A thought

S

scoobydoo

I am not attempting to be malicious here but there is something on my mind.

It is my belief that some people in this world of ours thrive on complaining when given the opportunity or advantage to do so. This is human nature .

What message I am trying to convey and why I say this is because if one is so fed up with waiting for a Pandora they so much wanted, then why not take the refund and buy the same product on ebay? I notice there will be 1-3 up for bids on a somewhat regular basis.

As long as the seller includes the invoice, there are no problems with warranty coverage yes?

The same individual that display their angst , should take a moment and read some history of these matters in the forum archives.

Perhaps then they might think before they act negatively?

I realize economies are problematic in many countries but the money was already allocated yes?

Enough said I suppose and not mean't to anger or incite :unsure:

Cheers,

Scooby. ;)

Last edited:
This assumes that they get their refund, seems there is a significant delay until refunds are fulfilled. So I expect by the time the refund does occur the person is so fed up that they cant stand the sight of a pandora :p

Also the person probably loses money in the return with currency rates, so they would have to spend more on top of it to get the ebay pandora.

Last edited by a moderator:
What astonishes me is when someone who ordered some time ago (or even recently) comes here asking for a refund because they have bills to pay... Or complaining that because their refund isn't immediately forthcoming, they won't be able to pay their bills!

This absolutely floors me. I don't understand it, I really don't!

I don't make all that much, and I only spend what I can afford to spend... And once it's spent it's spent! If I can't afford something, I simply wait untill I can... Spending what you don't have is insane! Basic common sense if you ask me.

if one is so fed up with waiting for a Pandora they so much wanted, then why not take the refund and buy the same product on ebay?

When Pre orders for the Pandora were taken in 2008 the cost of the device was approx £220 delivered (to the UK), if Pandoras were being sold for that sort of money on ebay then I'm sure that more people would follow that route.

if one is so fed up with waiting for a Pandora they so much wanted, then why not take the refund and buy the same product on ebay?

When Pre orders for the Pandora were taken in 2008 the cost of the device was approx £220 delivered (to the UK), if Pandoras were being sold for that sort of money on ebay then I'm sure that more people would follow that route.
Throughout this year I have seen devices go anywhere between 350-750 on ebay. Most coming with extras [case,cards,extra battery,etc,.] This seemed to escalate after the premium offer was implemented.

Last edited:
Probably half of the complaining going on is just people ventilating some frustration to get it out of the system. I've done this a couple of times in the past myself.

What astonishes me is when someone who ordered some time ago (or even recently) comes here asking for a refund because they have bills to pay... Or complaining that because their refund isn't immediately forthcoming, they won't be able to pay their bills!
This is also a bit baffling to me. I think the cause for this is twofold. Sometimes people just throw it out as an excuse because it sounds as a more absolute and easier to justify reason than "I'm fed up with waiting".

On the other hand, there are a lot of people in the world who cannot handle money properly. They buy stuff on impulse and are forced to sell it again at a later stage to pay the rent.

The thing to remember is that there are a lot of people who pre-ordered who don't take a active part in the community, or read the news, etc. Certainly not a bad thing, there's a lot of products that I buy that I just want, I'm not looking to follow the latest Acer news or forums when I buy a Acer laptop. I just want the laptop and that's that.

So from this perspective, some Pandora buyers just sees a device that's been undelivered for two years. If I pre-ordered an Acer laptop, and it hadn't been delivered in a couple months, I doubt I'd be happy about it. Yes, OpenPandora is a much smaller company, and has a more interesting history than most, but if a buyer doesn't care that it's a small company, or the history, then it just becomes an undelivered product. So though a lot of the hostility is unfortunate, from certain perspectives it can at least be understandable.

On the other hand, people who take part in the community and follow the company are going to be less hostile, simply through empathy. Honestly, following the news of this company is fascinating to me (and you'll rarely find a company so open about the details), and participating in the community adds a lot of value to the device, too. Surfing the boards is as fun as playing with the Pandora a lot of the time, anyway.

Probably half of the complaining going on is just people ventilating some frustration to get it out of the system. I've done this a couple of times in the past myself.

This is also a bit baffling to me. I think the cause for this is twofold. Sometimes people just throw it out as an excuse because it sounds as a more absolute and easier to justify reason than "I'm fed up with waiting".

On the other hand, there are a lot of people in the world who cannot handle money properly. They buy stuff on impulse and are forced to sell it again at a later stage to pay the rent.

Other side of the coin:

Not all bills are from buying what you can't afford or completely under ones control. For example housing or car rent payments, hospital bills, unexpected car repairs or funeral expenses. All these things still need paid if you lose your job or get laid off, which is happening in record rates in America right now. So to assume that someone is flippant about their own financial situation or careless with their money just because they need money back from a device they pre-paid for up to 3 years ago and still haven't received in order to try to pay some bills is more ridiculous than venting on a forum about not receiving said refund when no other form of communication seems to be getting a response from OPT.

Not all bills are from buying what you can't afford or completely under ones control. For example housing or car rent payments, hospital bills, unexpected car repairs or funeral expenses.
Yes, this is true. Such expenses can always happen. That's why you have reserves to deal with unforeseen situations. If you are truly poor you will not have those reserves (but you should not buy a Pandora either). Otherwise you are living above what you can reasonably afford or you've been really, really unlucky a lot of times in a row.

All these things still need paid if you lose your job or get laid off, which is happening in record rates in America right now.
Getting a refund is such a situation is a logical step to take, though it won't fixed the problem. But sure, these kind of situations can happen.

is more ridiculous than venting on a forum about not receiving said refund when no other form of communication seems to be getting a response from OPT.
I'm not saying that venting on the forums is ridiculous at all. I would not even call this particular example venting but rather filing a valid complaint.

3 years is plenty long for reserves of cash to be depleted in this economy. My comments weren't necessarily directed just at you Caine or meant to be on the offense, I just know what it's like to watch finances spiral out of control with little one could do about it.

Yes, this is true. Such expenses can always happen. That's why you have reserves to deal with unforeseen situations. If you are truly poor you will not have those reserves (but you should not buy a Pandora either). Otherwise you are living above what you can reasonably afford or you've been really, really unlucky a lot of times in a row.

well with that said i would technically class myself as fuckin poor ive been earning bang on minimum wage for nearly 3 years and it totally sucks balls, its a joke to expect people to live off minimum wage, yet i manage to save 5,10 a month out my standard wages normally more to be placed in a savings acount for a rainy day. And as a result of me being on minimum wage i now work 3 jobs to be abe to afford the finner things in life (i know i am fortuinate to have accumilated three jobs) but it is possible, and yes working upto 18 hours a day sucks but if you want the cash it has to be done. for example tomorrow i wake up at 5am work from 06:00 till 19:00 then sunday i am up at 5am then work 06:00 untill 20:30 and that is my weekend the supposedly day of rest. and i also have to look after all the pets and reptiles i have now accumilated i invested my first lot of savings in a pair reptiles to breed which has expanded from there with sales and has helped out massively for cash flow)

also last quick post/rant about this. I am not completely opposed to people wineing and bitching about still not having recieved their units (even though they knew it was a gamble when they made the preorded with exception to the 7 day premium orders perhaps) they do deserve the right to have moan.

`However that said what does do my head in is when you log on to the forum and there has been two or three tits that have logged on and started the same new threads containing the same rant as the countless other threads surrounding this issue that have been posted before.

Fair enough if you feel the need to have a moan as you feel you have been hard done by. But please dont be a giant douch and start a new thread on the topic your just littering the board with crap.

Join in on an existing thread siurrounding cancelations and perhaps your not going to recieve an aggresive response from the community (and i know i am deffonatly guilty of that one)

I posted in the past to try to understand the manufacturing problems and try to get an idea of where in line my order is. I bought it for my son's birthday back in 2009. I was going to buy two, but I think they had a limit of one at the time. Don't take this as a rant.

My interest in the manufacturing issues were to understand the issues and offer help. It was difficult to get enough information to be of much use. I've worked in the design an manufacture of electronic systems for several decades. So I might have some insight or suggestions that could help. There are so many issues that can affect a volume production line.

but with the topic "a thought", there is another way to look at this... and I'm sorry this is not real positive. In 2008/2009 this was an interesting new platform. TI had put the OMAPs out for smaller product developers to design products. Technology moves fast especially in this space. Think how long you use the same computer, cell phone, or game machine.

When I last got a response back in March that I should get it in April, I checked with my son and he was still interested in getting it. He wanted it so he could port things to it. He has been programming an submitting patches to open source since his early teens.

The part that is more concerning is the business model with the yields being as low as noted in the early days, the cost of wip (work in progress), warranty reserve, etc. The move to premium preorders as I've been reading is really to keep cash flow positive and the business afloat.... (that's enough)

I have to assume that the owners of this effort are for real and honest... otherwise I would have pulled my order a long time ago (assuming that can be done). I'm hoping their plan to work through all the "BACK ORDERS" is successful. No, they are no longer "pre-orders"... sorry guys you claim to have been shipping product too long for that.

I hope openpandora is successful, my son gets his birthday present, and the next generation is done in a timely manner.

Best of Luck

Dooble.

I think such sort of threads should be considered offtopic and 'manage your money in smarter way' or 'don't be a douche' answers must be forbidden.

Seriously, these lectures on home finances and these zealous sermons about The Awesome Pandora freak me out totally and why people offend those who want a refund is totally beyond me.

The boards administrators/moderators seem to be smart enough to prevent people from fucking with CircuitCo, because it's official forums and CircuitCo might sue OP because of this, but shitting at paying customers is fine.

These people shouldn't be posting here in the first place, and if they have to do it to get the team's preicous attention, no one should lecture them on managing their finances, calling them doucebags or advertising Pandora to them, full stop.

The topics should not be hidden like these in 'Ask Craig' either. Probably a moderator could provide an answer describing company's current situation and probably asking for some details, and then lock the post until it's answered by OPT.

Apologies if I have offended anyone. What I've stated here on money management is merely how I personally look at it and I just try to understand the other point of view a bit better.

In no way did I intend to imply that others must manage their finance the same nor did I intend to lecture or judge them for doing it different. If that was how it was perceived then I have, yet again, chosen my words poorly. Upon rereading my own posts here, I have to admit that I stated my own opinion too much as fact.

On the other hand, Hoodoo, I also don't understand why you feel the need to censor the opinions of just some guys on the internet.

It's not like it offends me - after all, I don't ask for the refund. It makes the whole community and the team look like half gopniks half religious fanatics. :)

The boards administrators/moderators seem to be smart enough to prevent people from fucking with CircuitCo, because it's official forums and CircuitCo might sue OP because of this, but shitting at paying customers is fine.
I feel that that's not particularly fair to say.

We just trust adults to behave like adults, and do our best to deal with it on the mercifully rare occasions when they don't... :p (Guess what the "We should harass CircuitCo!" suggestions fall under. ;) )

It's not like it offends me - after all, I don't ask for the refund. It makes the whole community and the team look like half gopniks half religious fanatics. :)
And how does having hundreds of threads named i want to cancel my order make the hard working team look? sure it portrays a great image when a new user comes across and has to siv through a stupid amount of threads about cancelations. one or two threads will surfice people.

Also i think the modorators do i fine job i do believe i have seen plenty of people warned for their conduct and behaviour i have also recently recieved a small warning (hope that makes you feel a little bit better :D )

If anything i would argue the opposite and they should be closing these threads down and moving them to a specific thread on this issue (i am not trying to critisize the modorators cause i actually do like them all and think they have done a grand job so far) so there is one or two specific places for customers who feel hard done by, rather than users setting themselfs up for a sarky reply because they have opened up/got involved in yet ANOTHER thread concerning canceling an order.

I don't make all that much, and I only spend what I can afford to spend... And once it's spent it's spent! If I can't afford something, I simply wait untill I can... Spending what you don't have is insane! Basic common sense if you ask me.
a lot of people in the world simply don't understand that concept

Back