Can I get my Pandora console buying from a store?

danio0012

Still Fresh
When I typed the frase (in Google): " where to buy openPandora in stores" and all i have recived are some asking sites, that someone must answer, and some jewery shops! Thats why I decided to create a new topic, besides, I live in northern Poland and consoles that exspensive (539 EUR... i think...) cost more than 2,000 PLN in Poland.

In short, no.

Theres a small physical shop in Paris, an online shop in Germany and another online shop in the USA. Thats it.

This has been mentioned before but as I think it might represent a good sales opportunity, here we go again.

Get Pandora for sale on the Amazon Marketplace now there are units in stock this is a 'no brainer' to me.

I'm sure the community could be encouraged to provide genuine and helpful reviews.

Give it a try ED & Link, what have you got to lose?

Edit : Welcome to the boards danio0012, thanks for an interesting topic. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Speaking of marketing opportunities, the question of having it in physical stores did bring one thing to mind... Around here, ALDI often do limited offers of all sorts of gadgets. (albeit usually rebranded with one of their own brand names) My local store has a display case at the front, where they sell the more expensive electronic gadgets including some that I would expect to be of limited interest.

I wonder if it's worth approaching them about distributing the Pandora...

- Neelix

Give it a try ED & Link, what have you got to lose?
Well, the issue is:

Amazon takes quite a high margin (AFAIK more than 10%) and you are not allowed to sell it for a lower price in your own shops.

You also pay monthly fees (AFAIR 40 EUR), as it's an item that's not available yet on Amazon.

And I've heard bad things from other shops, like that Amazon simply pays refund requests to customers to satisfy them, without making sure the customer actually sends back the item, etc.

I know a few shops here in Germany that tried Amazon but quickly moved away again...

I might still try one time... but it sounded like a huge risk to me.

How about an ebay shop? :D
Very good idea, and include the 280€ Pandoras in it too. People who are looking for a netbook will see it eventually. Word Smallest Netbook, 10 hour batterylife time!

Well, the issue is:

Amazon takes quite a high margin (AFAIK more than 10%) and you are not allowed to sell it for a lower price in your own shops.
I was not aware you were not allowed to sell the items for a higher price than you do in your own shop, I couldn't find anything in the Terms & Conditions that stated that was the case.
You also pay monthly fees (AFAIR 40 EUR), as it's an item that's not available yet on Amazon.
Not sure if it's the same in Germany but in the UK there is an offer that the first 3 months are free of fees for new Amazon Pro Merchant Sellers.
And I've heard bad things from other shops, like that Amazon simply pays refund requests to customers to satisfy them, without making sure the customer actually sends back the item, etc.

I know a few shops here in Germany that tried Amazon but quickly moved away again...

I might still try one time... but it sounded like a huge risk to me.
 The refund thing is very much a double edged sword. It is precisely the reason why I have spent £1000's over the years with 3rd parties on Amazon, there have been many cases where I would not have spent £100's with an unknown supplier but knowing if anything went wrong I could get a refund via Amazon made me perfectly happy to take the chance.

What you say makes perfect sense and the decision is far from being a 'no brainer' as I originally suspected, in fact some real nuanced thought is required. I'd say give it a go but carefully manage the process, perhaps by limiting the numbers available via Amazon until a good feel can be got regarding the positives & negatives of selling via this method.

+1 from here for the idea of an ebay shop.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ebay & Amazon take a nice chunk of change.  Then you throw in the credit card processor, whether it is PayPal, Google Wallet, or some other merchant solution, they take their cut, at least with Ebay.  It's one thing if it is a small item that doesn't get hit too heavy, but talking about $479-$609, that's some fees lost.  Then you have the emulator police trolling Ebay, except for the guy who is selling SD cards full of copyright material geared towards the Pandora (though I haven't looked for this scam lately). 

For the occasional people who sell used Pandora on Ebay, that right there is good enough promotion for the site.  Anyone looking through Ebay, finds a used Pandora can do a web search and find my shop or ED's shop pretty quick for a new unit.  

Knowing that Amazon sides with the buyer vs the seller also makes this risky.  Easy scam right there for a free Pandora. 

^

Thinkgeek has a 1GHz unit.  They were supposed to evaluate it during the CES.  I plan on calling them next week to follow up as I haven't heard back from them via email. 

yea forgot about them thats were i got my cannoo and resparked me wanting a darn pandora already lol but really a lot of people that love to drop alot on one of a kind gadgets love that site hope they contact you very soon

Similar to PC-BSD did, try to get some meduim/big name company like Frys Electronics or Gamestop(?) to sell the OpenPandora in physical stores ( Now time to get some Money saved for my OpenPandora)

Back