Thrill And Suspense : New Blog From Ed

aq21 said:
At least now we can stop hoping that the Pandora ships in 2009 and start hoping that it ships in 2010.

That makes sense to me. But how long will the rest want to wait. It use to say on the old Pandora web site 2009 was the year of the Pandora.

Last edited by a moderator:
aq21 said:
At least now we can stop hoping that the Pandora ships in 2009 and start hoping that it ships in 2010.

I ROFLed =P

You see, this is all tragically funny for me

I have watched over pandora for more than a year before ordering it (actually just did it because of that running out situation after an article somewhere on the net), and I laughed at all the delays, waiting carelessly

But when your money is on the line, things feel a bit different... In that situation, I guess I'd laugh at myself.
Shouldn't we all do so?

We are waiting for a company on the other side of the world to do something they can't even ESTIMATE correctly how long it will take to be completed.

Say that to a friend and let's see if he wont laugh at you

conso said:
Personally, I think this is the wrong time to get angry. Sure, it's been a long while for production and I'm as fed up waiting as everyone else, but really, after all this time, what are another week, weeks or even months when you see how far the preparations have come?

This isn't a new point of view by any means.

In fact people have been saying similar things since about July...

conso said:
Personally, I think this is the wrong time to get angry. Sure, it's been a long while for production and I'm as fed up waiting as everyone else, but really, after all this time, what are another week, weeks or even months when you see how far the preparations have come? Whoever is mad about this little delay should really have left last february or march. You are not angry because the case company needs another week (or more) to finetune the molds for production, but because of all the time it took to come to this stage. Christmas is just a date and if you have family or friends, you probably wouldn't have time to test the pandora in the holidays, anyway.
Its true that they assume it'll only be a few day delay. But how many times have we heard something similar before. The few days days will keep accumulating and then you start to realie months have passed and no progress has been made. If a company does for some reason need a few extra days I would assume that these extra days would be spent doing everything possible to make up for the passed deadline. Its been about 130 days since the mould process started and its reasonable to think that a bit more progress could of been done. If I knew that it would have taken this long sure I would of got a refund a long time ago but as you know based on the information we recieve, the release date is always percieved as very soon or in two months. If the release date was actually soon than only a fool would pull out.
This isn't directed at the OP team or mould company but the people who for some reason seem to be satisfied with theses excuses the mould company has given us. Remember that chinese holiday delay that caused alot the conflict in the forums. You guys were saying that all the complainers should stop whining cause its not as bad as it seems. Looking back at it now I can see who was right.

Wow you guys like blowing things out of proportion. Let's take a look at the blog post again, specifically this line:

It's nothing major and no problem at all, it's a normal process in mould creation and shouldn't take more than a couple of days. We're still trying to ship as many as possible before christmas!

I thought I'd just let you know :)

A couple of days only. Not a week or 2. Calm down. :lol:

MDave said:
How's the OpenPandora team's track record for time estimates? :lol:

I'm surprised people are still getting upset when time estimates aren't met. Why do you guys put any stock into any dates that are given by the OP crew? Something always goes wrong and things take longer than expected (not necessarily the fault of the OP team; but things go wrong nonetheless). If you haven't learned anything from the past 12 months of delays in development/production (in addition to delays from even before pre-orders were taken) and still put value into any date that the OP crew gives you, then you almost deserve to be disappointed. What's the definition of crazy, again?

Every date we've ever been given has been an unrealistically best case scenario (as in, if all the fighting stop in the Middle east and it snows in the Sahara then we'll see Pandora by Christmas). I find it hard to understand how everyone can get still get so worked up when the date slips just like ever rational person expected it to. Perhaps it's partially the fault of the OP team for stringing everyone along with unrealistic best case dates... but it's not like they've been inconsistent. Every time they set a date they miss it.

I almost feel like they should just tell everyone that it won't be ready until Christmas 2010 just so people won't get worked up and then pissed off every three days.

Sitwon said:
Every date we've ever been given has been an unrealistically best case scenario (as in, if all the fighting stop in the Middle east and it snows in the Sahara then we'll see Pandora by Christmas). I find it hard to understand how everyone can get still get so worked up when the date slips just like ever rational person expected it to. Perhaps it's partially the fault of the OP team for stringing everyone along with unrealistic best case dates... but it's not like they've been inconsistent. Every time they set a date they miss it.

I almost feel like they should just tell everyone that it won't be ready until Christmas 2010 just so people won't get worked up and then pissed off every three days.
I agree, as I noted that several dates had been missed prior to ordering. That's why I set myself a realistic date in my world if it's met, I'll be a very happy person! If not, well it wasn't for a lack of trying, and I'll just get a refund. With this mindset, I've never really been really upset with any of the delays or craziness from the forums. If anything I've remained very calm over the situation. I really do hope that the project makes it by my date, however unlikely at this point. But even if they don't I'll still be a supporter of the project in faith that there will eventually be a real unit delivered one day.

There are two parties involved here and they are both incredibly stupid.
The Open Pandora team for making predictions. They should know by now that is not a good idea.
The people that believe the predictions of the OP team will come true, and jump for joy anytime there is a bit of good news.

Eh before you go calling people stupid, Open Pandora havn't been predicting dates when we'll get our Pandora's, but the dates the manufacturer gives OP when some part or whatever arrives or gets made. Only recently they have been sure we'll see some of them shipped before Xmas IF everything goes to plan. We've seen almost all the case parts now, so it is possible to set realistic dates now that it's this close.

MDave said:
It started out as just a couple of days for tweaking. Then a few more. Then a week because of the holiday. I don't define "couple" as 70+, and I will smack the person who does.

MDave said:
Open Pandora havn't been predicting dates when we'll get our Pandora's[...]Only recently they have been sure we'll see some of them shipped before Xmas IF everything goes to plan.

You clearly missed the "I'm prepared to say July" or the "The first units will ship in October" posts...

Pleng said:
MDave said:
Open Pandora havn't been predicting dates when we'll get our Pandora's[...]Only recently they have been sure we'll see some of them shipped before Xmas IF everything goes to plan.

You clearly missed the "I'm prepared to say July" or the "The first units will ship in October" posts...

I'm pretty sure a couple days ago I saw a post about likely having pictures of a fully assembled Pandora 'tomorrow' too.

There are lots of examples, I am not in the mood to search for any of them.

I really like the Pandora, and I don't mind waiting this long for a great product like that. The product is great and it feels like the child of this community. I do believe the OP team made a lot of mistakes though, basically because they are amateurs in this line of work.
It would have been better if they said in the beginning they had no experience whatsoever. The people pre-ordering should have been treated like investors instead of customers. They have my money for a year now.

By saying GPH was the worst company ever and they would do so much better, expectations were just too high. They didn't do better. I hope their product is....
IMO they should just show the milestones when they are done, without commenting on deadlines etc. Just the facts as they are.

There are people really hoping now to receive it before Xmass, and probably in vein..

Nation.A.List said:
b_o_b said:
<snip>... and probably in vein..
Intravenous Pandora's. WOW, not only brilliant but wearable as well. :p

Hehe... funny :)

Damn English, why have two words spelled different sound the same.

antheus123 said:
"The board production is still going fine. Everything is ready for the big run"

I dont understand this line so the boards are not being manufactured yet? also the moulds won't be given the thumbs up for atleast another week :(

it would be criminal to produce 4000 boards without being sure you will get fitting cases.

Back