Advertising The Pandora

Pandora and Linux have in common that they don't need advertising at all. Those that might be happy about it, will find out themselves. Both don't need a massive user base to be successful.

When you get your pandora, show it to someone, and watch as this someone (given he/she is not insane) starts stuttering garbled words vaguely resembling "WHERE CAN I GET ONE?!"

mali said:
Putting a Pandora link in the signature while spamming other boards is the way to go. IIRC it was Karel Jansen's signature on the maemo boards where I first read about Pandora.

Brilliant, perhaps all our sigs could say the same thing, no matter which forum we're on, i.e. OpenTheBox, with a link to the OP website?

Last edited by a moderator:
skyeyemachine said:
NLS said:
atomicthumbs said:
we could use internet
But can we control this "internet" you speak of?
He who controls the "internet" controls the memes!

And thus the WORLD! :ph34r:

We can only dare to try!

(In best Japanese secret organisation commander voice)

control the Internet? ..... UNpossible!

send for flying dragonsword revenger master :ph34r:

:lol:

Well, if you are not going to send a Pandora to Engadget reviewers, I live in WIlliamsburg Brooklyn and have ordered one, and many of the Engadget writers live near me. I could always offer to set up a meet with them and let them have a go.

Probably best to have a stand at e3 or another games/electronis expo, where every single tech blog, magazine, and website will be reporting from

Just got an idea.. What about a little bar for your sig like the XBL/PSN thing with the Pandora logo and your username... I'll get back to you on this, idea!

Along these lines?

2ajaveu.jpg

We spent well over $50,000 advertising the GP2X and I don't think it really worked.

As said, I think the Pandora will sell itself.

wrath of khan said:
I was wondering how the pandora would be marketed,once there is enough pandys to meet demand.
Advert in magazines.Websites.Does openpandora have much money for ads.Wonder how much a colour ad in a
major magazine,linux mag or technology mags.Could the openpandora community help with this.
Maybe we could actively spread the word.Just a thought.

techy blogs and websites will post about the pandora (like what has been seen thus far, engadget for example). you'll see quite a few on ebay, craig's gp2x shop will sell them and that'll be about it (i think they reserved some of the 1st batch for that site). perhaps after the 2nd or 3rd batch, it'll change

aesir911 said:
techy blogs and websites will post about the pandora (like what has been seen thus far). you'll see quite a few on ebay, craig's gp2x shop will sell them and that'll be about it (i think they reserved some of the 1st batch for that site). perhaps after the 2nd or 3rd batch, it'll change
That site is ED's shop. There is a UK/international shop(Craig), a German shop(ED) and a Turkish shop(Fatih) thus far.

mali said:
aesir911 said:
techy blogs and websites will post about the pandora (like what has been seen thus far). you'll see quite a few on ebay, craig's gp2x shop will sell them and that'll be about it (i think they reserved some of the 1st batch for that site). perhaps after the 2nd or 3rd batch, it'll change
That site is ED's shop. There is a UK/international shop(Craig), a German shop(ED) and a Turkish shop(Fatih) thus far.

which one is craigs? i know he talked about it in a few videos of his.

mali said:
aesir911 said:
which one is craigs? i know he talked about it in a few videos of his.
The shop you ordered from?

i didnt order the pandora from a shop, i just emailed them (openpandorasales@gmail.com) and they sent me a google payment form (Open Pandora Ltd). this is legitimate, right?

Back