Appstore.. Really?

Anyone mentioned "Open P A Z A A R" yet? It's just "half a turn" short of a shop that's Open and sells cheaP (if you don't get it, compare a "P" and a "B",) ^\_/^

The Alan8r said:
Nation.A.List said:
WizardStan said:
darien said:
rather than an official depository
What about an official suppository?
You know where you can stick that suggestion

...In the suggestion box?
Judging by that comment, you don't know Nation.A.List well enough to know where he usually sticks stuff he doesn't like... or even stuff in general.

Last edited by a moderator:
Craig named it "The appstore". Simple. Done. BUT Apple may have a copyright on it.

PandoRepo.

Or something Repository'ish. I like Repo's.

dflemstr said:
Judging by that comment, you don't know Nation.A.List well enough to know where he usually sticks stuff he doesn't like... or even stuff in general.
He should definitely try the rapist.

kingoddball said:
BUT Apple may have a copyright on it.
Not being a git or anything, but once something is created, there is a copyright on it. What Apple may have on the name is a trademark or registered trademark. ;) They're very different things.

This is a bit old, but Apple certainly applied for trademarks relating to it. :p

wow what a mess. why does it matter what its called? it can be called anything. instead a whole thread about its name. how about ideas on what to put on there. its a bit bloody pathetic when people start bitching over a name.
appstore works for now. it might not be the official name but it describes what its being used for.

Going back to the "panda" idea...the Zoo!

Or, like many linux distros we could go with "Add/Remove Stuff" :p

But I like pandas. How about something like Bamboo forest? It could be shortened to the forest!

Well, anything that shorts the waiting is ok, imo. So I'm all for suggesting names for the appstore :)

Openbox, as suggested by purple pup.Is an excellent name I think.Other suggestions, the Progstrore,Panload,Pancore,Pandagram,etc.

I don't know if anyone will see this, way back here, but what about:

"PwnShop" (You know Pawn Shop, but with gamer speak)

Trevsweb said:
wow what a mess. why does it matter what its called? it can be called anything. instead a whole thread about its name. how about ideas on what to put on there. its a bit bloody pathetic when people start bitching over a name.
appstore works for now. it might not be the official name but it describes what its being used for.
Sorry to offend, mate. I've got to say that I didn't realise anyone was bitching, though. :blink:

Unfortunately, ideas about what to put on there from anyone who, say, can't code or whatever would fairly likely be met with comments from folks who believe "industry" bunk like this (see here for a counter-point), who would say that the ideas are worthless and that space and time oughtn't be wasted on such discussions. :p I've things rattling around in my mind, but I don't feel particularly compelled to share them. :lol:

Back