Analog Nubs - Poll

What would you rather have, considering the delay it brings?

• Worse controls (1mm radius nubs) but no delay

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Good, custom controls, but a delay.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kyosys said:
the ps1 had two shoulder buttons too, you know
Yep. But few games truly needed them. And they can be mapped to all sorts of alternatives on Pandora. We'd just have to be slightly more creative if we don't have the center click. But we can still have access to all the PSX inputs, just not in the best way possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't say too much about the PSP nubs because I've never even held a PSP, but from the sound of it I'll take them over the 1mm nub any day. Not too bothered about them being clickable either to be honest. I always seem to press too hard on things like that and press the button by accident anyway.

So far the PSP nubs with a decent cap is looking like a happy medium for most people :)

If the PSP nub can be 100% confirmed as a viable option, I think we should redo this poll. I was rather conflicted on the 1mm vs delay choice, but I don't generally find click ability to be all that important, so I'd have no problem with a PSP nub. It seems a lot of other people who would be upset about the 1mm would be fine with a PSP nub as well.

what a sad story :(

i dont think its likely that craigix and co can raise the almost $50,000 needed to develop and manufacture these custom nubs, so ill side with the majority and say we should go for the psp style nubs.

ive used the psp nub before (admittedly only for web browsing) and didnt find it that annoying. i had also worried that id be clicking in the clikable nubs all the time so this could be a good thing (maybe).

i should have read the *entire* thread before i voted, but the poll didnt indicate the (assumedly) impossible cost required to get custom nubs.

meh, i'll survive.

JerryG20 said:
And those gaming-oriented people that aren't that interested in analog controls on the Pandora (there's people interested much more in digital, much more in analog, and both), so I don't see the point you're trying to make, _VWV_.
I'm trying to say that in those 20% there are people, who aren't interested in analog controls to the extent which allowed them to vote differently. A delay is much worse than some parameters of gaming controls in the FIRST batch. + There are some UMPC renegades, to whom gaming controls (of any kind) are somewhat secondary to the health of their nerve system, which is a bit tired of reading "when will it be available" and tired of gathering news about USB ECHI issue.
Well, Prophet, the idea I'm trying to say is that if those PSP-style nubs are unacceptable, then they should be changed to their more acceptable analogues in the second batch. In this case both "gotta have it now, done any old way" and "can you equip it with Hotas Cougar" crowds will be happy + devs will get their units and port something usefull.

craigix said:
We can probably do it without much of a delay if we lose the click.
Well it's not like we'll be short of buttons and it will only really effect the newest emulators, if the clicks were to emulate the other two shoulder buttons. Have at it I say :D

Craig is loaded anyway, I doubt he'd have a problem coming up with the cash if it were guaranteed to come back sometime :p.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back