C.e. Test Booked For 14 Oct 2009

@greendots

Ed announced yesterday that *everything* arrived at the Texas facility. Probably minus the power adapter.

greendots said:
How about keymat MP, battery MP and mains adapters?

If we understand ED correctly, the keymats and batteries are both done and in Texas. The Mains adapters are off the shelf psp adapters, but they haven't said for sure they purchased them yet. Since ED said "all" the parts are in Texas, one wonders if that is really ALL the parts.

Last edited by a moderator:
mindlord said:
greendots said:
How about keymat MP, battery MP and mains adapters?

If we understand ED correctly, the keymats and batteries are both done and in Texas. The Mains adapters are off the shelf psp adapters, but they haven't said for sure they purchased them yet. Since ED said "all" the parts are in Texas, one wonders if that is really ALL the parts.

OMG, wasnt the keymats being made by the same co of the case(not the carry).??

id better stay off this forums till 14 to expect more meat

I'd have to agree with Mindlord. All parts *except* the power adapter are at the Texas facility.

DroneB Dev said:
OMG, wasnt the keymats being made by the same co of the case(not the carry).??

id better stay off this forums till 14 to expect more meat

Yes, but apparently they've been done for awhile. The most recent pictures of the keymat were the final production samples, after a bit of a stiffness tweak the OP team greenlighted them for production, that was almost 3 weeks ago.

Phawx said:
I'd have to agree with Mindlord. All parts *except* the power adapter are at the Texas facility.

so...the cases are made then?

Monk said:
Phawx said:

I don't know what they're talking about, but the cases are still waiting for the molds last I heard, so they have 0 MP cases. The "Current Status" on the home page reflects this.

Monk said:
Phawx said:

Well of course not. There still in China silly goose. Waiting to be made by the unicorn press. 1 Unicorn = 4000 cases. It's just tough catching unicorns is all.

Phawx said:
Monk said:
Phawx said:

Well of course not. There still in China silly goose. Waiting to be made by the unicorn press. 1 Unicorn = 4000 cases. It's just tough catching unicorns is all.

You see, to me "All parts" means all parts. When you have to amend to "All parts except the parts that are excluded" you start to wonder just what is excluded. So it's "All Parts except the PSUs" then it's "All Parts except the PSUs and the cases". What next? "All Parts except the PSUs, the cases, and...?"

:(

Well for me, I don't really care if they ship me a PSU or not. I have a psp PSU and a psp car kit that I picked up from Pelican. So my only worry is the case.

However, I do agree with you. I don't think OP would send out two different shipments per customer if they don't have the PSU's ready. Maybe they will just forgo the PSU, and leave it up to us to buy a PSU?

How long do you think it would take them to order the PSU's and have them delivered? They could probably order at the same time the cases would ship.

They're pretty loose with "All parts". (How many times did we hear that "All parts" had been purchased?)

In this case it probably means "All parts required for the assembling the motherboards."

Phawx said:
However, I do agree with you. I don't think OP would send out two different shipments per customer if they don't have the PSU's ready. Maybe they will just forgo the PSU, and leave it up to us to buy a PSU?
A PSU was included in the list of "things you get" when purchases were made. Not including one would be a gross violation of whatever sales laws this would fall under, I'm sure.
Craig did mention, in one of his one line by-the-way posts (that I can't find now), that they had considered shipping without a PSU way way way back, and then shipping one later, but that was also when the OS was still fairly incomplete and a lot of other things were yet to be finalized.

Phawx said:
However, I do agree with you. I don't think OP would send out two different shipments per customer if they don't have the PSU's ready.
They could probably do that for the first hundred without too much expense. It'd be worth something to get a few of these devices out in the wild.

Or, they could just drive around to electronics stores until they had 100 of them.

@Wizardstan

Right, which leads us to where we left off. I am sure there is a big supply of PSP PSU's available. The cases aren't done yet. So the PSP PSU's can be purchased and shipped up to the date of shipping the cases.

Though they probably shouldn't lolligag any longer. Otherwise they will impose a slight delay on the whole shebang. *Unless* plans have changed and they want to build all 4,000 units before shipping begins.

This would give them a little bit of time to nail away FCC certification and hammer home some OS things.

what`s all the fuss about power supplies?, stuff like that you can order by the thousand online and they send em by next-day delivery, not an issue.

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.25017

http://www.order-bulk.com/UK-PSP-3000-PARTS-AC-ADAPTER-POWER-SUPPLY.html?currency=GBP

https://www.modernacc.com/products.php?product=Universal-AC-DC-Power-Supply-Wall-Charger-Adapter-for-Sony-PSP-{47}-PSP%252d2000-{47}-PSP%252d3000

prolly be able to get a PSP power supply from AliBaba or somewhere for a couple of quid each anyway if they buy bulk, not a problem.

It's just one of those variables that could be made a constant. The fewer variables, the more at ease one's mind becomes. I for one, am not sweating it.

am I the only person thought my posts were funny? I guess making one's self laugh is a virtue.

That's it... packing my bags, i'm going home

jb0yx said:
am I the only person thought my posts were funny? I guess making one's self laugh is a virtue.

That's it... packing my bags, i'm going home
Don't sweat it. No one ever laughs at my jokes, either.

@Wizardstan

Hahaha, you made a joke somewhere? I've never seen one, hahahahahah.

@Hobbyman

None of the sites you listed have 4000 PSP PSU's in stock. I think you could get 200 shipped next day. But 4,000 might take a week to get delivered

Back