[Blog] Back With Good News

mali

-
Website
Visit site
ED said:
I just came back from my vacation today - now I'm fuelled up again and ready to do more work. And, as promised, more news about what's happening!

Well, it seems I missed some good stuff - Craig got more than 100 boards and all nubs are working! He already built those units and shipped out most of them, so there will be more Pandoras out there in the wild.
When are the next boards coming? Shouldn't take too long. The board production company first wanted to ship us a small batch so we can test if we are okay with the nubs now (they don't want to desolder many more, I suppose).
We are okay with them! So production is finally starting up again :)

I also got the next LCD cable shipment so that I can solder the speakers to them.
Here's a picture of the box. There are four cables in each bag.
How many LCD cables do you think are in there?

phoca_thumb_l_LCDCableBox.jpg

Softwarewise, a few nice things have happened: UAE4ALL does now support Pinball Dreams and Fantasies (special graphics mode as well as a special Flipper-Button mapping) as well as HAM, Hires AND mouse via touchscreen! The pocketable Amiga is becoming better.

Also, GLBasic 8 Beta already supports the Pandora. Another easy coding language can now be used to create games and apps.

So... production starting again, nice software updates, and I'll continue to work on the Hotfix tonight. That's the kind of blog entries I like to make!

Last edited by a moderator:
How many LCD cables? Ooh, is this like the "Guess How Many Sweets in a Jar?" game you see at fairs and the like? :lol:

Nah, just kidding. Glad you're ready to go again, ED, and thanks for the update. :)

Something I notice on the pic is the solid color on parts of the LCD ribbon. Have they been redesigned to get rid of the copper tape, or did they always look like that?
edit:
Or it _is_ the copper tape which is applied already at the factory?

mali said:
Or it _is_ the copper tape which is applied already at the factory?

Yep. But that's not all copper tape needed,

Last edited:
yup, this is my cue to finally send mine in for repairs, I had to leave the screen in the open position to get through my vacation last weekend. It was worth it though. The Pandora is very handy indeed on vacation, I all but finished Bahamut Lagoon, great snes game btw. :D

Prometheus said:
How many LCD cables? Ooh, is this like the "Guess How Many Sweets in a Jar?" game you see at fairs and the like? :lol:

Nah, just kidding. Glad you're ready to go again, ED, and thanks for the update. :)

Yeah and the prize if you get it right you get a free Pandora!!!
Not! :p

Glad your back and enjoyed your vacation ED.

Thanks for the update, ED.

One thing I'd like to know, I'm sure Craigix would be the one to answer this one, is whether the 100+ new fully working units have been shipped out to "new" users, continuing in the queue, or if they've only been sent out as replacements for faulty units? Just asking, as there's been no new reports of new people recieving their Pandoras since mid July, the last I believe had an order confirmation time of 14:40 BST, 8 minutes prior to my own. I still hope I'll see a shipping confirmation email this or next week, but I've been hoping that for a few weeks now, so with this report of new fully-working units, I had to ask how things are progessing in the queue..

Well, in this thread, there's this from Craig;

craigix said:
100 to ship this week some of those replacements for returned units, the returned units will then be harvested for parts which may result in more working units.

I take from that that the 100 units this week are not purely related to warranty issues. I hope this helps. :)

Height of the box suggests 10 packets. There are 9 stacks +1 "stack" stuffed in the side space. that's 10x10 packets = 100 x 4 cables = 400.

400 cables. Now send me my Pandora :p

EDIT: @Prometheus & @Mali. I said send me MY Pandora ;) I am not even asking if I won one. I have one paid and am just waiting for it :D

Unfortunately, you only win a pack of cables for guessing how many cables are in the box. :p

Back