About The Slogan For Pandora

What happened to "What's in your box?"
I suggested it once before, but I still don't remember who said it first (not me).

I think it's really nice because it emphasizes that you can put whatever you want on it.

OTOH, "Open the box" is pretty cool, too, seeing as it's such an open-source and community-driven device.

Just my .02€ (;

Nilsiboy said:
What happened to "What's in your box?"
Sounds like a capital one advert

I vote .open

open the box sounds a bit predictable.

Last edited by a moderator:
everything, everywhere!

Has the both the openness of the platform and range of uses in everything, and the portability and connectivity in everywhere.

Pandora
everything, everywhere!

Line O'Sevens said:
atomicthumbs said:
How about just "it's open"?
To take the minimalism one step further, I was quite partial to Shirohagen's ".open" - though the format and use of punctuation is up for discussion. :)

100% agreed.

IMO the Slogan for Pandora is simply

Pandora

if you want a further explanation

The girl's name Pandora \p(a)-ndo-ra, pan-dora\ is pronounced pan-DOE-ah. It is of Greek origin, and its meaning is "all gifts or all gifted" (or according to some "all giving") . Greek mythology: the first mortal woman Pandora was created beautiful and delightful by the gods, such that every man was attracted to her.

What's better then something that says "All gifted" or "all giving" ? =)

This isn't my own, it was in some image... Derived from Serial Experiments Lain, I think.

Close This World - txeN ehT nepO

Holokauston said:
IMO the Slogan for Pandora is simply

Pandora

if you want a further explanation

The girl's name Pandora \p(a)-ndo-ra, pan-dora\ is pronounced pan-DOE-ah. It is of Greek origin, and its meaning is "all gifts or all gifted" (or according to some "all giving") . Greek mythology: the first mortal woman Pandora was created beautiful and delightful by the gods, such that every man was attracted to her.

What's better then something that says "All gifted" or "all giving" ? =)
That would also mean that people would need to know the mythology, and those who do, know more the part where pandora open the box that releases all the evils upon the world, and when she closes it the only thing left inside the box is hope. It can be twisted to good use, but still.

The more famous version of the Pandora myth comes from another of Hesiod's poems, the Works and Days. In this version of the myth (lines 60-105), Hesiod expands upon her origin, and moreover widens the scope of the misery she inflicts on mankind. As before, she is created by Hephaestus, but now more gods contribute to her completion (63-82): Athena taught her needlework and weaving (63-4); Aphrodite "shed grace upon her head and cruel longing and cares that weary the limbs" (65-6); Hermes gave her "a shameful mind and deceitful nature" (67-8); Hermes also gave her the power of speech, putting in her "lies and crafty words" (77-80) ; Athena then clothed her (72); next she, Persuasion and the Charites adorned her with necklaces and other finery (72-4); the Horae adorned her with a garland crown (75). Finally, Hermes gives this woman a name: Pandora -- "All-gifted" -- "because all the Olympians gave her a gift" (81).[2] In this retelling of her story, Pandora's deceitful feminine nature becomes the least of mankind's worries. For she brings with her a jar[3] containing[4] "burdensome toil and sickness that brings death to men" (91-2), diseases (102) and "a myriad other pains" (100). Prometheus had (fearing further reprisals) warned his brother Epimetheus not to accept any gifts from Zeus. But Epimetheus did not listen; he accepted Pandora, who promptly scattered the contents of her jar. As a result, Hesiod tells us, "the earth and sea are full of evils" (101). One item, however, did not escape the jar (96-9), hope:

Only Hope was left within her unbreakable house,
she remained under the lip of the jar, and did not
fly away. Before [she could], Pandora replaced the
lid of the jar. This was the will of aegis-bearing
Zeus the Cloudgatherer.

Hesiod closes with this moral (105): "Thus it is not possible to escape the mind of Zeus."

This is then Pandora's Box

teh_programerer said:
I like it, reminds me of the Dreamcast's "It's thinking".

Don't go there... As much as I love the Dreamcast, the marketing was sub-par at best... I think it's one of the major reasons (next to the high price) it failed so badly (commercially at least... I know there are still homebrew and some Indie games even now).

How about just "Yes." It's like the ultimate positive answer to every question that people are going to ask about it.

Yrx said:
How about just "Yes." It's like the ultimate positive answer to every question that people are going to ask about it.
Alright! PS3 emulation!! :p

LOL! ROFL!

"When you see it, you'll shit bricks"

I just told my friend today that when I first say this I almost crapped my pants and had a seizure!

Pandora, when you see it, your going to need to change your boxers. (In more than one way)
-Jk

Just thought that quote was funny

-Spadoof :gp2x

javaJake said:
"Don't Panic"

Now, that is brilliant, folks. Beats your "Open the box" any day. ;)

and then they turn it on, load a game, and boom! kernel panic

"don't panic" is just an invitation for bugs to creep in under the sights of the devs

It doesn't take a knife to open a box.

Yea, not so much a slogan, but the saying struck me while at work the other day.

I'm all for dropping any hint of a slogan from the advertising as it doesnt need any cheesy tagline.

Back