New Blog Post - Raise Your Shields And Full Speed Ahead, Scotty.

Polossatik said:
My Nokia N800 has a FCC ID but noCE logo, only somthing saying "NYCE".
Maybe it's simply "one or the other". Aka if you have CE the FCC is also happy (and inverse)?
The models sold for the European market have the CE label while the ones for the US market have the FCC label.
Here's a version with the FCC label: http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger2/2581/2454/1600/Capture1.jpg
Mine looks similar but has the CE one instead.

Last edited by a moderator:
Certified testing is required in america. Keep in mind the FCC is an independent run body in america. FCC branding is optional, just as confidentiality is. can't wait until next week!

iprice said:
My Packard Bell wired mouse has a FCC logo on it, but states - "Tested To Comply With FCC Standards" It has the CE mark too. But it also has a similar logo to the FCC, in the form of "VCCI" Which appears to be the Japanese version of FCC.

Yep, that "Tested to Comply" is the same thing we do (together with the CE test).
It doesn't have a certificate, it has just been tested.

Game_over said:
Certified testing is required in america. Keep in mind the FCC is an independent run body in america. FCC branding is optional, just as confidentiality is. can't wait until next week!

Yes, the CERTIFIED TESTING is required (testing at a certified lab and keeping the test results).
This is what we do with the real CE test when we have the final unit.

BUT this doesn't mean you need a certificate (which is something you get from the government when you apply for an FCC ID with your testing results).
And the certification is the thing that does take long, not the testing itself (that does take 5 hours and a few days for the report).

So we do need testing (what we will do) to FCC standards, but we don't need a certification.

Last edited:
Back