... and production still is reliable and moving forward :) (2012-05-11)

They are being cleared at the same speed... but ED had a much shorter queue.

- Neelix

This is incorrect unless I missed something recently.

If you are in Craig's queue you first have to go through ED's queue where for every x new sales (I believe 4) one old pre order one is produced and then when your allotted Pandora arrives at Craig you have to wait until he sells enough Pandora's to pay for the shipping as he doesn't have the cash for that. I can dig the relevant posts up for you if you like.

So if there hasn't been a mention of that being taken care of recently original pre-orderers in Craig's queue are in for a much longer wait then those in ED's queue. On the upside, as I'm a positive person, I'm in Craig's queue and the chance of us getting a 1ghz unit due to the old ones running out is much bigger. So there is light at the end of the tunnel. :)

I wonder what's up with Craig trying to hide that information..

Trying to hide what information? Another Mod removed any posts if they were removed at all. I've been away for 3 days at a midsummer ball...

I really don't know why, even after I came on IRC and chatted to you, that you keep on posting these things.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can confirm Craig didn't hide the posts here.

It also wasn't the only thread in the "Ask ... "-Section where some of our mods hid posts (he only hid them, they are not deleted).

They usually do this if someone replies there before me or Craig replies, but that is also stated in the description of these sections.

I personally don't mind if someone else replies before me, but as these questions in these sections are aimed directly at Craig or myself, no one else should answer them (the general section is for discussions)

Somebody is feeding the drama llama.

Also, Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.

Stupidity in this case, is jumping to conclusions.

And whilst both paying attention to this thread (ED & Craig); please seriously consider the websites and tv program I mentioned in the which sites to advertise thread. They have huge exposure and it will be for free. All you need to do is let me know and I'll have them contact you. Apparantely they have standard paperwork and whatnot to deal with lending gear from any supplier looking for having their stuff up for review. Their viewers are 100% your target audience, the 18-45 gamers. Younger Dutch gamers start with Power Unlimited.

It's in my best interest for you guys to move as many units as possible to new users so you run out of old chips fast and have enough cash to send my 1Ghz original pre-order Pandora :D

The only downside would be that my friend will taunt the shit out of me for having his hands on a Pandora sooner then I do after talking about it for 2,5 year :angry: And he's quite good at rubbing stuff in. :rolleyes: But I guess I'll just have to take one for the team.

Whilst your both paying attention to this thread (ED & Craig); what happened to all the units that were supposed to be shipped to pre-orders at the end of May?

I already responded you, they were already shipped, but there is a problem with the confirmation E-Mail... everyone who does not belive this is pessimistic...

And whilst both paying attention to this thread (ED & Craig); please seriously consider the websites and tv program I mentioned in the which sites to advertise thread. They have huge exposure and it will be for free. All you need to do is let me know and I'll have them contact you. Apparantely they have standard paperwork and whatnot to deal with lending gear from any supplier looking for having their stuff up for review. Their viewers are 100% your target audience, the 18-45 gamers. Younger Dutch gamers start with Power Unlimited.

It's in my best interest for you guys to move as many units as possible to new users so you run out of old chips fast and have enough cash to send my 1Ghz original pre-order Pandora :D

The only downside would be that my friend will taunt the shit out of me for having his hands on a Pandora sooner then I do after talking about it for 2,5 year :angry: And he's quite good at rubbing stuff in. :rolleyes: But I guess I'll just have to take one for the team.

We are waiting until the 1Ghz units are a little closer to shipping, but things are going to ramp up like crazy over the summer.

Whilst your both paying attention to this thread (ED & Craig); what happened to all the units that were supposed to be shipped to pre-orders at the end of May?

How many replies do you need?

This has been covered in numerous posts already. Besides, I never mentioned a date when all preorders are fullfilled?

I always mentioned the facts and possibilities.

And here, once again, I reply:

Exactly as it has been stated last year in August when I setup the business plan, the units for classic preorders are being paid with the profit that is gained from new orders.

70 new orders make up 36 classic units. Every additional Euro that's being gained in any way (upgrade from old CC PCB to the new GC PCB for users who already have a Pandora, etc.), increases the number of classic units.

So far, about 700 units have been sold to new customers which means that about 360 classic preorders got their unit (180 of Craigs and 180 of my customers).

The number is increasing daily, though you can probably understand that I ship the units to Craig in batches as it would be pretty stupid to ship him 2 or 3 units for 80 EUR shipping costs.

Up until one month ago, GC was still working on optimizing the production process and tweak the PCB production, that's why we could only get 100 Pandoras per week.

This is a reason why we held back with advertising right now - I want those units on stock before I advertise them!

This should change now. I'm actively working on getting more press reviews here in Germany, we're visiting the GamesCom this year and I'm currently moving to a new shopsystem in order to handle a lot of preorders.

GC can now handle 250 Pandoras per week if need be, so we shouldn't have any issues with keeping up the demand.

There are still other factors, however. The leadtime of the DM3730 is about 19 weeks. Right now, about 4000 are in stock at distributors, but these could be bought by some company any day... and then it could take up to 19 weeks to get them.

That's the reason I'm eagerly waiting for the DM3730 test run (which should happen within the next few weeks). If all goes well, I'll grab 1000 or 2000 of those on stock right away!

So, that's how it is.

The speed of how fast we can fulfill the preorders is based on the amount of sales we have, and with press coverage and advertisement, these should increase soon.

If we manage to sell 140 per week, it would mean that 60 classic preorders would be shipped per week as well.

If we sell less, we'll have less classic preorders.

Now it's up to you to tell me when exactly we'll have all preorders delivered - because I am unable to foretell that.

All I know is that we're constantly moving forward since February and that we're on the right track.

I can tell you that it would've been way more easy to just call it quits last year and file insolvency. A lot less work and stress - but not my preferred style of a solution.

I rather work myself to death than giving up.

Any questions left?

We are waiting until the 1Ghz units are a little closer to shipping, but things are going to ramp up like crazy over the summer.

Ok, good to hear! Of the top of my head these guys have something like 60k unique visitors a day so a great way to get a lot of attention for the price of a unit on loan for a couple of weeks or so. (no idea how long they'd want one, just know that the time that they could keep anything they got sent is long gone)

I personally don't mind if someone else replies before me, but as these questions in these sections are aimed directly at Craig or myself, no one else should answer them (the general section is for discussions)

Well I'm having discussions with the mod directly, I don't agree with posts/topics being hidden. It's not the end of the world if a few people get their 2c in beforehand, especially if no reply is forthcoming (as was the case) for 1 month.

Everyone should be able to see what questions are being asked, which ones are being answered and which one's aren't. And if there is some moderating to be done I'd rather it be moderating and not secret moderating. That's my 2c :)

Hmmm you can argue the point as much as you want, but as long as you are talking and developing product 3 and pandora 2 , i really think you should deliver to your original preorderers (now financiers to new projects).

Hmmm you can argue the point as much as you want, but as long as you are talking and developing product 3 and pandora 2 , i really think you should deliver to your original preorderers (now financiers to new projects).

I am currently handling the Pandora production and I haven't put a single EUR into Product 3 or Pandora 2 so far... AFAIK, Craig mostly finances it from iControlPad Ltd. (which is a different company) and his own money.

No you are not ^^ My "first batch" preorder have been confirmed the 23-02-2010, I don't think to upgrade too, I just look the forum by period, but not really look at my mail box hoping having received the "shipping ready" mail.

The thing that I regret the most is to lose interest, even if I am sure I will be highly happy to receive it. (This is NOT a criticism, NOR a sarcasm, but as we say in french, "some water has flowed under the bridges" (De l'eau a coule sous les ponds)).

2010? no way...

did you get tv-out cables?
Yeah, Feb 2010 here as well. I'm pretty sure that the first batch preorders came to a close not too long after that so unfortunately we still have a bit of a wait before all preorders are filled. I'm really not holding my breath to recieve mine this year as it's half way over already.

It's actually the other way around, the iCP financed the Pandora for much of last year.

The reason we continue to develop other products is to make sure we have a future, or there won't be any deliveries anymore.

So can anyone give any information on where the heck I may be for getting my Pandora?

Payment received 4/7/2009

As of my last email in January, Jacquelyn estimated me this:

Your approximate queue position is 1900 - 2000

Is there anyone close to my date of payment who has 'quite' recently received theres by any chance?

Im just wondering if its time to call it quits and get my money back. I'm not into all this upgrading payment etc, I am very unhappy with the whole thing as-is.

Not to put anyone else off who's going to keep waiting it out, just how I personally feel at this point. Sorry guys.

Thanks for any information that you can give me.

Mike.

This has been covered in numerous posts already. Besides, I never mentioned a date when all preorders are fullfilled?

Edited wall of text that had nothing to do with the question I asked..

Any questions left?
Just the original question that I've been asking all along and you still haven't answered..

Craig stated at the beginning of May that all pre-orders would be shipped at the end of May. Why did he state that if it was obvious even back then that the amount of pre-orders filled depended on the amount of sales?

FTR I never stated that you said that, I always said it was Craig.

Edited wall of text that had nothing to do with the question I asked..

Any questions left?
Just the original question that I've been asking all along and you still haven't answered..

Craig stated at the beginning of May that all pre-orders would be shipped at the end of May. Why did he state that if it was obvious even back then that the amount of pre-orders filled depended on the amount of sales?

FTR I never stated that you said that, I always said it was Craig.

Well, you should know after all these years, that Craig is usually very optimistic regarding these things.

Yes, if production could've been at full speed from the very beginning, then it could've worked out, it was a pretty realistic scenario.

Last edited:
Back