Absurdism corner

Why?

• Total voters

Eventually, in the future, all devices will be able to run linux, even your tv. Once that happens, write a program that is in sync with showtime listings that does block advertisements. :lol:

I want a remote control to control my remote control!
Umm, let me see if I've got this right...

Hey dawg. I put a remote control in your remote control, so you can remote control while you remote control. Or something.

Eventually, in the future, all devices will be able to run linux, even your tv. Once that happens, write a program that is in sync with showtime listings that does block advertisements. :lol:
My mom's new TV has a USB port and can supposedly use Wi-Fi for something or other.

I'm frustrated at the thought that it probably does run Linux, but it's so locked down that it serves no greater purpose to me (If I were to buy one) than if it ran a totally proprietary custom OS.

I want my microwave to run Linux so it can send a message on Jabber when my food is done, or play the Left 4 Dead "Skin on our teeth" music. Ideally, the microwave would just have a serial port or something, and it would signal over it when it was done, so it could do anything.

Last edited by a moderator:
must i really bring into the thread the story of that potato that ran linux?

u_jelly.png

Oh ... and while we are at it here's a nonsense poem I wrote some 16 years ago

Bungerly Trigglett came to town upon his Woodle Vic,

his Woodle Vic was none to well and started feeling sick.

Scrunge Fruttock, said Bungerly, for ‘twas the creatures name,

bodelly your trundlish or you’ll never be the same.

The creature smiled and burped and belched and generally looked appalling,

until it finally realised it’s grobags were not falling.

Then it belched and burped and smiled, struggled to it’s feet,

done a raglish somersault and landed on it’s seat.

Back