Are You Getting A Wiz? If So, Why?

'cloudy-cola-corp' said:
There seems to be a hell of a lot of arguing here, why do people have to assert their opinions like this?
Because minds of most people here are fully covered with filth by the name of pandora :p

Last edited by a moderator:
'quasist' said:
'cloudy-cola-corp' said:
There seems to be a hell of a lot of arguing here, why do people have to assert their opinions like this?
Because minds of most people here are fully covered with filth by the name of pandora :p

:lol: but be careful, you might start another argument, and/or get banned, not that you're bothered about that or anything <_<

'cloudy-cola-corp' said:
'quasist' said:
'cloudy-cola-corp' said:

:lol: but be careful, you might start another argument, and/or get banned, not that you're bothered about that or anything <_<

Ha, as if anyone's going to ban quasist after all this time.

This is a topic in Wiz section started by pandoras' fagboys and leaded to total offtopic by the another pandoras' fagboys...
I guess that is the official marketing campaign of openpandora project.

'quasist' said:
This is a topic in Wiz section started by pandoras' fagboys and leaded to total offtopic by the another pandoras' fagboys...
I guess that is the official marketing campaign of openpandora project.
Such vitriol is most unbecoming. You seem to be escalating and stooping ever lower as the shipping date approaches, if you are not careful you may actually have an aneurism for Easter.

I'm looking forward to the Wiz but the screen tearing is reminding me of the weird quality issues of GPH, why don't they fix it?

As DaveC said plenty of devices have those screens and don't tear. I suspect we will have to wait for the 'F200' version for that.

Aside from that issue it looks good. It's similar to the A320 but will have the advantage of ready made ARM optimised emulators at least as good as the GP2X.

Okay, I was a bit trolling about the capabilities of Pandora. I was really surprised how many people took this seriously. I am a Linux user for years, so not interested in Windows at all (only reason I do start up Windows is Vpinball)

Wiz vs Pandora has been discussed a lot and I think everybody should know by now what the differences are. For my personal use Pandora is the best deal, but the Wiz also has its appeal. Maybe I end up buying both.

'Exophase' said:
Ha, as if anyone's going to ban quasist after all this time.
When his trolling gets obnoxious enough, I give him vacations. He behaves for a few weeks/months, gets bad again, and the cycle repeats. I've told him he's slowly earning his way towards a permaban, but he keeps right on going.

Every forum has the resident vitriol spewer, it makes the place complete.

@arrrgh, I hate those tiny thumb-board keyboards, the missus has one on her TYTN2 and its good for one sentence before I want to drop it down the toilet. People have talked about how they will, "use Pand' for all their computing needs" I just think, yech!

In any case, back on topic;
I hope they fix the issues with Wiz, I want one and more competition and choice in the open handheld market is a good thing in the long run.

'coldfis' said:
@arrrgh, I hate those tiny thumb-board keyboards, the missus has one on her TYTN2 and its good for one sentence before I want to drop it down the toilet. People have talked about how they will, "use Pand' for all their computing needs" I just think, yech!

Personally I don't have any problems with them. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

Sorry for the offtopic and unnecessary harshness before. Back on topic, I considered getting a Wiz, but I decided against it because the Wiz wasn't fully featured enough for me, as I wanted UMPC functions and more heavy-duty games and media playback. I also wasn't too keen on preordering from the first batch of the Wiz because GPH hasn't got a very good track record, quality-wise and I would want too see the feedback from preorderers before buying. However, if you just wanted older games and emulation of older systems and maybe some basic video and music playback, then save the dough and get a Wiz instead. The Wiz is still an interesting little machine, and I look forward to seeing what can be done with it. :)

[getting a wiz for 3 reasons
1. My gba is dead from over use
2.flash cards for the gba were crap have 5 dead ones at over 30 dollars a pop
3. expand my emulation on the go potential more emulators no weird front loaders just a simple follow the emulator instructions put on a sd card and go. Looking forward to the wiz hopefully Ill have one my may 2009 :D

I will wait for both of them to be released and then i'm gonna see the pros and cons of each system.

I had issues with the gp2x joystick and build quality (broken headphone jack anyone?), so i'm going to wait for reviews to make my choice. And although the wiz might be less powerfull, the pricing might swing my purchase decisons...

Oddly enough Yes I will buy a Wiz, even though I already have two development models. Why, because I get the feeling what us devs have are never the 100% finished product, and I want that in my handbag thank you very much :)

I'll get a Wiz after the first bunch of users have time to complain about it. Don't want another Gp2X mistake, which I should have held off until the F200.

Will get a Pandora after the first 3000 testers get theirs and complain or what-not which gets applied to the next batch.

After reading Quasists post the only thing that I have from it are new word:
-wank ( I'm not sure if I should learn this but too late :) :) )
-filth

And thanks for this Quasist but it is more Wiz section not off-topic :) :)

Don't google the first one.

It's meaning will come to you soon enough...

'Orange Pumpkin' said:
-filth

Words like that apparently make up 60-98% of Quasist's version of 'English'. It makes me wish I were from a non-English speaking country too.

Pandor: I translated it at : ling.pl

^
|
Edit : Pandora added
Edit2:
'cloudy-cola-corp' said:
'Orange Pumpkin' said:
-filth

Words like that apparently make up 60-98% of Quasist's version of 'English'. It makes me wish I were from a non-English speaking country too.

Well I played WarCraft 3 the frozen throne via battlenet and never liked to join Polish games because for 5 normal words there were 2 offends and that's why I usually joined German games ,, I guess in every language there are offends but think that in my language are used really to often ( won't show examples because don't want to get baned :) :) )

Back