C64 On Gp2x F200 "always Jumping" Problem! :(

ak47hkk

Still Fresh
Hi, I've just bought a gp2x F200 (firmware 4.0) and I must say I'm very disappointed (but also very impressed dont get me wrong!) with the C64 emulators, both frodo2x and vice2x.

My problem is when I start a game of Monty on the Run or Jet Set Willy, the game starts fine but the character always jumps. It's like the fire button is "stuck". This happens in BOTH emulators, frodo2x and vice2x. GRR! :('

Does anybody else have the same problem?

Other emulators work just fine:

Sonic the Hedgehog on Megadrive/Genesis: works 100% and is absolutely amazing emulation, probably the best I've ever seen, 0 frame skip and full speed ahead. Great sound.

Super Mario Bros 2 on the NES: works 100% runs full speed, perfect sound.

Shinobi on the GameGear: works 100% runs full speed, perfect sound... screen scaling is a bit ugly but this can be played with/adjusted and the game plays perfect.

So why on earth doesnt the c64 emulation work 100%? The speed for frodo2x is absolutely spot on, 100% and the sound is great, so why on earth does the character always jump.. This is SO frustrating because I basically bought the gp2x to emulate the C64.

If anybody can help or come up with the same problem, please post here to let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:
This problem seems to be only with you.

What you might have done is used the virtual keyboard to press space and while pressing space turned the keyboard off. This sometimes locks the last keypress

Thanks for your reply Folyjo, but this problem occurs in both emulstors and every time I try. Not just a one off but a problem that happens every single time. :(

foleyjo said:
This problem seems to be only with you.

What you might have done is used the virtual keyboard to press space and while pressing space turned the keyboard off. This sometimes locks the last keypress

is the problem only in the 2 games you said?

Ive got Monty On The Run on my GP2X and it works fine on both emulators. I know theres people with the F200 who have used the C64 emulators without this problem too

I'll quickly try some other games and let you know. It seems crazy to buy another gp2x just so I can get this working but I'm seriously thinking about it. Do those people have firmware 4.0 I wonder?

foleyjo said:

Ive got Monty On The Run on my GP2X and it works fine on both emulators. I know theres people with the F200 who have used the C64 emulators without this problem too

Ok, Bounder works but the game starts automatically, repeatedly. Which means the fire button stuck Again! Obviously the game can be played because the fire button doesnt do anything in bounder, but this is a very frustrating problem. Even more frustrating is that other emulators work perfectly. :( Do you have a F200 Foleyjo?

ak47hkk said:
I'll quickly try some other games and let you know. It seems crazy to buy another gp2x just so I can get this working but I'm seriously thinking about it. Do those people have firmware 4.0 I wonder?

foleyjo said:

no mines the 100.

Id try some other emulators and also some GP2X games to see if the problem comes up in anything else because it sounds to me like you have a faulty button. I could be wrong. If I am someone please correct me and help this poor guy

ak47hkk said:
Ok, Bounder works but the game starts automatically, repeatedly. Which means the fire button stuck Again! Obviously the game can be played because the fire button doesnt do anything in bounder, but this is a very frustrating problem. Even more frustrating is that other emulators work perfectly. :( Do you have a F200 Foleyjo?

ak47hkk said:

foleyjo said:

Why don't you fire up these games from the very same disk image (right off the card) with a pc 64 emulator preferably the pc version of the one thats giving you the problem. I might also delete the emulator and all associated files from the card and try again.
Chris

Thanks for trying guys. The built in games work fine, 100% a-ok. As I said also, the Sega Genesis Sonic works 100%. No dodgy button presses, nothing. I just tried out the Amiga emulator, and it works fine with Turrican and Shadow of the Beast. The NES version of SMB2 works fine. The Gamegear version of Shinobi....they all play without a hitch or glitch to be seen. Just the c64 emulators give me this bizarre problem.

I've tried out Frodo years ago on pc and more recently on my Mac laptop, Monty On the Run works perfectly on the mac version of Frodo.

Its just the GP2X I think. I think I'll buy another one.

Is there any way that I can zapp this gp2x software to make it "new" I'm wondering if theres a buggered config file somewhere on the NAND or in some sort of Folder/directory.

Back