Bank Transfer Numbers

I can't believe it, it looks like whole banking world is in chaos!

At 1st transaction try, it was missing few bucks at my MC/EC account (???) so transaction was canceled.
But, Xoom service charged me 1$. Probably as a punishment. >:)

Right after, I made money transfer internally(!!!) at a bank (both accounts are at Raiffeisenbank).
They needed 3 F* DAYS to transfer money internal ??!!! (at least no charge for this)
I'm using web banking, so all of it is visible instantly - however, Dart Vader employee repeated DAY AFTER DAY:
"It should be tomorrow morning, about 11am; nothing to worry about until then..."

Finally, when this was made, I paid and almost started to celebrate today:

Transaction Date: March 11, 2009 3:40:51 AM PDT
Amount Received: 327.02 GBP
Exchange Rate: 0.7042
Amount Sent: 464.39 USD
Service Fee: 23.99 USD
Total Cost: 488.38 USD

I was suspected because when I first ordered, my fee was 474,60 USD.
(Xoom charged extra 23,99 transaction)
Few days after, IT IS 464,39 USD! (good for me but...)
obviously, dollar fall against GBP... and what happened?

Date - Activity
Mar 11, 2009 03:45:04 AM - Xoom Processing
Mar 11, 2009 03:45:37 AM - Cancellation Started
Mar 11, 2009 03:52:35 AM - Cancellation in Progress
Mar 11, 2009 03:52:35 AM - Cancellation Complete

WTF?

offcourse, they charged me and money didn't come back (yet) at my MasterCard account... :blink:
Xoom probably has another preprogrammed sith-lord with
"It should be tomorrow morning, about 11am; nothing to worry about until then..."

Now I have to watch news to see is it Barclays bank, Reiffeisen or Xoom new Titanic....
...or (hopefully) it is something else.

I hope that I'm still in game... and my bucks too...

Last edited by a moderator:
Xoom doesn't work for anybody, has that not been explained?

'fischju2000' said:
What do you want to say with that?
They can charge my account, bill me 24 $ for their expenses, but they CANNOT proceed money they took to Barclays bank?
What's the point of this?

'darkborn' said:
'fischju2000' said:
What do you want to say with that?
They can charge my account, bill me 24 $ for their expenses, but they CANNOT proceed money they took to Barclays bank?
What's the point of this?

To take your money, of course.

Watch the news, buy a newspaper, of visist the Interweb - the banking world basically HAS collapsed - and that does not improve the services of what were often awkward, less reliable and harder-to-use banking services in the first place (like PayPal or Xoom).

A standard bank transfer from yours to OpenPandora's or a physical cheque by snail-mail seem to be the most popular, most RELIABLE way of transferring funds at this time :(

For a reason that was never explained, they accepted a couple of Pandora transfers through Xoom but all the rest (including mine when I tried) was rejected. I just sent a money order.

'fischju2000' said:
For a reason that was never explained, they accepted a couple of Pandora transfers through Xoom but all the rest (including mine when I tried) was rejected. I just sent a money order.
AGREE. Same case.

On Thu, Mar 12, 2009 at 1:43 PM, Xoom Customer Service <customerservice@xoom.com> wrote:

We will assume your issue has been resolved if we do not hear from you
within 7 Days.

Subject
---------------------------------------------------------------

Discussion Thread
---------------------------------------------------------------
Response (Ujjal Ghosh) - 03/12/2009 05:43 AM
Dear ,

Thank you for contacting Xoom Customer Service regarding your recently cancelled money transfer transaction.

Tracking Number:
Case Number:

Xoom guarantees a safe and secure money transfer service. With this in mind, our Customer Verification Team detected an issue which violates our Terms of Service, and has cancelled your transaction. To review our Terms of Service, please visit https://www.xoom.com/static/tos.html

A Verification Service Agent was assigned to your incident, and will be contacting you within 24 hours. If you have any further questions, we recommend replying to this message rather than calling, since specific Agents have been assigned to your incident.

Again, thank you for using Xoom.

Xoom Corporation.

MY REPLAY: (7:11AM)

Dear "Xoom Corporation" (Ujjal Ghosh?),

I am not satisfied at all with your senseless sentence (instead meritory answer)

"our Customer Verification Team detected an issue which violates our Terms of Service, and has cancelled your transaction".
This means nothing.
Moreover, there is nothing more explained at "Terms of Service" you suggested: it is just legal mambo-jambo of VERY UNSPECIFIC terms of service.

Only thing I found reliable here is at 2b:

"2. ACCESSING THE SERVICE"
"b. Not Available to Certain Residents. The Service may not be available in whole or in part in different states, countries, and jurisdictions. In particular, you may not use the Service if you are a resident of Colorado."(???)

If you find my country on worldmap, it will show you that we are not US residents; and Colorado don't bother us at all.
Moreover, you'll probably find out that there is no many rednecks at this part of the world, so please treat us with respect, as rest of the world usually do,
especially if you expect that somebody will CONTINUE to have confidence TO GIVE YOU ANY MONEY.

OK, I figure out that there is possibilty that your service is not available at some parts of the world.
But, how is then possible for Xoom to:
1. have predefined selection of my country () at Xoom main page;
2. take my money, and then deny to provide it!

Please, answer it.

My money is reserved for you at my account: on the other words, even if you didn't took my money, it is now blocked - I can't nothing with it because bank reserved it for xoom.
It means that you made damage to me!

I DEMAND SERIOUS ANSWER FROM YOUR SERVICE,
because this correspondence will be provided to official Reiffeisenbank services and other authorities, with complaints and suggestion that
WHOLE BUSINESS CORRESPONDENCE WITH XOOM FROM OUR EUROPEAN REGION (NOT ONLY MY COUNTRY) SHOULD BE OFFICIALLY AVOIDED.

I demand that you explain WHY (in which way) this transaction violates your Terms of Service.

Just for your information:
Western Union, UPS and many other works great, and there are no funny problems with that companies/institutions.
And, don't forget to give me back my money if you took it!

Sincerely,

AND LAST:
Response (Pramila Sharma) - 03/12/2009 07:58 AM
Dear Valued Customer,

Thank you for choosing Xoom to send your money transfer!

Your transaction has been cancelled in accordance with Xoom's Customer Protection Policy. We cannot complete this transaction due to a problem with the recipient’s account.

We apologize for any inconvenience you may have been caused.

Respectfully,

Xoom Verification Group

-------
So, now is "recipient’s account"!
Avoid them, they are just greedy incompetent bustards.

'darkborn said:
Avoid them, they are just greedy incompetent bustards.
Ah! You've found the definition of "banker"! This applies specifically to all the financial companies who have sprung up to make use of Internet technologies to lighten your load (bank balance).

I like the way they "protect" their customers from the potentially devestating threat of having too much money.

Just to announce:

I made direct bank to bank transfer, it is kinda slow (3 days) but IT WORKS!
Sooo...
:pandora1: waitin4...

if you're in hurry, use Western Union: they are expensive, but it works right away you send money!
(e.g. 10 minutes!)

SO, DON'T GIVE UP! PANDORA NEEDS U B)

Is it ok to send the money order in USD, or will they want it done in GBP..
Thanks.

Im sending mine in GBP. I don't think they can convert it there, it needs to be done in the U.S. [I believe]. Your local bank should be able to do a Foreign Cheque. I'm sending mine in on monday. It sounds like an easier solution to me.

'MrBlais' said:
Im sending mine in GBP. I don't think they can convert it there, it needs to be done in the U.S. [I believe]. Your local bank should be able to do a Foreign Cheque. I'm sending mine in on monday. It sounds like an easier solution to me.

Ah alright.
Guess I'll be converting Canadian $ to GBP then :)

Has anybody had to wait a while for the confirmation email from the payment. I've heard someone say that they had to wait 3 weeks. But alot of others say they got it within hours of payment. I'm guessing the money has to probaly go through some sought of long process before it enters another country. Does anyone know why else this process can take a long time or do you think that there must be a problem?

'Shaun.' said:
Has anybody had to wait a while for the confirmation email from the payment. I've heard someone say that they had to wait 3 weeks. But alot of others say they got it within hours of payment. I'm guessing the money has to probaly go through some sought of long process before it enters another country. Does anyone know why else this process can take a long time or do you think that there must be a problem?
Bankers. A whole wunch of them.

i forgot where i send the money to. to the first or the second iban number. i told the sales team that 2 days ago but didnt receive any reply yet. i'm a little nervous now...and all becouse my bank dont allow me to view the transfer and the sales team didnt reply'd yet.

Back