Bored Gui Mockups

CandidStan said:
Do we really have to choose one gui? Couldn't we have a skin system like the PSP?
Sure, but we still need to choose one to make the default :)

Last edited by a moderator:
CandidStan said:
Do we really have to choose one gui? Couldn't we have a skin system like the PSP?
GUI does not mean what the icons look like. The PSP only has one GUI - the XrossMediaBar. Sony uses that on a lot of things - the PS1, the PS3, the PSP, even their newer high-end HDTVs use it. All those “Skins” for the modded PSPs are just replacing icons and loading screens on top of the PSP’s existing GUI.

Changing the wallpaper or theme or icon pack on your computer doesn’t change the GUI.

Here’s the same Tango “GUI” - but with a different skin. (The top bar would actual have system tools and stats - the rest would be exactly as it would appear in the tango - all words, ugly boxy red tabs, etc.)

You could “theme” the GUI however you want. Just like you can with KDE, Gnome, etc. Skins ≠ GUI.

javaJake said:
Panduntu reminds me an awful lot of something... can't remember now...
Ubuntu? Are you being silly? It's a slightly modified (read:Shrank) version of the Ubuntu Netbook Remix. And the KDE one is just a shrank screenshot of KDE 4 with a mario icon or two thrown on, (and my status bar added in).

but, if you're not talking about Ubuntu - IDK.

chad78 said:
javaJake said:
Panduntu reminds me an awful lot of something... can't remember now...
Ubuntu? Are you being silly? It's a slightly modified (read:Shrank) version of the Ubuntu Netbook Remix. And the KDE one is just a shrank screenshot of KDE 4 with a mario icon or two thrown on, (and my status bar added in).

Stop making up words chad78 :lol:

chad78 said:

No, I was not being silly. I knew I saw the shot somewhere; thanks for helping me. ;)

Back