Beta Feedback

Just sent a beta out to everybody on the list so far. not much but something to get started with
OoOOohh.... can you send me one PWEEEEEEEEEZZ? [sad puppy dog face]
Yeayeayea... im a sucker for tomogatchi-like games. Its like a NES... it brings back memories, even if it don't have nearly the same graphix.
Thanx Pirotic if you send it, and if you don't, still big thanx for the Gigas Engine I know I'll be using eventually. :D gp32_console

maybe, depends how busy i am (need to paint a wall and cut out a cat flap)

spent an evening making a proper monster for use in the game, did all the animations and everything - only for it to look rubbish on the GP32! what a waste of an evening, but at least i learnt not to use long tails as it looks shit when they are turning/changing direction.

recoded a fair bit, but none of it shows yet so a new beta is a waste of time until it can actually do something new with it all, hopefully this weekend tho.

Hiya, beta testing submissions is now closed, I have a good number of peeps now which not only means i get a fair amount of suggestions, but also means i have enough people to have a big beta-tester tournament once the game gets to that stage.

oh, i've sent out a new beta to everybody.

if you signed up, but dont have an e-mail by tomorrow - drop me a private msg with your name and e-mail again and i'll check to see why you were not BCC'd in on it.

Read the e-mail before posting comments please, thanks!

Beta 02

Bug: If you click A on the monster to bring up the menu, and then the monster walks away, if you try and use the stats function it won't give the stats of the monster.

*Prehaps the stats function could be used to give the stats of whatever was under the cursor when A was first pressed, not when the stats function is selected.

Beta 02

Bug: If you click A on the monster to bring up the menu, and then the monster walks away, if you try and use the stats function it won't give the stats of the monster.

*Prehaps the stats function could be used to give the stats of whatever was under the cursor when A was first pressed, not when the stats function is selected.

oh, didnt spot that! cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah sorry i havnt given any feedback, ive been quite busy with exams and stuff.

anyways...

think that when the monster goes off the screen, instead of the box with showing what the monster is doing, it should just have an arrmor pointing to where the monster is.

ill post some more when i get my gp back

Not a bug, just a feature : I think you should be able to get the stats of the monster by clciking on the monster in it's camera box when the monster is off screen. This would mean that you don't have to find and track it down.

Bug: If you place the ball (or other items that need to be used from the left) on the far left of the screen the monster will walk towards it, but won't be able to use it. The monster will however walk on the spot next to the ball indefinatly untill the object is moved, taken away.

Fix: allow objects to be used from either side, not just the left.

Bug: If debug mode is activated and then you go to inventory, you can't disable debug mode until after the inventory is left.

I've spotted the too, but I'm sorry I can't test it harder 'til I finish my exams. Because of that I insisted a lot in the new beta to appear sooner than my exams :(

Bug: If you place the ball (or other items that need to be used from the left) on the far left of the screen the monster will walk towards it, but won't be able to use it. The monster will however walk on the spot next to the ball indefinatly untill the object is moved, taken away.

Fix: allow objects to be used from either side, not just the left.

Bug: If debug mode is activated and then you go to inventory, you can't disable debug mode until after the inventory is left.

Hiya, thanks - didnt spot either of them. allowing items to be used from any angle will make it far harder to animate, each item has its own cords where the monster has to stand and use it, and also specifies what animation the monster should go into. so eventually the monster will react to everything much better, and new items which are downloaded can add new animations for the monsters etc etc.

i'll make sure the use spot is within the monsters range when placing items, not sure about the debug/menu thingy, i'll look into that - shouldn't do it anyway.

thanks again

Pirotic

If any of you are good Beta programmers/testers i need you're help in making then debugging an upcoming GP32 game.

Care to help me?
Once it's finished it will be put on a website and people must pay to download the fullversion of it don't worry everybody who help with the project gets their name on the credit and a perentage of the total annual profits in you're local currency.

If any of you are good Beta programmers/testers i need you're help in making then debugging an upcoming GP32 game.

Care to help me?
Once it's finished it will be put on a website and people must pay to download the fullversion of it don't worry everybody who help with the project gets their name on the credit and a perentage of the total annual profits in you're local currency.

Hi, the GP32x forum has a beta testing board - please can you use that rather than this one which has been set up specificly for GM. thanks

it is quite annoying.

he sounds like a complete noob but he talks about creating a whole game!

Ca you even code yet Lina_Inverse?

coding in the first colluseum game at the moment, much more fun than i expected. its called "Monster Defence" at the moment, and your monster must protect a portal, the map has many paths and at the end of each path is a spawn point.

at the start of each round, monsters get spawned and head towards the portal, if your monster manages to kill them all before they reach the portal you progresss to the next round.

you gain experiance while fighting, and can issue orders to your monster by making it move to a certain position, or using a certain skill its learnt, the monster can do ok without help but issuing commands will always make it a bit easier (especially if you have a team game).

at the end of each round, you can either take the money and quit, or try to double up the money by going onto the next round - if you die, you get nothing (apart from the EXP gained while fighitng etc) and have to pay medical bills etc.

fighting and AI is still very dodgy, but its coming along - it's going to have different maps, and maybe even some sort of shop where you can buy towers and plonk them down (which act as defence, shooting the enemy) - but i dont want to turn it to much into an RTS so i may limit that somewhat.

anyway, that'll be in the next beta once its done.

And for when will that beta be????? I finish my exams this Friday, so I'll do all my acumulated work between this weekend and next week ;)

Back