Anyone received their new Pandoras yet?

Oh yes, when I tried to compile the kernel on Pandora and forgot to make a swapfile, you could literally see the desktop fall apart when it ran out of ram ;)

Oh yes, when I tried to compile the kernel on Pandora and forgot to make a swapfile, you could literally see the desktop fall apart when it ran out of ram ;)
I managed it on my main box, a couple of months back. I tried to open some artwork that was just far too enormous for it, and I saw the same thing. :lol:

Interesting, I didn't know that xfe has this "feature" :p

That's just how I got it back though. I also found the icon. So as Han Solo would say: "everything's perfectly all right now. We're fine. We're all fine here now, thank you. How are you? "

I just got my Pandora - pretty cool. Some of the emulators seem a bit slow for say Sonic 2 or SuperMario World or PanMAME + Mortal Combat. Others are fine such as X-MEN in PanMAME, so it may be I need to learn how to change some settings. Anyway, fun so far!

I just got my Pandora - pretty cool. Some of the emulators seem a bit slow for say Sonic 2 or SuperMario World or PanMAME + Mortal Combat. Others are fine such as X-MEN in PanMAME, so it may be I need to learn how to change some settings. Anyway, fun so far!

just curious what emulators are you using, never had speed issues with any of the Sonic games nor SuperMario World. I've never even had to clock over 500mhz for any of those games.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got confirmation of final payment received yesterday and that mine should be shipped within the next few days, I'm very excited :)

just curious what emulators are you using, never had speed issues with any of the Sonic games nor SuperMario World. I've never even had to clock over 500mhz for any of those games.
The ones from the Wiki List - SNES9X4P and PicoDrive

According to UPS, scheduled delivery of my Pandora is Monday, April 9th. As of this morning (Wednesday), it shows "3 Business Day(s) Left"...maybe I'll get lucky and receive it on Friday. I'm not holding my breath, but wouldn't THAT be a nice surprise!? :)

Just got mine today... Love it... Except I'm having problems getting connected to my home network, and the speakers seem really, really quiet... How loud should the speakers be with the volume wheel all the way up? Is there a software pre-amp that I'm missing somewhere? Because they do seem a little too quiet.

EDIT: Seems it was just the media player I was using... Using a different one greatly enhances the volume.

I'm really, really enjoying hearing about you guys getting your Pandoras finally .. hooray! The Pandora party goes on and on! :)

Since this week I have a Pandora again :) I RMA'd my first one just before CC completely stopped producing. The German Pandora really feels like a step up in build quality: the shoulder buttons work without any adjusting, and I have not yet needed to glue the disks back on the nubs ^_^ . Great job!

When I have time I will finish some ports I started over a year ago. Is there already a recipe manager? I want to take my Pandora into the kitchen ;) .

mine arrived on thursday. still havnt opened it. waiting on SD cards. before i try anything.

I had mine on wednesday :)

I had time to play with firmware install and to test some emus and open sources games (battle for westnoth!).

The sound is really impressive! The battery too :)

Waiting for my email with the shipment code. How long did it take u guys between the final payment email and the shipment email?

You're probably running PAL versions of the games.

The Pandora can emulate those systems without flexing its muscles at all.

Just got mine today... Love it... Except I'm having problems getting connected to my home network, and the speakers seem really, really quiet... How loud should the speakers be with the volume wheel all the way up? Is there a software pre-amp that I'm missing somewhere? Because they do seem a little too quiet.

EDIT: Seems it was just the media player I was using... Using a different one greatly enhances the volume.

Grab a $6 micro wifi USB stick if you have network issues. The wifi chip recommended to us back when this all started is pretty rubbish with some networks but there is little we can do, there are setting you can play with for the internal wifi which may help, many, many threads on it.

Back