Break out Bord for EXT (PCB Designer Needed)

Would you buy a TinyBoB

• Total voters

Thanks for your support!

I'll have more work with garden, housekeeping works and family care then expected. So I find some time a moment ago. I'll test soldering on TinyBoB and got amazing experience. I don't use soldering iron many years - so it take a while I find out my old skill :) But golden plated pads and non-soldering mask provides good service. I was make some mistakes and must resolder a few wires. It seems that TinyBoB can absorb some heat and stay fine. Photos tomorrow - I'm quite tired and must find some ethanol to clean rosin (I'm afraid that I have only flask of Whiskey and as there is holidays - pharmacy and drug-store are closed).

Anyway - I'm really satisfied. :)

I'll preparing addresses and get an idea - If anybody prefer classical stamp (glued, ie for collecting) send me an PM ASAP. I'll packaging tomorrow. I'll pay shipping directly on post office (they measure it so I can't underestimate shipping) which means that officer place only postmarked (impress rubber stamp) on envelop, so no nice picture for collecting, changing or so. :)

I'm happy with just a plain ol' envelope I can chuck in the trash as soon as I've extracted the PCBs! :)

@Torpor :)

And one more think: If anyone need some nice letter included for customs officers, please send it in attachment or past in text. You know, something like "Hi friend, You forgot here some electronic parts when visiting. I'll sending them after You. Have fun, good luck, nice days..." or "I'm sending You a few of those useless connectors for total price 1 USD" :)

I think this is related only for non EU residents.

Last edited by a moderator:
Almost packed. Yesterday I was packing Your TinyBoBs. I'm going to post office today or tomorrow - I promise that I'll send all this week yet (all funded till Friday - 15 PM CEST :) ).

And now some crappy (again) snapshots: Fotografie0300.jpg, Fotografie0301.jpg.

And very special one for Alerino: Fotografie0302.jpg :)

And yes, white plastic box in background of the images contains my Pandora. I always store it securely.

Are you shipping the BOB's, or the cables? I'm a bit confused. I'd really like to have a nice cable like that too - is it going to be up to us to make them with the BOB's? Terribly excited to have such a thing for my Pandora's finally!! :)

BoBs first, then cables. I'll already preparing (pre-solder a few BoBs to connectors). I'll post more info after lunch... (1 - 2 hours).

---

edit: I'm sure that I already post pictures. Anyway - look at here (TV out cables thread).

OK, let's move on.

---

I'm very sorry for delay. I have some personal issues in live (someone should kill Murphy at last :) ). But I definitely managed shipping (except 2 with TV outs - sorry again). All envelop with 10+ TinyBoBs are registered and I'll provide tracking numbers in PM (just wait a little - I'm in work). All mails sent as priority, so shouldn't take ages even if oversea (I hope).

---

I was double check all envelop. I labelled all of them on back with your nick and package content. So, please, check if I don't make mistake, if content corresponding with label. If You miss something doue to my mistake - let me know I'm send correction immediately. If You will get more then You expect - let me know for evidence. If it will be some expensive mistake we sort it out in way You are not sucked for my error.

---

I doesn't understand how EvilDragon could work so hard in days and nights. He must be a real dragon! :)

---

I still hold Link's and Alerino's envelop. I definitely build cables this evening and send it tomorrow (I hope that shits wont happens again).

---

Sorry for general post here and not PM, but I'm getting lost in messages. Hopefully all is done properly.

---

Cheers guys!

I know its a lot of work and I am going to be very excited to open my envelope! :)

One thing - I guess I screwed up and didn't verify this beforehand, but you are just shipping the PCB's, right? Not with the plugs soldered onboard? I have to find a way to get some adapters next ..

I know its a lot of work and I am going to be very excited to open my envelope! :)

One thing - I guess I screwed up and didn't verify this beforehand, but you are just shipping the PCB's, right? Not with the plugs soldered onboard? I have to find a way to get some adapters next ..
Yes, just bare PCBs.

A few people ask for plastic housing.

Only one EXT port connector should travelling to the Netherlands as a favour (I hopefully not forgot it).

Ehmm. It seems that "International Registered Mail" (prefix RR in posting number) isn't tracked. I asked on post office and officer say "Yes, it is possible to track it on our website". So I try it and it failed. So I look closer and it could be tracked after they end testing...

Anyway. Registered means Y should sing that You get it. So I think it is safe enough :)

I haven't heard from WizardStan (I think he's the one, no?) about the EXT connectors .. do you guys already have sources for them, or know where to buy them? Sorry for the stupid question, I haven't been paying as much attention as I should, I guess ..

Only one EXT port connector should travelling to the Netherlands as a favour (I hopefully not forgot it).
Thank you so much for this. I need just one connector (and your awesome tinyBoB's) to make sure I can continue my experiments with the board I'm trying to build (more about this later in a separate topic). As soon as I receive my connectors from WizardStan I'll send one back to you. They're hopefully somewhere between Canada and the Netherlands right now.

@torpor: I bought more connectors from WizardStan than I really needed. Mostly because I wanted to help get his investment back. When WizardStan is really out of connectors to sell, I'm willing to pass a couple of them on to other members of the community. I have to receive them first of course, and only after WizardStan runs out of stock :)

@torpor: I bought more connectors from WizardStan than I really needed. Mostly because I wanted to help get his investment back.

Same for me :) I could sell some at cost to people from Europe. For other continents it's easier just to ask WizardStan I think.

@torpor

If you have already ordered from WizzardStan don't wait for "shipment confirmation" :)

I keep telling myself that it can take up to 2 more weeks (end of July) for my batch of ext-connectors to arrive. This keeps me from total nervous breakdown and bugging WizardStan about it. I'm still a bit nervous they'll never arrive, that's why I asked for one. Thanks again, peca!

It's not that many that I can 'open up a shop', but more than enough for my own fooling around. The rest belongs to the community whenever they become difficult to obtain again. I know how to send an envelope. Great to know that you're willing to share them too, Morn!

I'm trying to come up with a board that converts voltages on the 6 gpio pins of the ext-connector (anything higher than 1.8V needs to be converted back and forth). Mainly just because I want one, but there might be some interest for this with people who want to easily interface with the gpio's at the voltage of their choice. They also need an ext-connector, if they don't already have them.

All these problems go away if/when OPT releases the gazillion ext-connectors they ordered into the wild.

Back