Blingo 2008 - W.i.p

ruckage said:
mfk said:
I wonder when you will release the new version of Blingo and make us Blingo fans happy! :D
It won't be long I promise :). I don't want to rush this game as I want to make it as good as possible otherwise there isn't much point in re-making it. Plus I'm multitasking at the moment as I am now the proud owner of an f200 so I'm making a simple touchscreen only game as well.

Perhaps it's time to reveal the main new addition to Blingo 2008. Any of you who have played the game Blingo is based on will probably agree that a lot of the fun is because you're playing against other players. It wouldn't be practical to add in this kind of functionality so instead I came up with an alternative, I will simulate the experience by having 9 AI players. Each of these players has a small display showing an avatar, name, score and a chat box so they can talk to you and let you know how their game is going. You can either have random players to play against or you can create your own personalized set and name the characters after your friends for example.

I'll have more info and screens to show soon.

Is there going to be any Super Jokers ? , jokers that can be played in any spot .
anyways can't wait for this one , I'm still addicted to the original .. Thanks Bud

Last edited by a moderator:
ruckage said:
mfk said:
I wonder when you will release the new version of Blingo and make us Blingo fans happy! :D
It won't be long I promise :). I don't want to rush this game as I want to make it as good as possible otherwise there isn't much point in re-making it. Plus I'm multitasking at the moment as I am now the proud owner of an f200 so I'm making a simple touchscreen only game as well.

Perhaps it's time to reveal the main new addition to Blingo 2008. Any of you who have played the game Blingo is based on will probably agree that a lot of the fun is because you're playing against other players. It wouldn't be practical to add in this kind of functionality so instead I came up with an alternative, I will simulate the experience by having 9 AI players. Each of these players has a small display showing an avatar, name, score and a chat box so they can talk to you and let you know how their game is going. You can either have random players to play against or you can create your own personalized set and name the characters after your friends for example.

Just wanted to know how your progressing on this .. Getting very excited to see this release

budbud said:
ruckage said:
mfk said:

Just wanted to know how your progressing on this .. Getting very excited to see this release

Bump

budbud said:
Is there going to be any Super Jokers ? , jokers that can be played in any spot .
anyways can't wait for this one , I'm still addicted to the original .. Thanks Bud
budbud said:
budbud said:
Hello. Sorry for being a stranger, been busy lately so had no time for making games. I'm actually working on Blingo 2008 at the moment and hope to get it finished soon so you hopefully won't have to wait too much longer. Super jokers are definately a feature I'm planning to add though I may make them work a little differently to the ones in Slingo. I'll try and post some more teasers soon.

Peter R said:
Blingo being one of my favourite GP2x games I cannot wait either :).
Ya hopefully we'll see something soon , or at least an update on his web page .
still waiting to try this one being as the last one is one of my family's most played games :)

ruckage said:
mfk said:

Any news on this , been a long time .. Thanks Bud

budbud said:
is this project dead? been over a year now ..

Holy crap. Another zombified thread. When I said there were 3+ in the past week, I didn't expect another one so soon to prove the point.

No not Dead, just resting. It will rise from the slab eventually I promise.

Moomin posted on May 22 2009 at 12:27 PM said:
What about Wiz version? And ports of all of your games to Wiz?
I'll get some official versions uploaded for the Wiz at some point but in the meantime all you need to do is replace the Fenix runtime with the Wiz version to run any of my existing GP2X games on the Wiz. No code changes required :).

Ruckage: I received my Wiz last friday (one week ago) and I am really enjoying Animatch. Perfect version of this game! :D On GP2X I have all your games ^^

Back