Anyone Preorder From Vancouver Canada?

Kamloops here, wouldn't be suprised at all if I was the only preorder here. ~700th or so in line.

So do we want a Pandora party in Vancouver? Somewhere closest to all... (lol, my location is kinda center).

I would think we'd want to wait until at least one of us has a Pandora (hopefully more than one).

I recently went to a Fark party near here, and it is a fine place.

BackAssward said:
Well, you aren't the guy, or you'd know for sure...

how do you know? i sure don't. i can't remember the posts i made a week ago, much less several months back...

I wish I had a good Chinese restaurant... there were a few many years ago, but I can't find one lately.

Dineasty in Richmond was pretty decent

Last edited by a moderator:
hitbyambulance said:
BackAssward said:
Well, you aren't the guy, or you'd know for sure...

how do you know? i sure don't. i can't remember the posts i made a week ago, much less several months back...
I have a painfully strong memory... you aren't him.

I wish I had a good Chinese restaurant... there were a few many years ago, but I can't find one lately.

Dineasty in Richmond was pretty decent

Doubt they deliver this far away.

Line O said:
BackAssward said:
I recently went to a Fark party near here
I saw a website once that had pictures from a party I can only imagine would be described in similar terms.
I wouldn't recommend it, if the pic and website are Fark. I didn't have a good time.

Edit: Though your experiences may vary.

Why are there more people in Vancouver area than the GTA? Statistically speaking, there should be 2 or 3 times as many here.

WizardStan said:
Why are there more people in Vancouver area than the GTA? Statistically speaking, there should be 2 or 3 times as many here.
I counted six in skeezix's old invite thread, but that likely only included people who considered coming out. There do look to be more people here, but it's not so unbalanced since a number appear to be from surrounding areas (not just Vancouver or the Greater Vancouver Area, which probably isn't a real thing).

I think it's safe to say that I am the only Pandora owner in North Vancouver! :lol:

Tempel said:
WizardStan said:
I counted six in skeezix's old invite thread, but that likely only included people who considered coming out. There do look to be more people here, but it's not so unbalanced since a number appear to be from surrounding areas (not just Vancouver or the Greater Vancouver Area, which probably isn't a real thing).

I must have missed the last thread... I'm in the GTA. And I'm somewhere in the 1200-1300s. I think I'd be more interested in a meetup after someone has a production Pandora to drool over, which should hopefully be soon!

Locri Epizephyrii said:
I must have missed the last thread... I'm in the GTA. And I'm somewhere in the 1200-1300s. I think I'd be more interested in a meetup after someone has a production Pandora to drool over, which should hopefully be soon!
Skeezix has a prototype which I and Tempel met with him at a pub to drool over a couple months back. :)

edit: wait, that's what Tepel was talking about. Sorry.

Sorry to gravedig a thread from... er.. yesterday, but

It's come to my attention that there's a "Vancouver Indie Game Developers" meetup happening on May 20th. I mention it here in this Vancouver-specific thread in case there's anyone here that their interest piqued by the following paragraph:
It only natural that Vancouver is home to several independent game developers as well. Whether you're a small studio or a bedroom coder, you have a unique view of the industry. The purpose of this meetup is to get to know your fellow Vancouver indies and to share experience and knowledge. If you're working on a game independently, or are thinking about it, this is the place for you.
More details (pertinent link in this quote):
Jake Birkett aka Grey Alien said:
The aim is to get Indies (full-time, part-time, or not quite yet) together to swap stories and tips, and make connections.
Check it out:
http://www.meetup.com/Vancouver-Indie-Game-Developers/
Our first meetup is on Thursday May 20th at 6:30pm in Downtown. Specifically at Waves Coffee, 1263 Pacific Blvd. The venue is good for talking.
Just thought I'd mention it here in case there are coders that might like to meet up with other coders, or maybe someone with a Pandora might like to introduce it to a bunch of indie coders who may not know about it.

All the information anyone interested might need should be available at the above meetup.com link.

Anyone count how many we have in the area (including the other thread)?

I am up for a meet... I'm at 550-650 in the list + TV Cable. A case on order presently.

Already mentioned my location.

Someone more organized with logistics should setup a group-thingy so we can opt in, or something (I believe there are places to set that up). Social planning is far outside my skill set.

BackAssward said:
Someone more organized with logistics should setup a group-thingy so we can opt in, or something (I believe there are places to set that up).
http://www.meetup.com/Vancouver-Indie-Game-Developers/ ?

http://www.meetup.com ?

:)

Back