A New Logo Mock Up That I Did :)

God Ginrai said:
You have quite an imagination to think that looks like the SGI logo. Seriously, that's such a damn stretch.
sgi_2d-bug_1-bit.gif
'
header_logo.jpg

sgi_logo2.gif

Yep - huge damn stretch alright.

BTW - I didn't know about the SGI logo until this convo - I googled "SGI Logo" on image search to see what people were talking about. It's pretty much the same image with some lines removed.

In fact, here's the first logo there with the lines removed. That's all I did was delete lines.

Last edited by a moderator:
They're both outlines of cubes (boxes) - of course they're similar. But they are different enough. Surely a box is an ideal logo for something called Pandora? It also lends itself nicely to being drawn out on screen.

Not that it matters - those sort of decisions are for the developing company.

Well, the "alternate" moon logo, looks similar to the IGN logo:
IgnLogo.png

smetxk.png

So no matter what you pick, it'll end up looking like something else.
Sorry to add another South Park reference, but, it's just like "The Simpsons did it Already."

PlopperZ said:
Well, the "alternate" moon logo, looks similar to the IGN logo...

It's far away from it then cube like logo from SGI one. Oh, and for those that don't know yet, this moon is Pandora, satellite of Saturn.

edit: spelling

peca said:
PlopperZ said:
It's far away from it then cube like logo from SGI one. Oh, and for those that don't know yet, this moon is Pandora, satellite of Saturn.If that was chosen, and the explanation given, the very next newb question would be.... "Wow! Does it emulate Sega Saturn? Cool!!!"

TaG said:
If that was chosen, and the explanation given, the very next newb question would be.... "Wow! Does it emulate Sega Saturn? Cool!!!"

Come on, who cares about newbs. Many newbs was lost in time, many of them graduate, and much more those come in da future.
But you may be right. Many people makes short (simple) conclusions.

BTW, Are you sure that Pandora can't emulate Saturn console? B) /just joking

TaG said:
They're both outlines of cubes (boxes) - of course they're similar. But they are different enough. Surely a box is an ideal logo for something called Pandora? It also lends itself nicely to being drawn out on screen.

Not that it matters - those sort of decisions are for the developing company.
Agreed.

PlopperZ said:
Well, the "alternate" moon logo, looks similar to the IGN logo:
IgnLogo.png

smetxk.png

So no matter what you pick, it'll end up looking like something else.
Sorry to add another South Park reference, but, it's just like "The Simpsons did it Already."

I had also mentioned that before.

peca said:
PlopperZ said:

It's far away from it then cube like logo from SGI one. Oh, and for those that don't know yet, this moon is Pandora, satellite of Saturn.

edit: spelling

Like hell it is. When I saw Eolair's logo, it bothered me for 3 weeks trying to remember what logo it looked like. I saw the IGN logo in my head, but I didn't remember it was IGN until I was at their site and I saw the logo at the top of the page.

Like TaG said, any cube logo will look similar. But the unique characteristics of Eolair's logo will remind you of IGN's.

-God Ginrai

Back