Break out Bord for EXT (PCB Designer Needed)

Would you buy a TinyBoB

• Total voters

DAMN! Today I sent email to manufacturer and guess what? TinyBoBs are done at The 21th June already! They sent package by Czech Post and according to tracking, they was try to deliver at 24th - but I don't know nothing about it. So I have to make short trip to the post office today.

Yes, boards almost one week are already laying on the post office.

Cheers

I'll send photo tomorrow - from "big" computer. Only drawback is price. I totally forgot about VAT which is 20%. In standard (e)shop all prices including VAT, but this was b2b like contract. Anyway - not so big deal :)

Can the TinyBob people make Pandora boards?
Sorry - I don't understand... Yay! Do You mean if the PCB company that made TinyBoBs can make Pandora's boards? Maybe yes, they made boards up to 8 layers.
It's not the PCBs that are a problem, it's the population of the boards, putting all the components where they need to be and testing them. Specifically, the reason they can't just choose any population factory is because of Package-on-Package. PoP designs, like the RAM that goes on the CPU in the Pandora, are not easy things to do, and require a proper setup. Not every factory is equipped to handle these.

^

Thanks for the explanation WizardStan, but that doesn't answer the question on this specific company. If they were so efficient with this small part, could they do POP and the rest of the process for a Pandora board. I'm sure Craig and ED have somebody in mind, but another option can't be a bad thing because overtime in this game has become really bad joke.

Perhaps you could contact OPT and ask for the requirements a manufacturer must fulfill and start contacting companies.

^

That's not really the reason for my question. I'm talking about efficiency. What other part of this project has arrived EARLY? I have no idea who is making TinyBobs and I am not savvy enough to try to know what I'm talking about. I am business smart enough to not make decisions in haste and avoid being put into that situation to begin with.

They've delivered one part in time, what can they do with a whole Pandora board is the reason for my inquiry. I'm not trying to step on any toes, and as I mentioned, I'm sure ED, Craig, MWeston, & Fatih already have someone in mind. Competition makes business work.

Company that made TinyBoBs is Printed s.r.o (s.r.o. is something like Ltd. in England or GmBH in Germany). They offer population in partner company in the same building (all services under one roof). I don't know if they can do PoP.

-----

And now - some crappy snapshots: Fotografie0292.jpg, Fotografie0293.jpg

Paper on second picture is quality certificate (my name, some numbers, date, 2 plates, electronically tested). I tried it with EXT port connector and it fits perfectly. Individual PCB could be separated by knife. Edge needs little scraping in place where PCBs are connected together. :)

-----

Over weekend I'll send some snapshots with soldered connector and wires (and plastic housing).

-----

Pricing (in USD), please pay attention to shipping which is varying due to weight (and 10+ pcs I'll send as "Registered Mail" due to assurance):

Code:
 pieces | cca price apiece | total price + shipping

1   |       2          |   2         + 2 =  4

2   |       1.5        |   3         + 2 =  5

3   |       1.33       |   4         + 2 =  6

5   |       1.2        |   6         + 3 =  9

10   |       1          |  10         + 4 = 14

50   |       0.9        |  45         + 6 = 51

100   |       0.8        |  80         + 6 = 86

This is money I need to get. When paying, please confirm that You accept and pay payment (transfer) fees.

Send me PM with properly formatted address - I'll send You my paypal account. I'm very sorry, but I can't accept credit cards nor direct money transfer (My bank asylum doesn't allow transfer from foreign countries).

-----

If somebody like to order plastic housing I can order them. This housing (USB-A originally) costs 0.8 USD - BUT ASK BEFORE PAY. They rise price from my testing order and it cost nearly 2 times more :-( (it was about 0.5 USD - I hope they doesn't rise price again).

-----

Cheers

Peca

EDIT: Price is little higher then my early expectation - but it is due my dumbness - I forgot count VAT and count without it. I'm sorry - I'm not used to accounting!

EDIT2: Maths - 45 + 6 = 51! :-/

Last edited by a moderator:
"Registered mail". That sounds like a very good idea. Wish I'd thought of that for the EXT connectors. :(

Anywho, good luck! :D

[...]When paying, please confirm that You accept and pay payment (transfer) fees.[...]
I didn't see an option for this while paying with paypal. Except there's a mention of 'Fee amount: $0,00 USD' on the transaction details.

To be sure, I sent $1,- extra. I hope that covers it. If not, let me know :)

I think with paypal you can send the money as a 'gift' which then means you are charged the transfer fees.

Although I did this along time ago, so it might have changed by now.

Those fees... I look at it closer and it is not selectable or visible if You pay for "Purchase". PayPal charge me 3.9% + 10.00 CZK; 10 CZK is cca 0.66 USD. Other way is to pay "Personal" (then choice gift or other) and the PayPal fee is visible and fully under payer control (but I'm not sure if You can get money back if I'm liar).

Those fees... I look at it closer and it is not selectable or visible if You pay for "Purchase". PayPal charge me 3.9% + 10.00 CZK; 10 CZK is cca 0.66 USD. Other way is to pay "Personal" (then choice gift or other) and the PayPal fee is visible and fully under payer control (but I'm not sure if You can get money back if I'm liar).
Wow, that's a big charge!

As a test, I've sent you an extra $2,- as a gift. The fee amount for me is $0.01 (total charge $2.01).

I'm curious if paypal charges you anything for this. I hope there will be enough of it left for you to buy at least a small beer in a cheap supermarket :)

Thanks for doing this, I've ordered four from you and thrown in a few bucks tip, hope it covers everything .. will now look for the connector! :)

Back