Release Beta Test: Upcoming (HF5) Firmware Image BETA 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or is there some mailing list for pandora OS developers or do you hang in some freenode irc channel?
#openpandora ... the OS devs are there (atleast sometimes), but not much OS talk usually...
Yeah that's what that channel was made for, although there is lot of off-topic(ish) talk there now.

Anyways, it seems that the kernel stuff is mostly done by notaz + random patches by people in the community. Personally I'd like to see some more people get into the kernel development stuff - I mean firstly discussion about what will be done and by who (splitting the kernel areas that people work on), so that more people could work at the same time without stepping on each others toes, etc...
Well it was my solo project until you stepped up, besides that nobody sent me patches. So there is no need for any splitting for sure.

Anyone wanting discuss any kernel work can simply email me or catch me on IRC, we'll take it from there.

Anybody else getting an issue with PicoDrive?

[------------------------------]{ App start }[---------------------------------]

./PicoDrive.run: line 3: ./PicoDrive: Input/output error

open /dev/tty: No such device or address

[-------------------------------]{ App end }[----------------------------------]

Nope, starts fine here.

Anybody else getting an issue with PicoDrive?

[------------------------------]{ App start }[---------------------------------]

./PicoDrive.run: line 3: ./PicoDrive: Input/output error

open /dev/tty: No such device or address

[-------------------------------]{ App end }[----------------------------------]

Nope, starts fine here.

Here too.

I cannot open any of the Documentation Files from the Menu since updating. Though default browser is set to Midori

Another thing: my WiFi is barely working. I cant open websites in any browser, but I am able to use xchat.

Anyways, it seems that the kernel stuff is mostly done by notaz [...]
Well it was my solo project until you stepped up, besides that nobody sent me patches. So there is no need for any splitting for sure.

This reminded me: Not only is Notaz behind almost everything that is in common use on my pandora right now (Ginge, pcsx-rearmed, picodrive), he also is responsible for the fricking kernel. Not only is he obviously a superhuman, he also creates my entertainment. Donation time.

Anyways, it seems that the kernel stuff is mostly done by notaz [...]

This reminded me: Not only is Notaz behind almost everything that is in common use on my pandora right now (Ginge, pcsx-rearmed, picodrive), he also is responsible for the fricking kernel. Not only is he obviously a superhuman, he also creates my entertainment. Donation time.
As soon as I get my Pandora a will donate to the people that has developed most things I'll use and I'm sure Notaz will be one of them.

I wish I could just send physical cash instead of hassling with my bank every time I use my visa online.

Meh... I'll find some way to donate. Maybe I'll find a donate link or something if I finally use the full-version forum instead of this signature-removing mobile version. :p

Oh, I thought there were other people involved (or atleast trying to be involved) in kernel development ... :|

Notaz has such an embracive grip on the kernel and OS integration that there really isn't any point getting into it .. he's the Master!

Successfully flashed hotfix 5 beta4, SMPlayer works after maximize screen (MPlayer exit code 1) although smaller picture than VLC, Still cannot use Wi-Fi in MiniMenu (WLan enabled but needs the dreaded Keyring)

Still cannot use Wi-Fi in MiniMenu (WLan enabled but needs the dreaded Keyring)

That's never been added yet, also isn't in the changelog, so I'd be surprised if that magically had changed :D
Is it possible to turn that stupid keychain off then? I really hate xfc compared to mini menu

Normally, it should be off if you create an empty one (first time you're asked, don't enter a password and select to use unsafe storage)

Heya I'm getting my Pandy in a couple of days, so I was just wondering; is this the most recent hotfix and is it recommended to install this one before I install anything else on my Pandora?

Having an issue installing modemmanager via opkg. Downloads fine but conflicts with other packages when trying to install it seems and wont install. Will post terminal output when home here. =)

Last edited by a moderator:
will notazs sdl upgrade be in the next beta? rly wanna try pygame to see if much difference has been made

will notazs sdl upgrade be in the next beta? rly wanna try pygame to see if much difference has been made

As Notaz has pointed out, it breaks some SDL applications, and accelerates others so it's safer to run it as a temporary replacement lib rather than a permanent one.

D.

I am not sure if this can make it into this HF, but Notaz, Sweetlilrme, and lordbobjones helped me find, isolate, and fix a bug with the Pandora button code in op_menu.sh that is explained here:

Pandora Button Fix

Essentially, if you have a username that is longer than 8 characters, then pressing the Pandora Button doesn't have any effect in the OS.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back