AvP 1Ghz Issues (Split from original thread)

Pickle

Mega GP Mania
Website
Visit site
Steam version/data is also working. My 1 ghz unit has pretty bad graphical issues but I attribute this to the driver, since i other games with the same odd behaviors.

Last edited by a moderator:
Steam version/data is also working. My 1 ghz unit has pretty bad graphical issues but I attribute this to the driver, since i other games with the same odd behaviors.
Woah, what other games would that be?

I just upgraded to 1Ghz because I had to change the shell anyway and will be getting it on tuesday.

Does this mean, I rather should have upgraded to rebirth (which would have been a lot cheaper anyway)?

Last edited by a moderator:

I just upgraded to 1Ghz because I had to change the shell anyway and will be getting it on tuesday.

Does this mean, I rather should have upgraded to rebirth (which would have been a lot cheaper anyway)?
This is what is preventing me from upgrading - the case is silver and looks awful, and the board itself has lower game compatibility. The faster CPU makes very little difference in my experience also. Why would you update at all?

D.

This is what is preventing me from upgrading - the case is silver and looks awful, and the board itself has lower game compatibility. The faster CPU makes very little difference in my experience also. Why would you update at all?

D.
Quit with the fud. it has problems which are software related on some select titles... they don't stop you from playing anything.

D.
Quit with the fud. it has problems which are software related on some select titles... they don't stop you from playing anything.
Well, there are a few games I can't play on my 1GHz that worked on my first batch unit. This one, DooM Legacy, and Minetest all have those graphical glitches, making them unplayable. Notaz and Mcobit told me they were caused by a driver problem that Notaz is working on fixing.

D.
Seems they do, doesn't it? Yes, it's a software problem - the drivers don't work properly for 1GHz units. It affects quite a lot of popular software. Especially software that I would like to run, hence my statement that I shan't be upgrading to a 1GHz unit.

You appear to have problems, rushing to the attack like that. In no way was it "fud" as you call it, it was simply stating facts as they are. Now go away, little man, and attack someone else if it makes you feel better about yourself.

D.

there's also descent that's concerned if what I read on this blog is meaningful...

Back