About Last Uaepandora Video And Others Emulators Like Snes One.... (sc

HexDump

Still Fresh
Hi everybody,

I´ve been around since the beginning of this dream called pandora. I've been patienly waiting for vids, info, etc... that showed up the power of this little device, but now, I´m a bit disapointed. The reason: Screen Lag, Scree Blur, Tearing, et.... called as you wish.

I have found that almost all vids have some parts (runnign emulators) where everyone can see how screen intensity decrease when sprites are moving (mainly on black background as it ussually happens when a refresh is not fast enough). I don´t know if this is because of not using vsync or emulator is just rendering as fast as it can, but this is not something I would like to find if I buy pandora (I sold my psp because of this issue).

So, anyone has noticed this? Any dever has something to say?.

Thanks in advance,
HexDump.

There isn't any screen lag or screen blur (this is a far superior screen to the psp) but there is some tearing because most of the videos are not frame limited, obviously they will be, a lot of the videos were just for fun to see the raw speed.

I've noticed that overall the framerate is low, but not that it drops, which makes me think its just a camera issue

edit: obsolete

Looking at it right now, I can confirm that the response time is similar to GP2X F100 mk2 (far ahead of PSP and better then NDL lite). In case you haven't seen GP2X screen, it has almost no ghosting/blurring at all.

There will always be screen tearing when you are updating the graphics buffer whilst the LCD is copying the data to the screen. The solution is simply to wait for vblank before swapping buffers, which none of the emulators do yet, as they are made for fun, and to check how fast they can go.

Well, I supposed that as I stated in my first post (vsync issue + outdated camera) . I will wait and see people reaction before buying anyway.

Thanks in advance,
HexDump.

Back