About Replacement Styli

Awesome :D
Great :D

I like your stylus, I just didn't have any way to help funding it... kickstarter was a really good idea, congrats :D

Elton said:
First of all, I must thanks you guys for the support, especially to Foxblock and Gruso. Without you guys, I seriously don't think the XStylus NDSL can be funded.

From the messages sent to me thought Kickstarter.com, I realized quite a number of the backers heard about my project thought this forum, so I must also give a big thanks to the Open Pandora too. :) Believe or not, several backers told me that they are backing the project as they wanted to use the XStylus for NDSL with their Open Pandora console. This is something that I have never thought of, so I give it a try this morning.

Although this XStylus was not designed specifically for Open Pandora, but the result is good. The stylus and case actually fit well to each other. I am so stupid, I should have promoting this to in this forum if I know they will work. In that way, I get more backers. :p

That's unfortunate. I would have pledged if I had known it would fit, but as I don't own a DS, a DS stylus was of no use to me.
Sadly, it looks like it's a moot point, anyway - http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/greenbulb/xstylus-ergonomic-touch-pen-for-nintendo-ds-lite/posts/66538
My condolences to you, Elton.

Last edited by a moderator:
benji_stein said:
That's unfortunate. I would have pledged if I had known it would fit, but as I don't own a DS, a DS stylus was of no use to me.
Sadly, it looks like it's a moot point, anyway - http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/greenbulb/xstylus-ergonomic-touch-pen-for-nintendo-ds-lite/posts/66538
It looks like it's still a go here.

Like you I didn't have much interest in it for *DS* but if it fits the pandora nicely then it's well worth supporting.

surt said:
benji_stein said:
It looks like it's still a go here.

Like you I didn't have much interest in it for *DS* but if it fits the pandora nicely then it's well worth supporting.

Yes. However, I'd like to hear first about how the 3DS stylus fits in the Pandora, since it's different than the DSi one. It looks like the 3DS stylus will fit in the DSi, but it may be different enough to not work so well inside a Pandora.

And then there's the fact that I'm not as big of a fan of IndieGogo as I am of KickStarter - I like the fact that if the project doesn't make the goal, no one pays. It makes it more of a "if we have enough guarantees of interest, they count as preorders, and we start", rather than a "cross your fingers and hope, but we get your money regardless".

benji_stein said:
Yes. However, I'd like to hear first about how the 3DS stylus fits in the Pandora, since it's different than the DSi one. It looks like the 3DS stylus will fit in the DSi, but it may be different enough to not work so well inside a Pandora.
I'm hoping I can answer this one very soon. :) I've got a package waiting at the post office which I believe is a prototype of the new model from Elton.

benji_stein said:

And then there's the fact that I'm not as big of a fan of IndieGogo as I am of KickStarter - I like the fact that if the project doesn't make the goal, no one pays. It makes it more of a "if we have enough guarantees of interest, they count as preorders, and we start", rather than a "cross your fingers and hope, but we get your money regardless".
Ah, damnit, didn't realize it was a different product.

@benji_stein I am sorry that you don't like Indiegogo, but the bad experience that I have with KickStarter is driving me away from it.

@Gurso wow, that was fast, hope you will like what you see.

Elton

@Elton - I agree. I think they treated you poorly, ant it was a very unfortunate experience. Since I (unfortunately) didn't donate, I haven't seen what emails they sent to your backers. But I feel like you at least deserved an official, proper explanation sent out by them. I also think that there should be a reasonable way to have something in the middle - credit cards can have holds placed on them, which lock the amount, but don't actually charge the card. The other way, there's unfortunately far less incentive to contribute when the current contributions are low.

@Gruso - Fun. We want to see pictures (with comparisons), and comments.

Hi guys, sorry for not able to get back to you earlier, I just returned from my trip yesterday.
XStylus Crayon works great with Open Pandora, it fits nicely and firmly in the pen slot at the back of the machine. Pre order yours before the opportunity ends, pre order here

XStylusCrayonOpenPandora.jpg

Sorry I wasn't able to meet up with you on Monday, I would have loved to have given it a try. It looks like everything I could have hoped for :)

Elton said:
Hi guys, sorry for not able to get back to you earlier, I just returned from my trip yesterday.
XStylus Crayon works great with Open Pandora, it fits nicely and firmly in the pen slot at the back of the machine.
Nice. :)
I guess I'm waiting for an dedicated Pandora X-Stylsu because it can have some extra lenght compared to an NDS Stylus and every inch counts. ^^

fusion_power said:
Elton said:
XStylus Crayon works great with Open Pandora, it fits nicely and firmly in the pen slot at the back of the machine.
Nice. :)
I guess I'm waiting for an dedicated Pandora X-Stylsu because it can have some extra lenght compared to an NDS Stylus and every inch counts. ^^

I also would want a Pandora-specific version, but I put down $15 anyway, because when it's extended, the XStylus is still longer and wider than the Pandora stylus, and I don't know when there will be a Pandora version anyway. I would also rather make sure that this cool idea gets produced than see it die for lack of funding.

Linopoly said:
I also would want a Pandora-specific version, but I put down $15 anyway, because when it's extended, the XStylus is still longer and wider than the Pandora stylus, and I don't know when there will be a Pandora version anyway. I would also rather make sure that this cool idea gets produced than see it die for lack of funding.

Thanks for your support, it will definitely help me on the production of the XStylus. To be honest, I don't know when will the Pandora version will happen.

BTW, a new independent review of XStylus Crayon is up. Here is the link: http://www.wiinintendo.net/2011/04/17/impressions-xstylus-crayon/

Just saw that you reached both your goal and the crystal version goal, Elton! Congrats, this is a great product. Looking forward to it! :)

Hi guys,

Haven’t hear anything from this forum for so long, I hope everything is happy busy playing with their Pandora. :)

Just wanted to drop by and to let you know that XStylus Crayon is finally ready to ship. I seriously can't believe it has been so long since my original post about the XStylus prototype. Of cause, XStylus Crayon works and fits perfectly on the Pandora. Here is a pic of the mass produced pens, pretty isn't it?

XStylus%20Crayon.png

On a separate note, I'm working on a stylus for the iPad using the same concept, XStylus Touch, except that the pen core of this iPad stylus will be made with polished metal. It's really quite nice to the touch as it's the heaviest iPad stylus on the market so far - weighing a full 32 grams (For comparison, the 3M stylus weighs around 10g, the Wacom Bamboo just under 20g)! The project home page for XStylus Touch is www.indiegogo.com/XStylus-Touch. If you are an iPad or tablet user, you need to check it out. :) Kindly share with friends on fb or twitter if you like it. Thanks.

For your convenience, here is a 1 min video of the XStylus Touch:

XStylus%20Touch.png

I'll be selling these styluses, hopefully in a better way than I sold the EXT connectors. I think I've got 250 of them coming. Something like that.
I should really do a review of the prototype some time but I'm just too lazybusy. It really is great. I love being able to slide it out and flip it to a comfortable grip with one hand and hold my console in the other. It is way, way better this way than the 3DS's original stylus. I find it a little better than the Pandora's stylus as well, but not nearly as good as it could have been if he'd gone with the original DS length. I understand why he decided to go with the 3DS compatible stylus instead of the original DS one, but that extra 4 or 5 mm would have made it so much more perfect.

Back