Break out Bord for EXT (PCB Designer Needed)

Would you buy a TinyBoB

• Total voters

When you've narrowed down, let me know and I can send some spare connectors to them so they can see for themselves what the plan is.

I could provide a few testing connectors too, but due to way how pcb is manufactured, it is not possible (IMHO). They print big sheet with 180 pcs and pre-cut it by drilling machine. Anyway, I'll ask them and even ask for personal visit at their office to consult it with technician to assure that all will be right.

Prices from first of two manufactures arrived. They offer make sheets with 180 pcs each + nonsoldering mask and Au pad plating for these prices (circa, in USD):

Code:
 # pcs (sheets) - total - apiece

180 (    1 ) -   167 - 0.93

360 (    2 ) -   227 - 0.63

540 (    3 ) -   267 - 0.50

1080 (    6 ) -   367 - 0.34

(it is slightly rounded and calculated with CZK/USD rate from my bank - their accounting trough EUR and ratio is slightly worst then average).

I'll attaching PDF that I get from manufacturer, IIRC it is export from their CAM system: tinybobv03.pdf

---

I can finance one sheet (180 pcs) myself, but no more, even I thing that 1080 pcs for 0.34 USD could worth it.

Other thing is that next run will be cheaper due to thing (printing masks, CNC files,...) done during preparation of manufacturing. It costs about 50 - 55 USD (already counted in table with price per batch).

Attachments

• tinybobv03.pdf
    16.2 KB · Views: 240
I still don't get calculation from second manufacturer - So, I send another email to the first one to reassure detail specification. I'll invite them with connectors if needed. I'm going to order 360 pcs which I can finance myself at last. This mean that I'll have about 250 pcs for sale. if anybody wants more 50+ pcs, please PM me immediately - so I could decide if bigger run worth it.

Cheers!

---

Manufacturing should take 2 weeks + shipping. We have general strike in transportation at Thursday (one whole day), but it doesn't impact this (I think).

I will be buying ten, and depending on weather my buttons projects (Media control box, and L2 R2) are successful I may order a batch of fifty. But that is not going to happen until at least a week or two after I receive my first batch of ten.

OK, I ordered 360 pieces - this means that price should be $0.63 + shipping. Shipping up to 10 pieces could be $6 or less - one or two pieces could even fit into standard priority letter for $2 or so. I'll refine shipping prices after I've got it, pack it and ask on post office :)

Woo Hoo, I'm excited! It would probably be quite inexpensive to ship them packaged in an old CD case.

Last edited by a moderator:
180 individual PCBs will be placed on big plate and pre-cut. It should be separated by hands or scissors. I think that the best way for shipping will be keep them connected and throw into envelop in one piece - if possible. I hope that it will be lightweight and postage low-cost.

I can't stay to get them, ship them and start those promised TV-out cables :-D

I keep looking at how small the EXT connector is and how fat my soldering iron is. I think BoB is the way forward.

PM sent.

I keep looking at how small the EXT connector is and how fat my soldering iron is. I think BoB is the way forward.

PM sent.
Most soldering irons have tips that can be changed. You should take a look and see if you can find a smaller tip.

PM sent.
Most soldering irons have tips that can be changed. You should take a look and see if you can find a smaller tip.
Did I say soldering iron. I meant fingers. :p

A pal of min has a .5mm tip he used to fix my son's laptop.

I'll worry about that just as soon as I've figure out which is pin 1 when viewing the pins. :p

PM sent.
Did I say soldering iron. I meant fingers. :p

A pal of min has a .5mm tip he used to fix my son's laptop.

I'll worry about that just as soon as I've figure out which is pin 1 when viewing the pins. :p
I posted a guide in the pinned topic that has a detailed explanation of the connector and decodes the pinout.

What's easier for someone with no soldering skills, pads or holes?
Holes, by far. With holes, you can just poke the wires through and then attach a blob of solder. Pads require you to hold the wires in place while you melt some solder in place. It's not much difference in practice, but having an extra hand free (and one less thing to worry about) makes things a lot easier for beginners.

TinyBoBs should be done at Wednesday the 29th June. I hope that 2 day for shipping will be enough and I'll could offer them at the weekend (and start building TV outs).

Great! I hope I can get one .. looking forward to the details where to send some cash!

Back