tied to his shop etc. etc. and generally lawyers will take a percentage of the money paid from the lawsuit and wont take the case unless they believe they will win.

Last edited by a moderator:
I sold all my mainstream video game stuff to get the money to buy this damn thing and i have barely touched a game in 4 years. thanks for ruining this for me OP. video games, open source, entrepreneurship, computers. i will never trust anything like this ever again. i dont care who craig is, or what part of the pyramid ripped me off, openpandora took my money. i would gladly jump on a class action lawsuit at this point, especially if it exposed some sort of international business fraud.

and as far as not getting any money by suing craigs company thats a load of bs. he has a house and a car and money invested in OP and ICP and all the product tied to his shop etc. etc. and generally lawyers will take a percentage of the money paid from the lawsuit and wont take the case unless they believe they will win.

Please look up "Limited liability corporation". If you sue, you will get nothing but a lawyers bill, and then neither will anyone else still stuck in the que.

Please look up "Limited liability corporation". If you sue, you will get nothing but a lawyers bill, and then neither will anyone else still stuck in the que.
Agree, this is the whole reason to incorporate, to take your liability away personally. The liability lies with the corporation, and if they are broke financially, leaves only the burden on whatever assets remain with the LLC. My guess is the LTD in the UK acts the same way or very similar as the laws in the US are primarily based on UK historic precedents.

I am so glad that some people could play down the importance of my message because of grammar. you obviously all got it otherwise you wouldn't have commented about it!

I am so glad that some people could play down the importance of my message because of grammar. you obviously all got it otherwise you wouldn't have commented about it!

Don't stress about it. It's Klapse's favourite pass time to pick on people's use of their or there. You are lucky he didn't send you a rude PM as he has done to me in the past.

Besides not being parseable in english, your comment was off the mark. It wasn't Craig who "messed up" the cases, the nubs or the PCBs. He just used a questionable method to attempt to fund ongoing production (taking more preorders).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back