Bank Transfer Numbers

I transfered via bank account the 30th January and still hasn't gone through. What's the usual delay for this kind of international transfers? :unsure:

GuSec said:
I transfered via bank account the 30th January and still hasn't gone through. What's the usual delay for this kind of international transfers? :unsure:
Unless you chose a more expensive 'urgent' or 'express' transfer, normally 3 to 5 working days (not including the day it was sent). They like to sit on your money as long as they can get away with though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Asmo said:
Unless you chose a more expensive 'urgent' or 'express' transfer, normally 3 to 5 working days (not including the day it was sent). They like to sit on your money as long as they can get away with though.
Aha, thanks for telling! Guess they will receive it in the next few days then. My bank took about 20USD in transfer costs, so you kinda think they could be a little faster...daem banks...

Is it too late to wire my money immediately for the first batch?

I just now got back into town and can have my bank complete the international transfer.

It's not even too late to get a money order and mail it in as that is what I had to do yesterday. My stupid bank says that they don't directly do international wire transfers so I needed more information that I could not get. Jacquelyn told me just to mail it, so I did. Now I get to anxiously wait with everyone else.

What? Bank transfers are the safest means around of moving money; all of it's very easily traceable through the banks' systems, with virtually no chance of the wrong people somehow getting your money. Do you mean he doesn't trust OP to send you the Pandora?

Are there still many people who have wired a bank transfer, but have not yet received their confirmation?

My bank told me the money should have been received on Feb 4th, and I still haven't received a confirmation yet. While I understand they must be swamped with thousands of confirmations to process and reconcile, I'm just a little worried that there may be a few of us who may have fallen through the cracks.

^^ I would call them up, it doesn't take a month for a bank transfer to go through. It took a few hours for mine.

'sverm' said:
Are there still many people who have wired a bank transfer, but have not yet received their confirmation?

My bank told me the money should have been received on Feb 4th, and I still haven't received a confirmation yet. While I understand they must be swamped with thousands of confirmations to process and reconcile, I'm just a little worried that there may be a few of us who may have fallen through the cracks.
I wired funds on the 26th of last month and have not received confirmation etiher.

'typs lik dis' said:
What? Bank transfers are the safest means around of moving money; all of it's very easily traceable through the banks' systems, with virtually no chance of the wrong people somehow getting your money. Do you mean he doesn't trust OP to send you the Pandora?
I think that depends greatly upon where you're living. Here in the US, we've decided that bankers are more important than people, so it tends to be err in favor of the bank, because hey they're bankers and thus trustworthy. The problem is that most banks in the US are not required to keep a particularly close watch on checking accounts and once the money is gone, they've got no particular interest in restoring it. And if I'm not mistaken getting the account number wrong isn't something that they'll fix at all if that's the number you gave them. They've also been known to bilk the victims of identity theft because they could and charge $20+ for overdrafts on a service which can be done profitable for $5.

That being said, I just sent a check, most of that is also applicable, but at least I know that the check is made out to the right person meaning that it's somewhat less likely to get robbed from me in transit. The post seemed to take a ridiculous amount of time in getting there, I think like 10 days, but it did eventually get there.

Turns out my wire did not contain my confirmation/order number. This is funny because the receipt I got from the bank had it. I guess it got lost in the transfer. It almost sounds like a lot of this still gets done by hand, with somebody sitting at a Telex machine, re-typing stuff into another Telex machine. ;-)

The fine gals at were able to track it back to my name, although with the added difficulty that my legal name on the transfer varies from my common name by one letter (to avoid the ever-so-annoying gender confusion on the internet).

So it looks like I'm in the clear (for) now.

'Monk' said:
'hedwards' said:
Here in the US, we've decided that bankers are more important than people
A telling comment ;)

I know, but when I was proofreading my post I noticed that, and it seemed too funny not to leave in.

Transzfers are annoying.

I have wired money to the transzfer account.... but for them to release it, They need to send a letter to me and I need to confirm it.

This is after I supplied the "fax" of the licence and bankstatement, as well as speaking to them on the phone lol...

I can only send the transfer in euros. Can you, please, confirm the correct amount and cost of shipping to Lisbon?

Back